Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10253033343536374045 ... LastLast

Thread: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

Next week against man city.....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

Pls change guess x 3 to how many goals we lose. easier to score points.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Looks like LFC has really become another mid tier team.... hiaz.....
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

REDs failed the real test... no cohesion and disorganised back four... 4 straights season REDs loose the opening match..

UTTERLY DISAPPOINTED!!!
    “Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”-Bill Shankly

Wa a big upset when I check on the live score!!! 3-0 ?? Which team are we playing ?? 1st team or under 16 team different pot but same shitty soup !!! Next few matches are all tough matches we got to brace ourself for the onslaught don't get heart attack pls
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

RB is waiting around the corner somewhere incase BR fails..thats the rumour..

3-0 is fine. the first goal is really bobian. the players close in too slow.

the breakdown came when agger was sent off in arnd 60mins.

skirtie tried to be too fanciful when he should've just cleared the bloody ball and ended up been nicked and his slow kicking momentum caught the diver's leg.
    the ref gave 2 super soft PK.

on the whole, the passing is better. joe allen looks good.

borini is good with movements until he got whacked before halftime.

the team is not physical enough and WBA simply outmuscled us. in terms of passing, we were far superior.

if we had taken our early chances, we could've a comfortable lead!

so, i'm not too depressed although i'm angry. the 3-0 scoreline flattered WBA.

expecting better things but only if BR has the guts to drop Stevie G and drop stewart downing. these 2 are the weakest link.

stevie G, i lost count of how many buanged passes he made.
    stewart downing is a player more for division 3.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

pls read through this article.

It Wasn't Great, But It Wasn't All Bad Either

Despite an embarrassing opening day defeat for Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool, the Reds showed signs of improvement from last season, says Matt Stanger...

curry sauce!

An embarrassing 3-0 defeat to West Brom was clearly not the start Brendan Rodgers was hoping for as he sat in a Premier League dugout for the first time as Liverpool manager.

However, despite the Reds eclipsing the calamities of last season in the half an hour that followed Daniel Agger's red card, Saturday should not serve as a sign of things to come.

Indeed, despite Zoltan Gera's thunderbolt giving West Brom the lead just before half time, no-one would have envisioned such a healthy winning margin for the Baggies when Phil Dowd's whistle signalled the interval.

It will be said that Liverpool carried on where they left off from Kenny Dalglish's ill-fated reign, with 16 attempts on goal drawing only two saves from Ben Foster. But while profligacy returned to haunt the Reds, in the first half they were much-improved on last year and the spark of encouragement shouldn't be extinguished by the final scoreline.

After a shaky opening five minutes Joe Allen took charge, and from first touch to last he looked worth every bit of his hefty transfer fee, dictating a steady rhythm to Liverpool's play. As the leading positive to be taken from a disappointing afternoon, the midfielder has already underlined his importance in helping Rodgers impress his philosophy on the team.

One of the main problems with Rodgers' approach, however, is that if one cog happens to slip, the entire wheel ceases to function. And with several players on Saturday evidently requiring more tutelage, ten-man Liverpool eventually buckled.

The weakest link in the new system was Steven Gerrard and the captain's pass completion rate - the key point of analysis in a Rodgers team - was the lowest of any outfield player in a red shirt. Gerrard dropped the trademark Hollywood balls and adapted brilliantly to lead Roy Hodgson's two banks of four at Euro 2012, but whether the 32-year-old is malleable enough to effectively contribute to the new era at Anfield we will only learn as the season progresses.

Fabio Borini also struggled in his first Premier League match for Liverpool, disappearing for long periods only to flicker into peripheral vision as Luis Suarez buzzed around West Brom's penalty area.

With just two of his eight shots hitting the target, Suarez still has plenty of work to do to rid the demon of last season, but his link-up play with Glen Johnson on the left carved open the Baggies' defence repeatedly in an enterprising first 45 minutes.

The second half told a different story, however, as Rodgers failed to respond to Agger's dismissal. While the manager could not account for Martin Skrtel's oafish defending resulting in a second penalty just six minutes after Shane Long's dreadful attempt was saved, at 2-0 it was time to tighten up the defence and limit the damage.

Instead, Rodgers switched midfield anchor Lucas for Joe Cole (who lasted only 11 minutes before being forced off with a hamstring injury) and continued to encourage Johnson and Martin Kelly to press down the wings. With Jamie Carragher now partnering Skrtel in defence, Liverpool had nowhere near enough pace required to play a wide centre-back pairing, allowing West Brom to run riot.

It was perhaps rather naive of Rodgers, but after learning the pressures associated with managing Liverpool over a hectic summer, the Northern Irishman will have been anxious to avoid defeat in his first match in charge. Every club has a minority of fans prepared to call for a manager's head after an opening defeat; the problem for Rodgers is that Liverpool's minority is much larger than most.

The most pertinent consideration is that it will take time for Rodgers to implement his ideas. With 60% possession and an average pass accuracy of 89%, this should prove to be an anomalous result for the Reds. However, with Man City, Arsenal and Man United to come in the next four league fixtures, it might not appear so aberrant by the end of September.

Matt Stanger - he's on the Twitter.

Two players that could have made a difference yesterday: Adams and Carroll. Maybe even starting joe cole

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Pls change guess x 3 to how many goals we lose. easier to score points.
    ............................................ u closet fan ah?

bad start for LFC...but the season is long, everyone needs to step up to the plate and improve.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    bad start for LFC...but the season is long, everyone needs to step up to the plate and improve.
    Dont worry liverpool will response with 37 wins !!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552

Dont worry liverpool will response with 37 wins !!
    Im only looking at the next 9 epl games..

Nxt game .. i sweat.

WE HAVE NOT WON THE OPENING MATCH 4 IN A ROW LIAO
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Nxt game .. i sweat.
    Don't need to sweat. We will beat man shitty !!! lol

Don't need to sweat. We will beat man shitty !!! lol
    Huat ah!

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    Im only looking at the next 9 epl games..
    I give him till end of season. After seeing the 1st game, i will automatic extend the warranty for him as i know he need more time.

I give him till end of season. After seeing the 1st game, i will automatic extend the warranty for him as i know he need more time.
    Aiseh

We think we are horrible, wigan at home with chelsea was crying. 5 min and 2 down.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!