Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819222742 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 903

Thread: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

  1. #321
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by photo-orama View Post
    I think a bit different. LFC did not have many choices. We may have history but last year's EPL performance was a wake up call to many. I supported RB but alas he loved and played lots of politics, which worked when it came to getting rid of the yanks but I would not have prefered him as manager for long term stability (the LFC world cannot be orchastrated by and centred around a single man - RB). Then the "<fill as you wish/feel>" signing of RH which took us way back.. then populist opinion took over and we re-istated Kenny, which failed after spending a lot of $$$. So what's the solution, let alone be judgemental of the owner's actions and new manager? They let the crowd bully them to install Kenny, they gave Kenny a lot of $$$, it flopped. Now they decided on a new manager and do what they know best, and they are giving again $$$. Why not give the new guy at least 1 year and then judge him?

    How to judge him? At the end of the year, come back to this discussion and see how far we got in the various competitions, and how close we are to the top 4? I think BR and the owners deserve that much time, if not them, LFC does deserve it. Its not a question of suporting the new manager or owners, its a question of realising the critical point that LFC stands at.
    bro rodz want to take over at the helm when Buskin Robbins buang after 10 games.

    as for me, I say give the new man time. judge him after 1 season and be honest & fair with the judgment, taking into consideration players' injuries, $$ to spend, unexpected turn of events etc. etc.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  2. #322

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    though i prefer someone with many experience, think must also be fair to BR as well, he must have something we do not know, and 10 matches is seriously not enough.... to judge.... even some top players need quite a while to prove himself.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  3. #323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roDz

    Since you are campaigning for BR so much..i will start judging him in 10 epl games..let you wave his undies a wee bit longer...he must be your fave manager...lolZ
    I would have also preferred a bigger name but no money and no one wants to come.
    From what I read about BR and what I have seen so far, he might be what we need for the long term? The question is how long will the board and fans give him?

    Realistically, one season, but I think we should be able to see where the season is going after about 10 EPL games.

  4. #324
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    bro rodz want to take over at the helm when Buskin Robbins buang after 10 games.

    as for me, I say give the new man time. judge him after 1 season and be honest & fair with the judgment, taking into consideration players' injuries, $$ to spend, unexpected turn of events etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    though i prefer someone with many experience, think must also be fair to BR as well, he must have something we do not know, and 10 matches is seriously not enough.... to judge.... even some top players need quite a while to prove himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    I would have also preferred a bigger name but no money and no one wants to come.
    From what I read about BR and what I have seen so far, he might be what we need for the long term? The question is how long will the board and fans give him?

    Realistically, one season, but I think we should be able to see where the season is going after about 10 EPL games.
    Quote Originally Posted by photo-orama View Post
    I think a bit different. LFC did not have many choices. We may have history but last year's EPL performance was a wake up call to many. I supported RB but alas he loved and played lots of politics, which worked when it came to getting rid of the yanks but I would not have prefered him as manager for long term stability (the LFC world cannot be orchastrated by and centred around a single man - RB). Then the "<fill as you wish/feel>" signing of RH which took us way back.. then populist opinion took over and we re-istated Kenny, which failed after spending a lot of $$$. So what's the solution, let alone be judgemental of the owner's actions and new manager? They let the crowd bully them to install Kenny, they gave Kenny a lot of $$$, it flopped. Now they decided on a new manager and do what they know best, and they are giving again $$$. Why not give the new guy at least 1 year and then judge him?

    How to judge him? At the end of the year, come back to this discussion and see how far we got in the various competitions, and how close we are to the top 4? I think BR and the owners deserve that much time, if not them, LFC does deserve it. Its not a question of suporting the new manager or owners, its a question of realising the critical point that LFC stands at.
    So everyone thinks a new manager needs 1 full season to get his ideas right? That 10 games isnt sufficient? Why never say it during RH's time? Why? Coz by 10 games we can see where he was leading the team...so why do we need to wait one full season now with BR? To consider players injuries? Players form,etc? Not that i supported RB so much but why i supported him bcoz many people here didnt realised during his final season, a number of major players got long term injuries..SG & Torres...& after they were fit, they needed time to get their form back but he was given sticks from everyone. Fair treatment u said? hmm...lets hope BR can show me that he's leading the team towards the right direction...i'm still giving him 10 games before i make noise, whether bro grumpy & bro CC fight to get to wave his undies or not...

  5. #325

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    So everyone thinks a new manager needs 1 full season to get his ideas right? That 10 games isnt sufficient? Why never say it during RH's time? Why? Coz by 10 games we can see where he was leading the team...so why do we need to wait one full season now with BR? To consider players injuries? Players form,etc? Not that i supported RB so much but why i supported him bcoz many people here didnt realised during his final season, a number of major players got long term injuries..SG & Torres...& after they were fit, they needed time to get their form back but he was given sticks from everyone. Fair treatment u said? hmm...lets hope BR can show me that he's leading the team towards the right direction...i'm still giving him 10 games before i make noise, whether bro grumpy & bro CC fight to get to wave his undies or not...
    Because RH sold us out! He failed to protect our players from bad talk by other managers, and failed to stand up to the best interests of the club when it came to the owners (RB did stand up to the yanks if you are looking for a good example of managers who deviated from the official line). As for RB, actually I supported the guy, and still believe he was shown the door because he refused to just follow the "official" owner line. Credit to the guy.

  6. #326
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    So everyone thinks a new manager needs 1 full season to get his ideas right? That 10 games isnt sufficient? Why never say it during RH's time? Why? Coz by 10 games we can see where he was leading the team...so why do we need to wait one full season now with BR? To consider players injuries? Players form,etc? Not that i supported RB so much but why i supported him bcoz many people here didnt realised during his final season, a number of major players got long term injuries..SG & Torres...& after they were fit, they needed time to get their form back but he was given sticks from everyone. Fair treatment u said? hmm...lets hope BR can show me that he's leading the team towards the right direction...i'm still giving him 10 games before i make noise, whether bro grumpy & bro CC fight to get to wave his undies or not...
    aiyo!!! RH is someone u never even supported since day 1.


    RH is shown the door becos he failed to protect our players and the club plus there are talks that players are revolting due to the way he led the training sessions.

    he lost the dressing room n that's why he mux go.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #327

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    RH was weak....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  8. #328
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    RH was weak....
    Agreed. He really CMI !!!!

  9. #329

    Default

    I didn't think RH was right for us but I still gave initial support. But his tactics and player management is really CMI, got worst when he fail to manage the media. Bad fit from the start and had to go.

  10. #330
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy
    I didn't think RH was right for us but I still gave initial support. But his tactics and player management is really CMI, got worst when he fail to manage the media. Bad fit from the start and had to go.
    My point is, we dont need a full season to know if a new manager is leading us towards the right direction or not right? Hahaha...

  11. #331
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    LEGEND is back !!!! SAMI SAMI

    Sami Hyypia insists he is delighted to be back in Liverpool as he prepares for an emotional return to Anfield as Bayer Leverkusen manager on Sunday afternoon.

    A glittering 10-year Anfield career, during which Hyypia got his hands on the European Cup, two FA Cups, a UEFA Cup and two League Cups, came to an end in the summer of 2009.

    In what proved to be an emotional departure, the centre-back bowed out on the final day of the campaign, after being introduced as a substitute to a roaring ovation from the crowd.

    Three years on and plenty has changed around Anfield; however, one thing will be the same on Sunday afternoon when the warmest of receptions will be to afforded to Hyypia as he takes to the dug-out.

    "It's nice to be back in Liverpool," said Hyypia. "I think over the three years I've been away, the city has changed a lot - especially the city centre.

    "It will be good to be back at Anfield for the final game of our preparations. Our aim is to play well and of course we want to win. Hopefully I'll get a good reception from the Liverpool fans.

    "Plenty has changed with regards to the people who were here three years ago - there are not many of them left! But in every area of life you go forward and you carry on and I think the Liverpool owners have made the decision now to get new people in and that's pretty normal in football.

    "Hopefully Liverpool are in the process of getting back to the glory days. A new manager has come in and he did a good job at Swansea. Hopefully he can do a good job at Liverpool as well.

    "There is a lot of tradition and a lot of success at this club, so I am just waiting for the moment Liverpool get back to where they have been in the past."

    For fans who remember the Finn taking to the Anfield turf clad in Liverpool red, seeing him take up position in the dug-out in more formal attire on Sunday afternoon will be something of a strange experience.

    And Hyypia, who was appointed manager of the Bundesliga outfit in May 2012 after taking up the reins as caretaker boss a month earlier, admits he is still getting used to the role of manager himself.

    "At the moment it's hard work and it's long days," he said. "You have to think a lot about the next day and the coming weeks.

    "Many of my friends have asked me whether I am enjoying it or not but I think the pre-season is not the time that you enjoy most because you only play friendly games. They are important to prepare the team for the season but I think the real enjoyment will come when the season starts.

    "And the greatest enjoyment comes when you are successful."

    Hyypia will be greeted by a host of familiar faces when he walks through the doors at Anfield on Sunday and one of the first to welcome him back will no doubt be his old central-defensive partner Jamie Carragher.

    "I was there on Thursday to see him play his 701st Liverpool game (against FC Gomel)," said Hyypia. "I wanted to be there because it's a big achievement for Carra (to play over 700 games for the club). He still has a lot of games to come, so it's great to see that he's still doing the job very well.

    "I am still in close contact with Daniel Agger and he's a very, very good centre-back. Hopefully he will stay fit and he can play the full season without injuries and really show how good a player he is. I know that there is speculation around him but when nothing is fixed, he is still a Liverpool player.

    "His partnership with Martin Skrtel is great and it's a good base for success. When you have a pair in the centre of the defence who understand each other so well and both have quality when playing the ball forward, it's a good base for any team to build on.

    "I would count Pepe Reina as a third man in the middle of that defence as well."

    There will also be plenty of new faces present on the day and one player who Hyypia is looking forward to seeing in action more than any other is Luis Suarez, although the Finn admitted he would much rather observe the Uruguayan from a distance than be forced to mark him.

    "Suarez is a very good player," he said. "I think I would hate to play against him."

    Hyypia may only be months into his reign as Leverkusen boss and he has set his sights on European qualification for next season; however, when asked if he would like to come back to Anfield one day, he replied: "Never say no to good things.

    "Liverpool has a special place in my heart."

    Hyypia excited for Anfield return - Liverpool FC

  12. #332

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    My point is, we dont need a full season to know if a new manager is leading us towards the right direction or not right? Hahaha...


    That's why i said after 10 epl games we will more or less know

  13. #333
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Huat ah!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  14. #334

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    TMD how come never consider Hyypia as manager?

  15. #335
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy
    TMD how come never consider Hyypia as manager?
    Maybe he is nt the rite man. I am the best man but the club cant afford me.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #336
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    Sami Sami


  17. #337

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    City damn good.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  18. #338
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    big news!


    chubby adam to leave LFC for Fulham in a swap deal with clinton dempsey!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  19. #339
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    LIVERPOOL TO OFFER ADAM FOR DEMPSEY
    Despite Fulham denying they were interested in Charlie Adam earlier in the summer, Liverpool are trying to force the midfield bruiser on Martin Jol as they try to tie up a deal for Clint Dempsey.

    Brendan Rodgers has admitted that Liverpool don't have the money that was available last summer and the club's attempt to kill two birds with one stone highlights the Northern Irishman's commitment to being "strategic" in the transfer market.

    The Daily Mail say Adam is now surplus to requirements at Anfield following the arrival of Joe Allen and with the Reds struggling to find the 10million Fulham are demanding for Dempsey, the Scotland international could be the perfect make-weight.

    curry sauce.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  20. #340
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *64* - NEW DAWN IS UPON US!!!

    tonight lineup

    Reina, Enrique, Kelly, Carragher, Coates, Lucas, Shelvey, Gerrard, Downing, Sterling, Suarez

    Sub:
    Subs: Carroll, Henderson, Spearing, Adam, Jones, Robinson

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •