Thread: Traveling to jiu zhaigou in 1st week of November

Default Traveling to jiu zhaigou in 1st week of November

Dear all, frm what I have gathered frm the net so far it seems sept and oct will be the best time to visit jzg... Just wondering for first week of nov how is the weather and sceneries like in jzg? Can I still get to see the brown and yellow autumn leaves? Any fellow cs bros and sis been there around this time can give me some advice? Thanks a lot!

Default Re: Traveling to jiu zhaigou in 1st week of November

Autumn is cloudy and wet in Jiuzhaigou. Best time to see autumn colours is the period between the last week of Oct and the 2nd week of Nov. This is however the most popular period for tourists both local and from overseas and there would be 人山人海 in Jiuzhaigou. After the 2nd week of Nov, there might not be much autumn leaves to see in Jiuzhaigou.

I was there 2011 Oct 31 till Nov 06th(6 days). It was drizzling some day, but not long period. However, that adds up the mood for the scenery due to the smoke after drizzling. u might want to prepare rain coat for yourself and your gear.
    Polarizing Filter IS A MUST for filter away the water reflection.
    Tripod is necessary, ND filter(at least -3 Stop) is needed too for some situations and for shooting water fall as well.
    Mirror Lake(镜海)should visit first thing in the morning to get the mirror effect.
    Will let u know more and post some sample shot later for u.

Last edited by onebear; 11th July 2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: + pix
    Nikon

Great place , I was there during late summer. Tons of mainland vistors but I really enjoyed it.

Bring sweater very cold during this period

oh! incredible photos !!!!!!!! hey you guys are amazing!

wow guys... thanks for the feedbacks... and tomcat/onebear your pics are simply stunning!
    so I assume in first week of Nov we still get to @@ the autumn scenics as compared to late Sept ah...

Quote Originally Posted by onebear View Post
    I was there 2011 Oct 31 till Nov 06th(6 days). It was drizzling some day, but not long period. However, that adds up the mood for the scenery due to the smoke after drizzling. u might want to prepare rain coat for yourself and your gear.
    Polarizing Filter IS A MUST for filter away the water reflection.
    Tripod is necessary, ND filter(at least -3 Stop) is needed too for some situations and for shooting water fall as well.
    Mirror Lake(镜海)should visit first thing in the morning to get the mirror effect.
    Will let u know more and post some sample shot later for u.

looking forward to more sample shots from you wor..

Quote Originally Posted by nordleadx View Post
    Great place , I was there during late summer.
    i went last year around May, though you dun have the autumn color, there was lots of sunshine in end spring/begin summer period.
    Not a bad timing to visit at all if it is not end oct/begin Nov.

and most likely you would also visit 黄龙,

to conclude, yes, it is definately 1 of the 100 places we must go before RIP

Quote Originally Posted by blurboiboi View Post
    wow guys... thanks for the feedbacks... and tomcat/onebear your pics are simply stunning!
    so I assume in first week of Nov we still get to @@ the autumn scenics as compared to late Sept ah...
    There's more water and blue skies but only green leaves in September while it's wetter and cloudier and autumn colors in Early Nov at Jiuzhaigou. I have been there twice, once in mid-Sep and the other in end-Oct. This is what Arrow Bamboo Lake looked like in mid-Sep and end-Oct...

What a difference 1 month makes.