Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

Thread: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    18

    Default WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    Hi All,

    Understand the SEL18200LE is coming to town this month. Understand that the retail price will be SGD1199.00 for SEL18200LE and SEL18200 will be SGD999.00 (current Promotion).

    At first, i wanted to purchase the SEL18200 (without knowing the arrival of SEL18200LE), but was hoping for GSS and finally the price for SEL18200 was reduced from SGD1199.00 to SGD999.00. But the price deduction was due to the new arrival lens SEL18200LE.

    Beside the price different of SGD200.00, i believed there are PRO and CON between the 2 lenses. Eg. SEL18200LE is smaller and Lighter as compared to SEL18200LE. Now, am confused whether which lens should i go for??

    Can you guys provide some valuable comments on which lens should i go for?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    Not sure about the new SEL18200LE performance..but should be the same..(If not wait for reviews...) This is the most important factor.

    Then...

    Does the reduce of size and weight..worth it for you to pay more? Oh its black too..if it matters to you.

    For me.. the $200 differences in price is good enough for me to make my decision.

  3. #3

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    Wait for the new lens to arrive, then head to Sony style store to have a look and feel it physically before making the decision

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    Quote Originally Posted by NEXUSER View Post
    Hi All,

    Understand the SEL18200LE is coming to town this month. Understand that the retail price will be SGD1199.00 for SEL18200LE and SEL18200 will be SGD999.00 (current Promotion).

    At first, i wanted to purchase the SEL18200 (without knowing the arrival of SEL18200LE), but was hoping for GSS and finally the price for SEL18200 was reduced from SGD1199.00 to SGD999.00. But the price deduction was due to the new arrival lens SEL18200LE.

    Beside the price different of SGD200.00, i believed there are PRO and CON between the 2 lenses. Eg. SEL18200LE is smaller and Lighter as compared to SEL18200LE. Now, am confused whether which lens should i go for??

    Can you guys provide some valuable comments on which lens should i go for?

    Thanks
    Where did you see the price for SEL18200 at SGD999.00?
    Sony NEX-5ND + SEL16F28 / SEL30M35 / SEL50F18 / SEL1855 / SEL18200 + HVL-F20S

  5. #5

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    from what i've read, the new version should be cheaper, not more expensive.

    Sony reveals NEX-F3 and A37 entry-level double act | Photography news - Camera news, photo news and photography events | Amateur Photographer

    where the heck did you hear your news from?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hengkg

    Where did you see the price for SEL18200 at SGD999.00?
    The price of SGD999.00 was quoted by Sony Store at IMM. They are running the special promo price for Sony's day or so ever...

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I got the news from Sony directly.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    from what i've read, the new version should be cheaper, not more expensive.

    where the heck did you hear your news from?
    NEXUSER is correct on the price for SEL18200LE, Sony is pricing it at S$1,199.00. You can check out Sony Singapore website.
    Sony NEX-5ND + SEL16F28 / SEL30M35 / SEL50F18 / SEL1855 / SEL18200 + HVL-F20S

  9. #9

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    In MY, the RRP for the new 18200LE is RM2799, while the older 18200 is RM2999.
    Why Sony SG set the price to be the same and not cheaper for the LE? beats me too!

  10. #10

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    Sony is smart.. milk as much money from locals. Because most people here have lots of cash to throw around, and always think newer = better.

  11. #11

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    Quote Originally Posted by hengkg View Post
    NEXUSER is correct on the price for SEL18200LE, Sony is pricing it at S$1,199.00. You can check out Sony Singapore website.
    i have eyes to read too, you know.

    yea i did check out the website:

    SEL18200 SRP $1,199 SEL18200 : Lens : NEX Lens (E-mount) : Sony Singapore

    vs

    SEL18200LE no price SEL18200LE : Lens : NEX Lens (E-mount) : Sony Singapore
    however i saw the price and it's stated as $1,199

    and even the promotion lists the SEL18200 as $1,199 SALE : Sony Days 2012 : Sony Singapore

    so i have no idea which online website you're quoting

  12. #12

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    Hi I've got a friend in HK right now. The retail list price of the LE is HKD 6490. I'm wondering what is the marked down street price that we should expect? Thanks.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i have eyes to read too, you know.

    so i have no idea which online website you're quoting
    i am sure you have got at least 2 eyes to read.....and 1 mouth to speak, so watch your tongue.....we are here to share and don't owe you anything.

    go google it yourself.
    Sony NEX-5ND + SEL16F28 / SEL30M35 / SEL50F18 / SEL1855 / SEL18200 + HVL-F20S

  14. #14

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    Quote Originally Posted by hengkg View Post
    i am sure you have got at least 2 eyes to read.....and 1 mouth to speak, so watch your tongue.....we are here to share and don't owe you anything.

    go google it yourself.
    i don't know who's the one posting weird information claiming it's from a particular website when i saw different information on said website... now you say to google?

    1) you claim it's on the Sony website. it's there, but no price as of this morning
    2) you quote me and inform me of something i already know... so you're calling me blind and i have defend my eyesight.

    goodness. the IQ here is so high i need to crouch to avoid the ceiling
    Last edited by kei1309; 6th July 2012 at 06:38 PM.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    Come on guys, hope my post wont create any unhappiness over the forum.

    Just share some info with you guys.

    Have checked with CP today and understand that the SEL18200 is under promotion and is priced at SGD999.00. As for SEL18200LE, they still haven received any information on the actual arrival.

    Basically, SONY @ IMM also quoted me SGD999.00 for SEL18200 and SEL18200LE @ SGD1199.00 (products launch date is still not confirmed).

  16. #16

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    pretty good deal. $999 brand new.

  17. #17

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    From the website, if i have that spare money i will go for SEL18200LE Instead, what ... lighter is better and prefer in black color than the solid silver (omg i'm racist!) but i'm worry the Min focus =/ wait for review

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    Got mine from MS Color yesterday at $980.00 (inc. GST). Honestly, it a heavy and bulky len.
    Sony NEX-5ND + SEL16F28 / SEL30M35 / SEL50F18 / SEL1855 / SEL18200 + HVL-F20S

  19. #19

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    Quote Originally Posted by hengkg View Post
    Got mine from MS Color yesterday at $980.00 (inc. GST). Honestly, it a heavy and bulky len.
    18200 or 18200LE

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: WHICH LENS SHOULD I BUY?? SEL18200 vs SEL18200LR

    18200
    Sony NEX-5ND + SEL16F28 / SEL30M35 / SEL50F18 / SEL1855 / SEL18200 + HVL-F20S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •