Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just wondering ... whats the best dslr system for beginner with low budget ...

Quote Originally Posted by Expiredyoghurt
    thanks for all the feed back ... and personally ... i think learning on a digital cam ... is fine .. as long as

1)it has enough manual functions
    2)the person WANTS to learn
    3)it has enough optical zoom and the person WANTS to learn framing properly ...
    If you really wants to learn framing, then stop using a zoom lens. Use a fixed lens and I am use that you will able to learn more..rather than to zoom in zoom out...

Quote Originally Posted by Expiredyoghurt
    thanks for all the feed back ... and personally ... i think learning on a digital cam ... is fine .. as long as

1)it has enough manual functions
    2)the person WANTS to learn
    3)it has enough optical zoom and the person WANTS to learn framing properly ...
    Get a secondhand Canon EOS 30D with a 50mm lens.

If you really want to learn framing properly, start with a natural born zoom... aka your legs. Optical zooms should come later and you can still keep your 50mm lens for your next time usage. Who knows, you may end up like some really professional professional who uses only prime lenses and nothing less ;D.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    If you really wants to learn framing, then stop using a zoom lens. Use a fixed lens and I am use that you will able to learn more..rather than to zoom in zoom out...

well ... if u're taking birds ... good zoom is a necessity ... still life framing ... yeah don't need zoom ...

In my opinion, zooms also can learn framing... For me, I will usually preset a focal length. For example, I will set focal length to 18mm for city/landscape and move around to get my framing right. Maybe because I cannot afford prime lenses at the moment....

That's true... people these days are more attracted to high end prosumer SLR and dSLR, forgetting the fundamentals of photography and the laws of composition. It is about shoot shoot shoot, and i guess only those who have used manual SLR, will learn it a better way. Still holding onto my FM which is simply a classic.
    depends on how you look at it. learning things the hardware rather than the instant feedback of digital seems to me like getting things done using fingers rather than a spreadsheet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123