Default Re: lens to bring for honeymoon

If small budget, no choice but to go for a heavy tripod

Cheap and heavy(but steady) is better than cheap and flimsy

Quote Originally Posted by nedy77 View Post
    If small budget, no choice but to go for a heavy tripod

Cheap and heavy(but steady) is better than cheap and flimsy
    and what tripod will that be bro?

Ermmm.. take a walk around funan. have a budget in mind and if can fit then buy.

like I said, good brands are manfrotto, Sirui. Some like Benro. You can try. Your setup likely not go above 3kg so get a basic one will do.

Sirui got a few decent ones. Tkfoto has a few good stuff. John316 too. Tk on second floor. John on 5th.
    My Gear : Me, Myself and Joshua
    http://www.newbietophotography.com

you going honeymoon at new zealand ar?? so sweet... u shud use the tripod at audi store room

for UWA, try canon 10-22mm instead of tokiba 11-16mm. The 2.8 of tokina is not useful for landscape photography. For tripod, there are some quite cheap ones from fotopro.

yes, if strictly daylight landscape, then f2.8 is not useful, because normally shoot at f8 or more

u r on a HONEYMOON.

go light.

the 17-50 should b useful for most situation

try to get a small n light tripod.

ur sponse should b gettin ur attention, not ur cam gears,

dun spoilt the mood....
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

Is this a joke or what.You should know what to bring for your trip.

I just return from Korea holiday recently. I took along 18-200 for general and 10-22 for width angle and night screen shot. Generally, it cover from width to tele lens.

Honeymoon! Better focus on wife so go light on equipment. Take landscape and more importantly shoot many photos of her. Perhaps bring a simple camera so that you can ask others to take photos of two of you. Congrats!

I went Switzerland for my honeymoon recently, hope this helps.
    I brought my tokina 1116, tamron1750 and a 50 f1.8. Most utilized are the first 2 mentioned.Initially I regretted not bringing my 18200, but I realised that I have only missed out that few percent of my total shots, which I could also do some cropping to achieve the same effect so the 0.5kg saved on the lens can be used to get more souvenir. Agree with some that u will be shooting urselves n landscapes most of the time so most likely wun need the Tele part.

If u r going to or v near to the mountains, the uwa will be v useful to capture the whole landscape. At open fields n top of mountains where the winds r so strong that your wife may not like to wait to set up the tripod, the uwa is useful for self portraits of both together. U shld be going in summer in 6mths time so this is unlikely to happen. Will be good to have a cpl filter to bring out the beautiful colours of the nature! If u r far from the mountains, the uwa may shrink ur mountain which the 1750 is more suitable in this case.

In cities or towns where there r tall buildings n lack of space to move backwards, the uwa is extremely useful. It will be advantageous to know how to compose with urselves in the uwa pics avoid faces distorted by the tokina. I see lots of distortion at every FL.

Depends on what u expect to shoot, ur budget and ur luggage space, but most importantly, enjoy great the time together.

So if u want to spend least for most effects, uwa + 50mm.
    1 lens with sufficiently good convenience for landscape n portrait, good lowlight n bokeh, 1750.
    1 lens with greatest convenience but compromise on image quality, 18200.

In my opinion, the tamron 17-50 f2.8 will be enough, plus a tripod.

Better to travel light and not having to worry about changing lenses every now and then

imho and in retrospect, I probably would have brought a small m4/3 cam at most, with 1 or 2 lens, or even a point and shoot cam for that matter (depending on where I'm going to), instead of lugging around 3 lens or more with a DSLR (or 2). The honeymoon should be about the 2 of you. The breath taking travel pics can always wait.

Hello Bro,
    congrates.
    Seriously you should focus on your wife and the 2 of you. Its your honeymoon.
    Enjoy this time.
    Yeah, as some mentioned already, bring a compact camera.
    Get people to take pictures of the 2 of you.
    Save the taking of better pictures for another time.
    Cheers.

Deleted
    Last edited by automold; 13th July 2012 at 10:42 AM.

That's where I had my honeymoon too! But that was more than 12 years ago.

Depending on where are you going in New Zealand, I believe most of the places are outdoor and scenic. You should be able to do stitching of a few photos for panoramic shoots (scenery) and thus don't need an UWA. You may need the UWA for architecture and its indoor though.

Personally, I have a tokina 1116 but I had never brought it during my holidays and I never miss it. If I were you, I will either take 18-200 (for convenience) or 17-55 (for better optics). I usually carry these 2 lenses for my overseas holidays and they met most, if not all, of my needs. Remember to bring a few more storage cards. Have fun!
    Nothing great in this world has ever been accomplished without passion
    ~ Hegel (1770 1831)

hello peopl! thank you so much for all your opinions, many of which are very very useful. but after long deliberation and thinking with my fiance, we have decided to bring along with my 550d with grip tamron 17-50mm with CPL for our walkabout lens, 50mm 1.8 for portrait and samyang 8mm fisheye for wide angle plus my fiance really loves the fisheye effect!

just got a incase dslr sling pack which is super awesome to lug my equipment around!

Quote Originally Posted by haikalguntor
    hello peopl! thank you so much for all your opinions, many of which are very very useful. but after long deliberation and thinking with my fiance, we have decided to bring along with my 550d with grip tamron 17-50mm with CPL for our walkabout lens, 50mm 1.8 for portrait and samyang 8mm fisheye for wide angle plus my fiance really loves the fisheye effect!

just got a incase dslr sling pack which is super awesome to lug my equipment around!
    Thanks. Have a good trip.
    My Gear : Me, Myself and Joshua
    http://www.newbietophotography.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123