Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lens to bring for honeymoon

Default Re: lens to bring for honeymoon

i just checked they do have the canon 10-22mm at the same rate as the tokina.yay!

great news. go for it bro.

if you need to take landscapes, then should bring tripod. If you need to take your wife and yourself, depends on yourself then. I'm bringing my tripod for both my wife and landscapes.

Will not trust anyone to take couple shots except myself. Will also take the s95 to take self couple shots too for those times where tripod is a hassle.

enjoy your trip man.

Bro, to me uwa is useless in Sg, cos not much places to take nice landscape shots. Except the usual Mbs view which everyone takes. So no value for money.

I went Europe and Aus with a 17-35 on cropped body, coupled with a 28-75. I used 17-35 more than 70% of the time, which is enough for me. Any wider would catch passers-by in the shots. 28-75 mainly to take portraits shots when people watching. I would think a uwa is better for taking indoor archi or wide landscape of mountains in NZ.

Since you are renting, why not check out 10-22 and 24-70? Leave 24-70 as your walk around. If find you not satisfied with landscape with 24 u for a choice switch to 10-22.

U travel group or f&e?

Well Rus, to each his own ... Personally, I find singapore has beautiful landscapes as well. We just have to see it very differently. We have lots of natural landscapes as well as urban landscapes. It's a huge challenge to get them all. so personally, I beg to differ.

But then again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

My Gear : Me, Myself and Joshua
    http://www.newbietophotography.com

If i will u, i will take my 8,12,25,45mm and a OM 300mm for travel, weight of all this equal to one dslr .. but im not u so i suggest u bring ur 50mm and 17-50 will do,17 to 35mm for landscape depend on hopw tight u want, 35 to 50mm can be shooting anything from street to protrait .. need more distance? put to 50 mm and walk a few steps forward or backward ..
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

Crysmeth, of course, like I said, I find lack of landscape in Sg, and that's my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by rus2210 View Post
    Bro, to me uwa is useless in Sg, cos not much places to take nice landscape shots. Except the usual Mbs view which everyone takes. So no value for money.

I went Europe and Aus with a 17-35 on cropped body, coupled with a 28-75. I used 17-35 more than 70% of the time, which is enough for me. Any wider would catch passers-by in the shots. 28-75 mainly to take portraits shots when people watching. I would think a uwa is better for taking indoor archi or wide landscape of mountains in NZ.

Since you are renting, why not check out 10-22 and 24-70? Leave 24-70 as your walk around. If find you not satisfied with landscape with 24 u for a choice switch to 10-22.

U travel group or f&e?

hi rus2210

ill be travelling free and easy. no group at all except for my trip to milford sound where i will be on a coach. between the 10-22 and the tokina 11-16 mm which one would you recommend? just now i went to SLRR the guy there recommended me the tokina along with the canon 15-85. personally i feel the 11-16mm has better IQ and shoots better in low light but the 10-22 gives me that extra reach so it gives me that higher chance of not needing to change lens that often, you understand where im coming from?hahaha.
    Last edited by haikalguntor; 5th July 2012 at 12:13 AM.

thanks everyone for your unselfish, very useful advice.

after discussing with my fiance, we are left with one important question. do you think we need to rent a lens like 18-200 or 18-135?

we came to a conclusion that we will do more of landscape shots with our UWA.

how useful can those lens be_18-135/200)? like in what situations. i really cant think of any other than zooming in to someone from far. hahahaha.

so its between that two lens or a 15-85mm lens. the 24-70mm is a bit out of my budget

at least with the 15-85mm i can still shoot wide angle and shoot something which is slightly further away and will only switch to the 11-16 for more dramatic shots of the landscape etc.

oh oh. another question. i only have the tripod that came along with the camera. is it sufficient enough for my trip? trying to cut cost so hoping i dont have to buy a tripod.haha. i dont see myself using it often any way when im back in sg.

Personally I will go with the 15-85 and 11-16

The 11-16 is a very good lens with f2.8

You might get better reach with 10-22, but you can always shoot at 16mm and crop the photo

Quote Originally Posted by haikalguntor View Post
    oh oh. another question. i only have the tripod that came along with the camera. is it sufficient enough for my trip? trying to cut cost so hoping i dont have to buy a tripod.haha. i dont see myself using it often any way when im back in sg.
    It might not be steady enough and wind at other country can be stronger than what we experiences here.. But..like you said..dont use often..then better dont buy.. dont waste money..

10-22 vs 11-16, i would choose the tokina for the reason it's f2.8. When stop down IQ should be better. and gives me flexibility to shoot indoor.

i would recommend the 24-70 f2.8 if you want to get 10-22, and leave on 24-70 majority of time.

But since budget is a concern, i would go get tokina 11-16 with tamron 17-50 f2.8. f2.8 gives bokeh + shooting indoor without flash.
    Anything more than f3.5 indoor you will get noise when bump up iso.

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    It might not be steady enough and wind at other country can be stronger than what we experiences here.. But..like you said..dont use often..then better dont buy.. dont waste money..

oh okay! anyways any advice on a cheap bag(yet reliable) which can hold my kit with tripod?

What tripod came with the camera? Steinheizer brand? Mount your camera and make sure its steady. If it is and you feel steady then OK. Remember to mount it only after you got your lens.

Quote Originally Posted by crysmeth View Post
    What tripod came with the camera? Steinheizer brand? Mount your camera and make sure its steady. If it is and you feel steady then OK. Remember to mount it only after you got your lens.
    yeah its the steinzeiser tripod.it should be good enough right?

Quote Originally Posted by haikalguntor

yeah its the steinzeiser tripod.it should be good enough right?
    i doubt its stable.

Errrrrrr...... throw it away la. Maybe can support your point to shoot camera. Rather not bring then bring that.

You don't wanna risk your almost 1k setup on that.

Quote Originally Posted by crysmeth View Post
    Errrrrrr...... throw it away la. Maybe can support your point to shoot camera. Rather not bring then bring that.

You don't wanna risk your almost 1k setup on that.
    then what tripod to buy with such a small budget? hahaha

can recommend me one? maybe i go find second hand or something.

Cheap is heavy, expensive is light. so depends on your budget ....

2nd hand is good too... I'll recommend a carbon fibre.. don't forget, tripod is tripod.. then still got ballhead leh ?

Budget maybe 200 - 300 plus ba, for a 2nd hand one. Check around. I'm not sure about it as I don't normally check.

Manfrotto, Sirui, are some brands you can consider.

Quote Originally Posted by haikalguntor View Post
    then what tripod to buy with such a small budget? hahaha

can recommend me one? maybe i go find second hand or something.
    get an aluminium sirui tripod, within $200 can get. dun scrimp on this. cos your $1k worth of camera equipment is at stake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast