Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gardens by the Bay and tripods

Quote Originally Posted by donut88
    Bring tripod for what???
    To whack rude people like you on the head

Default Re: Gardens by the Bay and tripods

Quote Originally Posted by NoBob View Post
    Hi,

Anyone used a tripod in the Cloud Forest and Flower Dome glasshouses? Any restrictions?

Thanks.
    Well, I did saw a small number of peoples using it during my visit on last Sat and Mon...(...went twice to both the Cloud Forest and Flower Dome glasshouses, bcos Sat was sooo very packed and even Mon was just merely not-so-packed only...still considered as quite packed...!!!!!)

Thus, I suppose it's up to individual to decide whether or not to bring a curry-pok...ohhhbcos NO-Eating while inside...hehee..., I mean...tripod, weekdays would be better if wannna use tripod.

Usually my thought on 'bringing tripod' there would be for long-exposure-shot/s &/or Night-shot/s...yah...self &/or group-shots too perhaps...hehee...!!
    Last edited by blueskye168; 6th July 2012 at 08:30 AM.
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Bring tripod for what???
    Well...hmmm, for my two-times visits I did bring a curry-pok/puff but didn't bring any form of 'tripod/support' as there certainly will be so crowded and just in case ppl kick onto one's tripod (...who knows right, two-leg spoilt...and becomes Mono-pod...hehee...)

Like I mentioned in the above post that mostly would be for long exposure shots and self/group shots...
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Seen many brought tripods to use when i went there last week..Just bring lor. if someone say cannot..just dun deploy lor.

Okay, here's an update. Tripod is not issue for both conservatories. I've done it for both.

I haven't seen anybody try using a tripod on OCBC skywalk. The 2 circular platforms around the supertrees at both ends are relatively stable as they are supported, though you can feel the vibrations as people walk pass. The "bridge" itself is suspended on cables and I divided it into 3 sections - only the center section (right between the 2 ends) is wide enough for tripod but unfortunately this is the most unstable portion. It is very susceptible to vibrations and slight swaying. The other 2 sections (between the center section and the supertrees) are too narrow and is vibration prone. Totally not practical for tripod use as it is only about 1m across and you have visitors tromping pass.

Any form of long exposures will be challenging simply due to the vibrations/swaying. You need a lack of human movement and minimal wind on the top of the usual requirements - good lighting, composition, etc.

There is a rules and regulations sign at the OCBC Skywalk ticket counter saying that camera tripods (along with other bulky items) are not allowed to be brought up and need to be kept in the lockers. I didn't go up, nor did I ask the man at the counter. Whether they enforce the rule, idk. My guess is that they will be strict on the rule given the passageway constraints up there.

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    There is a rules and regulations sign at the OCBC Skywalk ticket counter saying that camera tripods (along with other bulky items) are not allowed to be brought up and need to be kept in the lockers. I didn't go up, nor did I ask the man at the counter. Whether they enforce the rule, idk. My guess is that they will be strict on the rule given the passageway constraints up there.
    Interesting... I carried my tripod in and nobody said anything. Not sure about actually deploying it up there. Wonder if the staff is aware consider that it's not written on the website and nothing is mentioned on the big sign they have up there with almost a dozen NOs-NOs. Then again, so far haven't seen anything up there that gives me the urge to pull out my tripod...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12