Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loctite your camera plate

West of Singapore

Default Re: Loctite your camera plate

If you really want to try...use the blue or purple, avoid the green and red!
    K-5IIs, DAL18-55, DFA50, DFA100, DA*60-250, 540FGZ II, 160FC

rainy Singapore

TS, what if u get a tripod plate that is specifically shaped for your camera?
    That should resist twisting much better...

Side note: the purple Loctite is fairly easy to remove with slightly more torque than usual. It doesn't seem to bond too well with stainless steel, hence limited effect.
    Exploring! :)

Punggol, Singapore

I use a custom plate for my D300 (without battery grip), and only time take it out is sending camera for servicing, it won't rotate since it is fit nicely and I don't have re-tighten it from time to time,

I also use a custom L-bracket for my D700 (with battery grip), it is not cheap, but you won't want to use any other things or take it out after you have try it.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot | iStock portfolio

Thanks for the good advice guys. Yes in fact i am waiting for my custom kirk plate to arrive. I admit i myself have not heard of camera plates coming loose when using black rapid but i guess i was a bit paranoid moving forward i will just have to be more vigilant on the plate itself and i will save my loctite blue for my other more permanent application

How about tightening the plates after and before every shoot you do or any chance you have during? Costs you nothing except for a few seconds.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12