Thread: What's it all about?

Default What's it all about?

Hi all, a quick question to regulars, I noticed in my webstats that my site, has received quite a few hits in the last few days from this board. So I came to find out what it was all about, but I can't find the thread, this is such a busy board.

Can anyone point me to the right thread?

Yes.. But u have to get rid of ur tan line first..

Tan lines are no no on portraits.. tsk tsk..

Correction:

I am allergic to hairy asses beneath tan lines.

They make me sneeze.

p/s: Don't worry.. It's not another case of the "If you're at a group photo session and you can't get a good position, wait until you can get round to the front."

Would have been just fine to say..."Come see my website which you might find interesting and join in the fun". I don't see how if anyone of us were to visit your site would produce a hit in your web counter unless you are employing some kind of tracking cookie to indicate we jumped from ClubSnap to your site. :P

Blog Entries

Please note TOS#8 here - http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=63954 - which expressly states that "This rules also covers webmasters/administrators/members of other websites seeking to promote themselves on this forum without benefit to this forum - Do not use the ClubSNAP forums to promote other forums or web sites in which you have a stake. We will remove messages that serve mostly or exclusively to drive forum members to external forums or web sites.".

Welcome to ClubSNAP, but do not abuse your welcome by explicitly flouting our rules.

Quote Originally Posted by VampTreSS
    Correction:

I am allergic to hairy asses beneath tan lines.

They make me sneeze.

p/s: Don't worry.. It's not another case of the "If you're at a group photo session and you can't get a good position, wait until you can get round to the front."

You have twice misplaced your message into the wrong thread.....it would seem.

Maybe cause someone hotlinked his images. I get some too from Clubsnap/HWZ when I post images.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    You have twice misplaced your message into the wrong thread.....it would seem.
    ???

It is talking to geoff.. No?

If not here then?

*scratch head*

it means that someone deeplink an image from geoff's site from here, thus leading traffic charges there from his host.

perhaps geoff might want to find out some mechanism to disable deeplinking then.

Thank you loupgarou for defending me. That is obviously what has happened, although it appears to be a link to a page rather than just a photo.

I understand the cynicism of those who think that I just wanted to plug my website, but actually it was just genuine curiosity to find out what, if anything people were saying about me.

So I think the rebuke from admin was a bit strong for someone who was making their first post in your forum.

Sammy 888, if you don't know how backlinks work then maybe you ought to find out before sounding off!

hey geoff, it doesnt matter. Very informative site, the descriptions for the photos your gallery are very comprehensive.. i learnt quite a lot.. especially quorom and beer_can. Keep it up man..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by geofflaw
    So I think the rebuke from admin was a bit strong for someone who was making their first post in your forum.
    Hi Geoff,

My apologies for sounding a wee bit gruff, but we have had several instances of members coming in and posting such links in the last couple of days. Thanks for your understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by geofflaw
    Thank you loupgarou for defending me. That is obviously what has happened, although it appears to be a link to a page rather than just a photo.

I understand the cynicism of those who think that I just wanted to plug my website, but actually it was just genuine curiosity to find out what, if anything people were saying about me.

Sammy 888, if you don't know how backlinks work then maybe you ought to find out before sounding off!
    I am a eternal skeptic I have to admit. I still am. I make no bone about it. Loupgarou was graceous enough to mediate..so let leave it at that.

Hi Darren,

Can i put links to my blog and personal homepage on the signature?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by macfreak
    Hi Darren,

Can i put links to my blog and personal homepage on the signature?
    Yes you can. We do not mind members putting their homepages and blog links in the signatures.

Ok Thanks!!

OK guys thanks for the good vibes. By the way, if anyone stumbles on an answer to my original question be sure to let me know won't you.

Vamptress, I hope you are a woman, you can never tell on these boards, I take it that if the hairy ass has a tan then that's OK is it?

Incidentally it really isn't me in the photo, I was taking the picture with another camera.

geofflaw, welcome to clubsnap!

I think I was one of those who stumbled onto your site from clubsnap, but I can't remember which post that directed. Some tracking cookies can go to the extent of listing the exact URL, perhaps you'd like to try that?

your logs should indicate referer page.

No, I've tried that but the links is only to

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php

with no thread number. Cheap stats package. It's quite frustrating I had a similar thing on dpreviews.com a while ago and I couldn't find that thread either.