Thread: Good slideshow software for Mac?

Default Good slideshow software for Mac?

Every since I switched to Mac, I've not considered using any slideshow program. But now I need to!

For those seasoned Mac users, do you have any good 3rd party ones (paid or free) to recommend that can do slides of hi-res images with music on TV? Seems like a handful of such programs are for Windows OS.

Or is iDVD from Mac sufficiently good already?

I did a search here and it seems there's little discussion on slideshows for Mac users. There's an old post by a user recommending DVD Pictureshow from Ulead though. Not sure how good it is...

Thanks for any feedback!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andreq
    Every since I switched to Mac, I've not considered using any slideshow program. But now I need to!

For those seasoned Mac users, do you have any good 3rd party ones (paid or free) to recommend that can do slides of hi-res images with music on TV? Seems like a handful of such programs are for Windows OS.

I did a search here and it seems there's little discussion on slideshows for Mac users. There's an old post by a user recommending DVD Pictureshow from Ulead though. Not sure how good it is...

Thanks for any feedback!
    Why don't use the Keynote software that came with your mac? Or you can use imovie...

Default Re: Good slideshow software for Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Why don't use the Keynote software that came with your mac? Or you can use imovie...
    Thanks will fiddle with it.

Apologies. I'm "suaku" as a recent Mac convert! Cos when I was on Win PC, I was using 3rd party which I'm most familiar with, but unfortunately, it won't work with Mac.

Good luck getting iDVD. The software's been dropped with the past few OS updates.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

iphoto....

Easiest way will be iPhoto!

I use iMovie a lot. It's really useful, cause you can add captions that you want etc. iDVD is useful as well though I think in this case iMovie is more user friendly. Is your goal a video file containing the images, or are u just plugging in ur Mac to your TV to show? Either way, iMovie works too cause you can 'preview' the vid before you export which u can do while the Mac is connected to the TV

I uses Imovie alot and like it. another apps I use is "Aperture", but I find it harder to control or navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreq View Post

Thanks for any feedback!
    This was my favorite for a long time PulpMotion - Create amazing slideshows

They also have another product called kids motion.
    [Nikon-D7000|Manfrotto 055XPROB, Gitzo 275 BH| Nikon-AF 50 f1.4D| Nikon-SB600]

Quote Originally Posted by Andreq View Post

Thanks for any feedback!
    I am using DVD Photo Slideshow for Mac. It works like a charm!