Thread: Is Pro shop good to get Hassy and lenses??

Default Is Pro shop good to get Hassy and lenses??

Yesterday went to the Pro shop in Plaza Singapura with my wife. Really tempted to get a Hassy 503CW and a 80mm f2.8 lens.
    Is Pro shop a good shop to purchase Hassy? Are they selling it really expensive??
    Pls advice..thanks!

If you want a good bargain Ebay have plenty of hassy stuffs at low price but they are used item. So you have to know what you are getting. For example there 4 four versions of Hassy 500CM. Then 503 have CX, CW and CXi. In ebay you can get a used hassy 50mm F4 for US$1k where singapore second one will cost you S$2.3K

Quote Originally Posted by singscott
    If you want a good bargain Ebay have plenty of hassy stuffs at low price but they are used item. So you have to know what you are getting. For example there 4 four versions of Hassy 500CM. Then 503 have CX, CW and CXi. In ebay you can get a used hassy 50mm F4 for US$1k where singapore second one will cost you S$2.3K
    Thanks for the advice!

Haasel lens is a complicated mechanical lens that are not suvericable by anyone coz the shutter and aperture in build inside the lens,not in the camra body,and fixing the lens cost quite a lot the ,a good pro shop will provide with you the experty.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Yesterday went to the Pro shop in Plaza Singapura with my wife. Really tempted to get a Hassy 503CW and a 80mm f2.8 lens.
    Is Pro shop a good shop to purchase Hassy? Are they selling it really expensive??
    Pls advice..thanks!
    Pro Photo is owned by Shirio Singapore which is the distributor of Hassel. Infacat, Shiriro bought over the Hassel and a digital back manufaturer in Europe.

Ask for Helen (formerly from RGB)

Quote Originally Posted by sabahan
    Haasel lens is a complicated mechanical lens that are not suvericable by anyone coz the shutter and aperture in build inside the lens,not in the camra body,and fixing the lens cost quite a lot the ,a good pro shop will provide with you the experty.
    Yeah, I had heard of that too! Thanks!

thought the prices was very good at the shop? at least during the opening promotion.

Buying hassel in Singapore now is cheaper in Prophoto located in 4th flooor of plaza Singapura,its run by hassel themself.

got a good deal on the Xpan during promo price,cheaper by ard S$1100 compared to cathay.

even normal price is $4-500 cheaper than cathay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-New
    Pro Photo is owned by Shirio Singapore which is the distributor of Hassel. Infacat, Shiriro bought over the Hassel and a digital back manufaturer in Europe.

Ask for Helen (formerly from RGB)
    Ai Yo People please dun fake thing like that. I happen to know both Helen and they are not the same person. The Helen in Shiro have been there like before RGB even come to singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by sabahan
    Ya they are. In fact I have a hassy 500cm which they have give up hope after I drop it. They claim the body crack can't repair. Guess what a local camera repair shop fix it up I am happy using it for a few years before some aussie brought from me

Quote Originally Posted by singscott
    Ai Yo People please dun fake thing like that. I happen to know both Helen and they are not the same person. The Helen in Shiro have been there like before RGB even come to singapore.
    no.. he meant that helen from RGB went over to shriro.
    sigh.

Oh is it then it will interesting to meet both helen in shiro. Sorry for the confusion It a been some sometime I been to pro shop and shiro.