Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83

Thread: Another Scandal

  1. #41

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Singapore can overtake Nigeria soon

    Charity, hospital, NKF, church, MLM,

  2. #42

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Singapore can overtake Nigeria soon

    Charity, hospital, NKF, church, MLM,
    must you include a Religion into all this? are you looking to stir up trouble by saying Christianity is a scam?

    or that Charities are all not to be trusted?

    you better watch what you say. you can have your opinions on the political and economical climate, but keep your slanderous tongue to yourself when it comes to religion.

  3. #43
    Member milez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    437

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    somebody forgot about the venerable Ming Yi....

    human greed knows no racial or religious boundaries,..

  4. #44
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by milez View Post
    somebody forgot about the venerable Ming Yi....

    human greed knows no racial or religious boundaries,..
    Ming Yi? The Shaolin Master?


  5. #45

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Ming Yi? The Shaolin Master?

    i'm trying hard to keep a straight face in the meeting i'm in now.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    must you include a Religion into all this? are you looking to stir up trouble by saying Christianity is a scam?

    or that Charities are all not to be trusted?

    you better watch what you say. you can have your opinions on the political and economical climate, but keep your slanderous tongue to yourself when it comes to religion.
    Well I'm not merely saying in this case. It is all facts. The verdict is all on the table for you to read. My post didnt specifically pointed to religion and I wouldn't be cos i will be violatin the forum rules. Well how many more example will ppl wake up to the facts that many money driven people are abusing the system of health care charity mlm hospice religion . Well we can wait till the verdict is out for this CHC. Few years ago there were already rumour about the CHC. Well since CHC is church so in evidently is linked to religion. I not slandering as it is a facts now

    I didnt specifically say Christianity is a scam. It is now a facts that CHC a church IS USING and misapproriating funds. They will be charged. It is indirectly related to religion. Likewise for Ming Yi who wore a robe. And Father kang who misapproriating 5million dollar. It is all facts. And was I slandering

  7. #47

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    So you're saying that you did not specifically mention one religion. you did state "CHURCH" only, while all the other options (except NKF) were organizations in-general.

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Well I'm not merely saying in this case. It is all facts. The verdict is all on the table for you to read. My post didnt specifically pointed to religion and I wouldn't be cos i will be violatin the forum rules. Well how many more example will ppl wake up to the facts that many money driven people are abusing the system of health care charity mlm hospice religion . Well we can wait till the verdict is out for this CHC. Few years ago there were already rumour about the CHC. Well since CHC is church so in evidently is linked to religion. I not slandering as it is a facts now

    I didnt specifically say Christianity is a scam. It is now a facts that CHC a church IS USING and misapproriating funds. They will be charged. It is indirectly related to religion. Likewise for Ming Yi who wore a robe. And Father kang who misapproriating 5million dollar. It is all facts. And was I slandering
    and this is your original post:

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Singapore can overtake Nigeria soon

    Charity, hospital, NKF, church, MLM,

  8. #48

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    The funny thing is......

    his wife got away scot-free.. not bad huh..

  9. #49

    Default

    What's the occupation of this Kong Hee by day? Or is running CHC his only job?

    I always have the impression that any religious leaders should have a humble lifestyle. Does not seems the case for this man. Frankly, he have put a bad name to people who tries hard to spread his faith. It will now be an even tougher task.
    "Time is often the best editor" - Alex Webb

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori
    The funny thing is......

    his wife got away scot-free.. not bad huh..
    "I not involved hor...I sing and sell cd to people only....I rich because I top the selling chart when many of my CHC members bought my CDs to give to their family and friends. I only ask them to buy 1 but they volunteer to buy by cartons..."
    "Time is often the best editor" - Alex Webb

  11. #51

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    must you include a Religion into all this? are you looking to stir up trouble by saying Christianity is a scam?

    or that Charities are all not to be trusted?

    you better watch what you say. you can have your opinions on the political and economical climate, but keep your slanderous tongue to yourself when it comes to religion.
    Ha Ha, agree we must be careful with what we say. Actually our thread here is already very tame. I think other forums are much more funny, hilarious and disrespectful. Anyway don't be too offended.

    dreaming does have a valid point that our squeaky clean Singapore is another Nigeria in the making. BTW Nigeria was once polled as the happiest country so its like heaven on earth.

  12. #52
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by milez View Post
    somebody forgot about the venerable Ming Yi....

    human greed knows no racial or religious boundaries,..
    Agreed. That the pervasiveness of greed and self-interest should not be confused with religion.

  13. #53

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfton View Post
    What's the occupation of this Kong Hee by day? Or is running CHC his only job?

    I always have the impression that any religious leaders should have a humble lifestyle. Does not seems the case for this man. Frankly, he have put a bad name to people who tries hard to spread his faith. It will now be an even tougher task.
    I agree.. he should be modeling Paul who made his living as a tent-maker... not claiming the right to tithes..

  14. #54
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Nice name they lived up to....... they literally harvested from the city.....

  15. #55

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Reading the news reports, it seems like most of the congregation members are still very supportive of their pastor and they do not mind even if their tithe is being used to further the career of Sun Ho via the "Crossover Project."

    BTW, the Crossover Project is intended to "use Sun Ho's secular music to connect with people and reach out to non-Christians," which I assume is to convert them into CHC Christians.

    Let me know if you feel connected or converted after watching this:



    Why can't the government recognize it as a valid expenditure to reach out to non-Christians?

  16. #56
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Let me know if you feel connected or converted after watching this:


    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
    Last edited by Sion; 27th June 2012 at 01:27 PM.

  17. #57

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Reading the news reports, it seems like most of the congregation members are still very supportive of their pastor and they do not mind even if their tithe is being used to further the career of Sun Ho via the "Crossover Project."

    BTW, the Crossover Project is intended to "use Sun Ho's secular music to connect with people and reach out to non-Christians," which I assume is to convert them into CHC Christians.

    Let me know if you feel connected or converted after watching this:

    Why can't the government recognize it as a valid expenditure to reach out to non-Christians?
    because the way it was done, is against the law. they tried to cover up their tracks, and that suggests something not legal.

    also... i don't think it's right to tie Secular with Religion. they're two separate matters altogether.

  18. #58

  19. #59
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Ha Ha, agree we must be careful with what we say. Actually our thread here is already very tame. I think other forums are much more funny, hilarious and disrespectful. Anyway don't be too offended.

    dreaming does have a valid point that our squeaky clean Singapore is another Nigeria in the making. BTW Nigeria was once polled as the happiest country so its like heaven on earth.


    Which part ??

    Nigeria Scam is famous for cheating overseas people of their $$$... are you saying that all the above example, foreigners are mainly the target ??

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  20. #60

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Reading the news reports, it seems like most of the congregation members are still very supportive of their pastor and they do not mind even if their tithe is being used to further the career of Sun Ho via the "Crossover Project."

    BTW, the Crossover Project is intended to "use Sun Ho's secular music to connect with people and reach out to non-Christians," which I assume is to convert them into CHC Christians.

    Let me know if you feel connected or converted after watching this:



    Why can't the government recognize it as a valid expenditure to reach out to non-Christians?
    I can see many others of the same faith (but who are not from CHC) shaking their heads.....

    Poor poor excuse in the usage of the money.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •