Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 83

Thread: Another Scandal

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    It is possible for the leader of a powerful religious group (can be any religion) to feel that he is above reproach and that whatever he does is justified because it is explained as directly or indirectly for the purpose of growing the religion. So no matter what the judge says, the leader of a powerful religious group will always insist that he did nothing wrong. He will say to his followers that this arrest is a test by God on their faith. He will even "forgive" the judge and government for moving against him.

    He may say to his followers that he is carrying out the will of God. Even if he is sent to jail, he will paint himself as persecuted.

    It is about mind control of the masses.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 26th June 2012 at 10:00 PM.

  2. #22
    Member JohnJon82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lavender
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    The more money u donate, the more blessing u will have
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

  3. #23

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, in their eagerness to get rich, have wandered away from the faith and caused themselves a lot of pain."

    This is the irony of life

    The religion that preach money is the root of all evil. The leaders are filthy rich. Does that means that they are super evil.
    "Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall."

    In PM lingo.. complacency

  4. #24

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJon82 View Post
    The more money u donate, the more blessing u will have
    This is so true, especially in trying times like this. Every dollar will be worth double the points in heaven.

  5. #25
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    It was reported by The New Paper in 2010 that Ho was renting a S$7.7 million estate in Hollywood Hills with her son, an assistant, a nanny, and her relatives.

    The 29,000 sq ft Mediterranean style building boasted four structures, including accommodation for a butler, nanny, and maid. It also had a swimming pool and space for 11 cars, the tabloid said.
    Who is Ho Yeow Sun? - Yahoo! News Singapore

    Video Missing

    Here's all the money goes. I doubt she earned from being a singer!

  6. #26

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    i dunno. but i'm very sure none of his business. we are a secular nation. any action taken against any religious leader, doesn't warrant a statement like this.
    it does. do you know how much more Anti-Christian/Anti-Islam/Anti-Judaism sentiments pop up more than any other religion in the world?

    Quote Originally Posted by acpical View Post
    The government always steps in to nip any religious connotations in the bud, whether you think it is warranted or not. Remember the previous cases where pastors criticised other religions.
    yes. precisely. religion can build or destroy a nation. the others should go read up on how Rome became Roman Catholic, and how the Caesars used religion to bond the masses together.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post

    The religion that preach money is the root of all evil. The leaders are filthy rich. Does that means that they are super evil.
    loving money doesn't equate to being evil

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    It is possible for the leader of a powerful religious group (can be any religion) to feel that he is above reproach and that whatever he does is justified because it is explained as directly or indirectly for the purpose of growing the religion. So no matter what the judge says, the leader of a powerful religious group will always insist that he did nothing wrong. He will say to his followers that this arrest is a test by God on their faith. He will even "forgive" the judge and government for moving against him.

    He may say to his followers that he is carrying out the will of God. Even if he is sent to jail, he will paint himself as persecuted.

    It is about mind control of the masses.
    No. it's not Mind Control. it's called Blind Faith.

    and like i mentioned earlier, i won't condemn him. but if he is guilty, and instead of admitting it asks for his congregation to pray for his pardon instead, or for him to escape punishment, i would say that he is not a true Christian. Instead, he would be abusing his role as a Pastor and Shepherd of his Flock to mislead his congregation into thinking it is right to commit crime/do evil deeds/anything bad and then seek forgiveness and/or escape from it all.

    What i learned is that one of many things that Christianity teaches is "because you are saved. don't commit crime because you're already forgiven". Christians should not be doing this. instead, Christians should do their utmost to live a righteous life, even though they might be tempted.

    but there are still those who will fall to temptation. if he is one of them, God definitely will ensure that he gets what he deserves, whether in this life or the next, and that is if he pretends to repent, or is unrepentant in his heart.

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    This is so true, especially in trying times like this. Every dollar will be worth double the points in heaven.
    that's not Christianity. stop spreading BS

  7. #27

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJon82 View Post
    The more money u donate, the more blessing u will have
    and you're wrong.

    damn. the mods should close this thread before everyone starts condemning Christians.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    and you're wrong.

    damn. the mods should close this thread before everyone starts condemning Christians.
    LoL.. I think thats the danger of religious leader spreading false teaching.. it gives the religion a bad name
    Prosperity theology has shown itself in every form of religion or spiritual faith.. including Christianity

  9. #29

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    LoL.. I think thats the danger of religious leader spreading false teaching.. it gives the religion a bad name
    Prosperity theology has shown itself in every form of religion or spiritual faith.. including Christianity
    precisely.. i don't believe for a moment that giving more money earns you a nice spot in the afterlife

  10. #30
    Member milez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    437

    Default

    The Bible says, "vengence is mine, i will repay".
    Those who are wrong and have sinned against men and God, will be punished by God.
    Who are we to judge?

    Those who are without sin, cast the first stone....
    E-M5 | O12-50 | O45/1.8 | P14/2.5 | O40-150 R | O17/1.8
    Metz 32CT7 | Flux Capacitor

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milez
    The Bible says, "vengence is mine, i will repay".
    Those who are wrong and have sinned against men and God, will be punished by God.
    Who are we to judge?

    Those who are without sin, cast the first stone....
    In the end times, there will be false prophets who come in the name of the Lord.

    Beware and be discerning.

    Always look at the private lifestyle of the preacher. What kind of family he has? Are his family members living in the way of Christ? How do they manage their money?

    If the prophet can't even make his family to live in the way of Christ, how can he be qualified to lead a congregation of people?

    The family life is a tell tale sign of a false prophet.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    In the end times, there will be false prophets who come in the name of the Lord.

    Beware and be discerning.

    Always look at the private lifestyle of the preacher. What kind of family he has? Are his family members living in the way of Christ? How do they manage their money?

    If the prophet can't even make his family to live in the way of Christ, how can he be qualified to lead a congregation of people?

    The family life is a tell tale sign of a false prophet.
    not true. read the book of Hosea. The Lord might have his reasons for doing so. do not condemn a good man just because of his family.

    if the Preacher is suffering, then he is still a good man within. but if he abets the un-Godly lifestyle of his family members, then his teachings and leadership are questionable

  13. #33
    Member milez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

    not true. read the book of Hosea. The Lord might have his reasons for doing so. do not condemn a good man just because of his family.

    if the Preacher is suffering, then he is still a good man within. but if he abets the un-Godly lifestyle of his family members, then his teachings and leadership are questionable
    20% tithe is heresy. Akin to 2 sabbath day in a week.
    Nuff said.
    But who am I to judge?
    Let the sinless cast the first stone ...
    E-M5 | O12-50 | O45/1.8 | P14/2.5 | O40-150 R | O17/1.8
    Metz 32CT7 | Flux Capacitor

  14. #34

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by milez View Post
    20% tithe is heresy. Akin to 2 sabbath day in a week.
    Nuff said.
    But who am I to judge?
    Let the sinless cast the first stone ...
    yup.... let's wait for the verdict. if he is guilty, then he has to face the music, not us.

  15. #35
    Member milez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

    yup.... let's wait for the verdict. if he is guilty, then he has to face the music, not us.
    Nevertheless, we might still meet him in heaven someday.
    But He will have to face God on judgement day.
    Its more scary to face God and try explain why , than to face men.
    Stealing from men is nothing compared to stealing from God. .....

    But, His mercies endureth forever.
    E-M5 | O12-50 | O45/1.8 | P14/2.5 | O40-150 R | O17/1.8
    Metz 32CT7 | Flux Capacitor

  16. #36

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by milez View Post
    Nevertheless, we might still meet him in heaven someday.
    But He will have to face God on judgement day.
    Its more scary to face God and try explain why , than to face men.
    Stealing from men is nothing compared to stealing from God. .....

    But, His mercies endureth forever.
    and His grace is given freely to us all. shown by the forgiveness of all by the blood on the cross

  17. #37
    Member JohnJon82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lavender
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    and you're wrong.

    damn. the mods should close this thread before everyone starts condemning Christians.
    I know I know Just saying something I read in news some followers sell their house to support the church etc, IIRC the article come out when they want to move to Suntec.

    This drama nicer to watch that Channel 8. Tomorrow will be charged at court right?
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

  18. #38

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJon82 View Post
    I know I know Just saying something I read in news some followers sell their house to support the church etc, IIRC the article come out when they want to move to Suntec.

    This drama nicer to watch that Channel 8. Tomorrow will be charged at court right?
    tomorrow is the verdict. he hasn't been charged.

    also.. i believe when Jesus said to sell all your belongings and follow Him, it was for those who followed him to spread His ministry... not for everyone to do so. because, there's always need for people with belongings to help keep everyone else going.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Kong Hee 發 财

  20. #40

    Default Re: Another Scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by milez View Post
    Nevertheless, we might still meet him in heaven someday.
    But He will have to face God on judgement day.
    Its more scary to face God and try explain why , than to face men.
    Stealing from men is nothing compared to stealing from God. .....

    But, His mercies endureth forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    and His grace is given freely to us all. shown by the forgiveness of all by the blood on the cross
    and we always say "judge"

    perhaps we've forgotten that the Grace of God is available for us all.

    and i saw this quote on facebook:

    The best of men are simply men at their best. It's little surprise when they fall. In fact, these are the best candidates for disproportionate grace.

    "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •