Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: sigma 50-500mm

  1. #1

    Default sigma 50-500mm

    hi......i was keen to buy sigma 50-500mm len but like to know more about this len. does anyone here own this len? how was the photo? how much is it selling now?
    thanx...........

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahboon
    hi......i was keen to buy sigma 50-500mm len but like to know more about this len. does anyone here own this len? how was the photo? how much is it selling now?
    thanx...........
    There are many in this forums use this wondeful lens . Do a search.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    somewhere below heaven
    Posts
    54

    Default Valued for money

    Valued for money.
    come with tripod collar.
    Focal length from 50-500 who can complain ...
    but damn heavy !!!

    Lookup photographyreview!!!

  4. #4

    Default

    thanx........does anyone own this len?
    can i take a look and try it.....
    thanx

  5. #5

    Default

    where you live and what mount? why don't you simply go to a shop and try it out?

    the sigma 50-500 has no complaints other than weight, so join a gym loh..

    in anycase, you can mitigate the weight issue by making sure all your other equipment are light 8) (like cf tripods and magnesium ballheads etc)..

  6. #6

    Default

    Just to share...... I checked with CP the other day and they said they have the 50-500 lens at their PP shop. I am interested in testing it out too, but just don't have the time yet.

    [They also have the Canon 400/2.8 lens there, while the 300/f2.8 lens is at their Marina shop.]

  7. #7
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    The weight is indeed a problem.. but it takes time to get used to it. If u can handheld a bigma, u can handheld any other lenses in the world liao...

    If nikon mount, u are most welcome to try mine.
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    The weight is indeed a problem.. but it takes time to get used to it. If u can handheld a bigma, u can handheld any other lenses in the world liao...

    If nikon mount, u are most welcome to try mine.

    thanx a lot icarus.....
    i using a nikon mount......can pm me your contact no and name?
    how u find the quality of the len? does it give gd colour?
    thanx

  9. #9
    Moderator Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahboon
    thanx a lot icarus.....
    i using a nikon mount......can pm me your contact no and name?
    how u find the quality of the len? does it give gd colour?
    thanx
    i need to point out that buying sigma lenses are sorta like a gamble.
    sometimes get good copy, sometimes get crap. remember to test thoroughly when buying.
    sigh.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore / Japan / China
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahboon
    hi......i was keen to buy sigma 50-500mm len but like to know more about this len. does anyone here own this len? how was the photo? how much is it selling now?
    thanx...........
    the sigma 50-500 can produce pretty sharp images. the range is good. the downside is the weight.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •