Thread: Any idea where i can get my lenses and hoods gaffered within a day?

Default Any idea where i can get my lenses and hoods gaffered within a day?

Thanks for your help!

Default Re: Any idea where i can get my lenses and hoods gaffered within a day?

Why not DIY?
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

I checked with Red Dot Photo. They do sell the tape but im not sure how to gaffer till nice nice cover the hood all that. Im more concerned with my lenses actually. The labels are peeling.

Gaffing equipments don't really make any difference unless you have sweaty hands

And in our climate, the stickiness somehow remains on your equipment after you remove the gaffer, no matter how much the gaffer tape claims that it will not ...

hot chocolate, update here if u found the place to gaffer the hood or lens. my diy cmi too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hotchoco1ate View Post
    I checked with Red Dot Photo. They do sell the tape but im not sure how to gaffer till nice nice cover the hood all that. Im more concerned with my lenses actually. The labels are peeling.
    If your labels are peeling, once you pull out your gaffer, the label will come off together with the gaffer tape.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfoot17 View Post
    And in our climate, the stickiness somehow remains on your equipment after you remove the gaffer, no matter how much the gaffer tape claims that it will not ...
    +1. Unless one is willing to peel off and re-apply fresh gaffer tape every 2-3 months.

Blog Entries

if u buy a couple of us ice-cream sundae or coffee and cake near Funan IT Mall , we can volunteer to help you apply the gaffer

essentially ..... keep feeding us non-stop while we work on your stuff .......

U bring gaffer and razor blade

10-15min per lens/body
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Eddie.. sure or not lol.. quality can make it or.not. was wondering if can apply the Gmask method on the body.n hood

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119
    if u buy a couple of us ice-cream sundae or coffee and cake near Funan IT Mall , we can volunteer to help you apply the gaffer

essentially ..... keep feeding us non-stop while we work on your stuff .......

U bring gaffer and razor blade

10-15min per lens/body

Quote Originally Posted by yilin
    Eddie.. sure or not lol.. quality can make it or.not. was wondering if can apply the Gmask method on the body.n hood
    So long as you're not giving then beer, quality will be OK! ;-)
    Alpha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    So long as you're not giving then beer, quality will be OK! ;-)
    who knows.. if give beer, quality maybe increase ley.

Blog Entries

might as well profit from a skill which I picked up years ago and then realized was useless unless one was a bling bling beng .....

fastest way is to do it the Paste and Cut way ...... takes too long if you do it the Measure, Cut Shape and then Paste way

p/s hi TS ..... just remember the tape will start de-threading and stink to high heavens after several weeks of constant use from accumulated sweat absorbed
    Last edited by ed9119; 25th June 2012 at 05:46 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by hotchoco1ate View Post
    I once did the same to a hood of a rather un-common lens (it had a silver colored plastic hood) and when I peeled off the gaffer to put on new tape, it peeled off more paint .... doh!
    So take note