Thread: Maha charger help!!

Default Maha charger help!!

My Maha charger seems to have a problem. As this charger charges each battery individually, there are 4 LED indicators. However, I found out that there's one indicator that keeps on showing the red light, which means that the battery is still charging. This problem occurs even though I leave the batteries charging overnight, hence I'm not sure whether this is a problem with the LED indicator or the charger...

Anyone knows what may be the problem? Or should I just go back to EastGear to change one? (FYI, I've already had a change of chargers 3 weeks ago as my previous maha charger also had a problem, and this is the new copy )
    eat. drink. shoot

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    My Maha charger seems to have a problem. As this charger charges each battery individually, there are 4 LED indicators. However, I found out that there's one indicator that keeps on showing the red light, which means that the battery is still charging. This problem occurs even though I leave the batteries charging overnight, hence I'm not sure whether this is a problem with the LED indicator or the charger...

Anyone knows what may be the problem? Or should I just go back to EastGear to change one? (FYI, I've already had a change of chargers 3 weeks ago as my previous maha charger also had a problem, and this is the new copy )
    Try charging the same battery in another slot. Sometime, its the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar

Did u select the FAST charge mode or SLOW mode (switch is on the side of the charger)? Shouldn't take more than 2hrs or so to fully charge ur batt (based on Mi-NH 2500)...

My set didn't have this prob... if this persists, probably better to send it back to Eastgear to replace it... Good luck..
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

Same thing happened to mine ... I just unplug, make sure it's on "slow" charge, swap the batteries around, and re-insert into the plug. Been ok for me so far, and I like having the individual charging channels.

East Gear has run out of Maha chargers - coming in at the end of the month. Anybody know where else to get one?

Deregistered

Just got mine today @ TK Foto

so is Maha, Sanyo or Eastgear chargers the best for AA-sized 2500mah NiMH batteries? need to get one soon from Eastgear to replace my cranky Sony charger and make the decision quick.

Dun you guys think that the 2500 batteries from Sanyo are a bit bigger than normal? I seems not to be able to fit it nicely onto my lightbox

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Just got mine today @ TK Foto
    where's TK photo?

http://www.tkfoto.com.sg/online/

Quote Originally Posted by nad
    where's TK photo?

Quote Originally Posted by plinius

thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jia Wang
    Did u select the FAST charge mode or SLOW mode (switch is on the side of the charger)? Shouldn't take more than 2hrs or so to fully charge ur batt (based on Mi-NH 2500)...

My set didn't have this prob... if this persists, probably better to send it back to Eastgear to replace it... Good luck..
    if on slow mode, can it still charge sanyo 2500 AA batteries within 2 hrs? i realised all my sanyo 2100 sets r takin more den 4 hrs

if on slow mode, it cannot charge a fully discharged Sanyo 2500 AA battery within 2 hours. Mine takes around 8 hours on slow mode (usually charge it overnight).

oh oki yeap yeap it's abt tat time. i tot my charger/batts spoilt.