Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

Quote Originally Posted by S2Glow View Post
    thanks for sharing , yeah i did , i was blinded by my own brain that wedding video is on the morning 7am+ whereby there is sunlight rising. i always work with natural light when shooting video, never attempt night shoot before. i gotta say i have no experience shooting in dark place.

but oh well i will definitely improve , so many pointer that i never think of haiz. feel sucky right now.
    It's good that you are humble and opened to receiving feedbacks here. That's paramount to improving yourself. I'm sure the hard lesson of messing a gig like this will stick with you for a long time to not commit the same mistakes, just stick ard and learn more from these other feedbacks.

Some feedbacks here are outright reprimanding (which you know you deserve to some extent) while some are patient and friendly. Just take every feedback humbly and learn from them. Everything single item that have been mentioned, with which you have not considered, goes to show how much you need to think through (which you apparently did not) before a gig.

Thank you for boldly sharing your misadventure for many to learn and also for many to reprimand, I'm sure many here, including yourself, will learn from every single reply here.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    now u know. start practising taking low light video shoots. so u can shoot in both conditions.
    thanks , i will for sure ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    For a start, u dont even know the lens that u r going to use. 50mm??

That means u didn't even try out your setup before the actual event.

Any decent photographer will use at least 35mm or best is 24mm.

U already taken the first wrong step of using 50mm, and this affects the rest of your problems.
    video lols , my friend using 17mm -_- . not about lens now.

poor couple.. u don't get to "do it all over again".. a once in a lifetime affair.. wrong way to gain experience.. he shd tag with the pros to see how they do it, rather than do what he did

I think it is better that you think about your video production now than to sit on your problem with the video shoot. Get all your video footage on the timeline and salvage whatever usable. Edit to your best effort a nice flow of the event. Use After Effect to enhance the footage - colour; lighting; etc. From these sequence make another 7 minutes highlight, add effect like slow motion to dramatize it.

Well, if you're looking through the wedding videos I hope you didn't just look. You ought to be thinking of what goes on behind the shot, what makes the videographer choose this angle, why this moment was featured, what equipment did he use, how did he/she achieve this shot, analyse the light that goes on in the scene etc.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    Well, if you're looking through the wedding videos I hope you didn't just look. You ought to be thinking of what goes on behind the shot, what makes the videographer choose this angle, why this moment was featured, what equipment did he use, how did he/she achieve this shot, analyse the light that goes on in the scene etc.
    of course i did , but some nice shot require costly equipment and i dont have $$ T_T . even though i suck and screw up i still blame partially on the weather haha =P

curious to see how 'bad' the video is.

of course i did , but some nice shot require costly equipment and i dont have $$ T_T . even though i suck and screw up i still blame partially on the weather haha =P
    You still blaming the weather and your lack of equipment. You have not learnt a single thing from all the hammering you've gotten here.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

Got no experience but want to do wedding videography... How you managed to delete a file by accident is beyond me.

Think about it, if you are a newbie skydiver, then someone say, they want to save costs and hire you as a skydiving instructor, can teach... Would you play with people's lives? At the end of the day if people's lives get thrown away, are you going to blame their parachute? The plane you jumped out of? The weather???

No? Then you shouldn't blame your gear or the weather. It is the same concept. You are playing at being a professional when you are not up to the mark. Simple and plain. Don't do it again until you're ready and you won't mess up someone else's wedding day, and you won't panic and do silly things like delete a video file.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 22nd June 2012 at 09:08 PM.

Dear friend ,

Suggestions that may help you.

Practice .
    With that , you would be able to anticipate challenges you are likely to face at any given situation.

Plan.
    If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
    Look into story boarding. Would you have sufficient equipment and manpower to cover the scenes from different perspectives? The groom approaching the gate, the bridesmaid welcoming them, the expressions on the bride's face upon hearing the groom's arrival behind the veil.. Giving you different scenes to cut from if one doesn't make the cut.

Creativity.
    If you seek help in creativity for a paid project, i strongly suggest you focus on your studies and save the money on furthering your education.
    The hard truth is that we are good at some things and excellent at others. Find your niche and focus on that. Don't be to hard on yourself . Take this opportunity to understand your abilities.

Available light.
    Without it, there's darkness. Light is a very important tool and learn to paint with it. ( Hence my nick)
    Man greatest tool. The imaginative mind.

I think it all boils down to:

Your over estimated yourself and underestimated the job.

The countless number of past threads and posts from experienced photographers and professionals advising against newbies shooting weddings had failed to be heeded, again. Fact of the matter is that even at this current time while your thread is running, there are 2-3 other similar threads about newbie hobbyists wanting to shoot weddings. They probably won't heed those warnings too and will actually accuse professionals of having 'vested interest'.

Continue to believe on those nikon canon advertisement, continue to believe those sugar coated critics from friends, continue disregard or defend bad comments and critics, and you will never learn.

When things fails, weak people find reasons, strong people find responsibility. The personality reveals very clearly. If you failed technically, people blame you. If you fail morally, people loath you. Be very very glad that you have a understanding client. Some clients will destroy your everything in revenge.

Its time to move on and go savage whatever you can and see how you can compensate the couple.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

I am going to be extremely straight forwardly blunt....
    You are a freaking joke to the industry. if you claim what he claim to be about shooting in the production industry, then i definitely wun ever want to work with him in anyway or whatsoever. And if you still have the cheek to read this post... i have a short message for you. "Stop whatever you are doing now. Try sales. you might be better in that. And please dun be such a dumb ass and post on clubsnap telling others that u screwed up. it won't help you at all"... Industry say big, not big.... say small, not small. Good things are hardly remembered but bad things spread like wild fire... I am sure if i wanna find out who you really ah, it wun be difficult at all...

And... er.... regarding to the honest and sincere opinion you were asking for, here it is... from me. Go back to your bloody basics... that is if you have any at all... and... REALLY, i mean REALLY... understand the limitation of you equipment before shooting!!!

I SINCERELY PITY THE WEDDING COUPLE....

Quote Originally Posted by S2Glow

Still blaming the weather even though after what others have advice?

geez.

Yeah... If weather was perfect, this is what a video from TS would look like! TS submitted this for a competition: I would die without technology - YouTube

Nice shots don't necessary require costly equipment. They require skill, costly equipment by themselves don't get you the shot, but the person using it does.

lol , i think i need time to get more experience.

thanks all who really do give pointers , i saw that and prob next time practice and learn before doing it ( yay people going to say i am going to be a joke in industry again !! ) , sometimes i feel like just edit the whole page to blank but not gonna do it yet , prob lots of newb seeing this thread also thinking twice whether want to try on wedding or not.

-_- , i feel very regretful at that day and i dont even wanna show my edit highlights because i know i dont have enough time to make it nice and i was very stress when i am editing , i feel that when i stress i can instantly breakdown , thats how tough express edit is . -_-!! , everybody think i am just a complete fcker who want to ruined wedding.

anyway i just going to read the future replies and learn , not gonna explain anymore. people will think i keep blaming , sincerely i want to learn peace yo ^^
    Last edited by S2Glow; 23rd June 2012 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spawnx View Post
    Yeah... If weather was perfect, this is what a video from TS would look like! TS submitted this for a competition: I would die without technology - YouTube
    photographer? is video btw and i have shoot video for very long not a complete noob -_-, can some sincere person reply instead of lecturing me because this is my thoughts and the client understands it , i just wanna learn how to react to those situation. haiz
    i'm not here to bash TS, but seriously.. shooting video for very long? and this is the kind of work you produce? this was uploaded only about 7 months ago.

bad soundtrack, poor script. and this is what you shoot based on the topic of "without technology"? it's just a video of you and your friend, prancing around pretending that wallets are guns. heck, i don't even find that it resembles Counterstrike at all

lol thats the first time i am doing video haha. i have more video that i learning in school

gonna private it because everybody will keep bashing me instead of sticking to the real topic -_-
    Last edited by S2Glow; 23rd June 2012 at 03:22 AM.

lol thats the first time i am doing video haha. i have more video that i learning in school

gonna private it because everybody will keep bashing me instead of sticking to the real topic -_-
    school and real-life experiences are two very different things. if you don't open yourself to criticism, you'll just fail over and over again without knowing why. right now, you still don't get the point that everyone is driving at you. your attitude (and not the video) is the problem.

just because you study video or production in school doesn't make you more or on-par qualified as those doing it for a living. there are those who didn't even study for photography or videography, yet they're doing a better job than you are.

T_T then what should i do now? tell me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast