Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 111

Thread: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

  1. #21

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    u claim that u had shot video very long. do u even know the existence of video light? myself i dun shoot video but for photographer, we use flash, for videographers, there is video light.

    i am not proficient in videography but i am sure somehow using video light, it will at least help u in low light.

    i look at your equipment, but find it weird u left out video light.





    yeah true , i doubt led light gonna beat natural sunlight that other wedding video have and i am a student therefore no $ for equipment too , i am not prepared because i am amateur and weather is something that i totally unaware because 100% of the wedding videos i saw is shot in sunlight. i appreciate your effort to help compare to others who like to only reply for the sake of replying.

  2. #22
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    Quote Originally Posted by S2Glow View Post
    yeah true , i doubt led light gonna beat natural sunlight that other wedding video have and i am a student therefore no $ for equipment too , i am not prepared because i am amateur and weather is something that i totally unaware because 100% of the wedding videos i saw is shot in sunlight. i appreciate your effort to help compare to others who like to only reply for the sake of replying.
    then after this experience u should at least set aside some budget to get a video light. it pays to be prepared cos as I mentioned, not everyday is gonna be the same perfect lighting condition u see in those wedding videos.

  3. #23
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    Quote Originally Posted by S2Glow View Post
    yeah true , i doubt led light gonna beat natural sunlight that other wedding video have and i am a student therefore no $ for equipment too , i am not prepared because i am amateur and weather is something that i totally unaware because 100% of the wedding videos i saw is shot in sunlight. i appreciate your effort to help compare to others who like to only reply for the sake of replying.
    you don't expect to use the LED light to light up the whole HDB living room or the whole car park, what it does is light up the close up area, especially people faces,
    what so fantastic about a video shot only with available light but everyone face is "or lu lu" (in shadow)??
    Last edited by catchlights; 22nd June 2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #24

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    the Aputure LED light will not cost you more than $100.

    and for the sake of saving that amount, you might get into lots of trouble. yet you're still giving excuses for your mistakes....

  5. #25

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    1st problem : How to use prime lens on 600D on a small room as i notice alot of video use aperture effects on make up part , can 600D do the job ?
    yes


    2nd problem : how to overcome insufficient space and the lighting , F3.5 + 3200 iso still dark as hell , the quality is ZZZ ? using a 600D kit lens is already an issue when shooting those person half body. T_T i am at lost because 600D seems like a **** equipment for wedding.
    use a wider angle lens. 600d is not **** equipment. 5d2 can be ****ier in incompetent hands.


    3rd problem : raining so heavily , will you risk your dslr on small rain just to take some shot?
    whats you friend doing? he can help u hold umbrella since its just a small rain.
    btw, your attitude towards rain/gear is wrong. to u its "just some shot", to the couple its everything. embrace the rain as something different, work around it creatively. surely u dont think every pro is so lucky that every wedding they cover is nice, bright and sunny?



    so after the wedding shoot is done , i accidentally delete the gatecrash raw video o-o ,
    4th problem : if you were me , what to do?
    hopefully recovery software can help you.


    express edit only have 4 hour + to do a 7 min video.
    5th problem : what to do if you cant complete a good video within timeframe? , for me i just lump all the b-rolls clip inside.
    you need more practise and a faster computer. how the express looks is a direct reflection of the videographers' skill, creativity, competency and attitude. the couple could have just asked any bro/sis at the wedding to shoot with their IXUS and "lump all the clips together", think about whats the value in engaging some1 specially to do it?

    hope this helps.

    sorry if i sound harsh but whatever amount the couple is paying you, you are already being overpaid.
    Last edited by EiRiK; 22nd June 2012 at 03:54 PM.
    web | blog | fb | ig

  6. #26
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    Quote Originally Posted by EiRiK View Post


    3rd problem : raining so heavily , will you risk your dslr on small rain just to take some shot?
    whats you friend doing? he can help u hold umbrella since its just a small rain.
    btw, your attitude towards rain/gear is wrong. to u its "just some shot", to the couple its everything. embrace the rain as something different, work around it creatively. surely u dont think every pro is so lucky that every wedding they cover is nice, bright and sunny?

    actually i will say whatever weather given is an opportunity. cos if u manage to pull it off, words will spread.

    as mention by EiRik, creativity! I am sure the couple will be game enough to follow your creative juice after its a big day and it does not rains everyday... so this make it unique to them to have a wedding videography done in the rain.

  7. #27

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    yeah i know that , but this is my first time i was caught really off guard , not giving excuse but i know that in that situation having LED light will be great , i was taught to use that , not like others who think i am complete noob.

    that is why i post this thread to learn and share , not for people to lecture without any sense and this might be useful for people who taking AD wedding video for their 1st time.

  8. #28
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    Quote Originally Posted by S2Glow View Post
    yeah i know that , but this is my first time i was caught really off guard , not giving excuse but i know that in that situation having LED light will be great , i was taught to use that , not like others who think i am complete noob.

    that is why i post this thread to learn and share , not for people to lecture without any sense and this might be useful for people who taking AD wedding video for their 1st time.

    anyway whats done already done.

    learn from your experience. its a different learning curve every job.

    just be prepare for the worst every job. then u will be adequately covered.

  9. #29

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    thanks , i dont mind harsh reply because you did help ^^ , i am inexperience because normally i edit video based on my own time , never know is so hectic because there is so much footage to go through , thanks for the pointers. yeah i did tell my friend use umbrella , just that some scene is so instant i gotta do it fast if not the opportunity is gone.

    thanks for pointing out my mistakes. is really stressful when people rush you >< , btw how to work around creativity in my situation? any tips? i just hope i can see some video that is in raining situation

    thanks sinned ^^

  10. #30

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    TS, what everybody has been trying to tell you is that you are not ready to take AD wedding video for the 1st time. You equipment, experience and attitude is lacking.

    Nobody owes you anything here and is obliged to give you the answers you demanded. Adjust your attitude a bit and I'm sure there are people here who will be willing to help you salvage the situation.

    Learn and move on.

    Good luck.

  11. #31

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you don't expect to use the LED light to light up the whole HDB living room or the whole car park, what it does is light up the close up area, especially people faces,
    what so fantastic about a video shot only with available light but everyone face is "or lu lu" (in shadow)??
    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    the Aputure LED light will not cost you more than $100.

    and for the sake of saving that amount, you might get into lots of trouble. yet you're still giving excuses for your mistakes....
    Yeah.. blame ownself is student, blame no money..

    You ownself say you not prepared and you are amateur, you thought always have sunlight and not aware of bad weather.

    Whether photograph or video, it's all about recoding light. Common sense would have told you that light is damn important and you should have been prepared for artificial lighting if natural light is not ample.

    It all goes down to the fact that you are not prepared. You took someone's money but gave a poor attitude to the job. It's a wedding, supposed to be a once in a life time thing that is so darn important but you did not prepare yourself enough in terms of knowledge and equipment.

    You say you have been shooting video for long but it doesn't mean anything if you haven't learn anything. Many people have been snapping photographs with their handphone since young, does that meant that they had years of photograhy experience?

    Come on bro.. I don't look down on you because you are a student, you don't have the money or you are not a pro. The problem lies in your attitude. Take this as a damn good lesson and please don't victimize another couple until you are fully ready.

  12. #32

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    Quote Originally Posted by S2Glow View Post
    you all didnt even respond to my question -_- , now the weather is at fault.
    hello. as videographer you should at least recce the site. recce the weather.

    should there be any hint of bad weather. wet weather programme should have been implemented.

    u stayed up til 4 AM to look at "wedding videos" but you can't go NEA web site to check the weather?

    PS. looking at wedding videos doesn't make you a wedding videographer.

    I 100% cfm when you see the video you get inspired. you pump yourself up about how you can do that.

    but seriously as you have experienced. it is Chicken and Duck.

    no one can give you the next course of action because seriously, i think nobody can.

    gd luck if action is taken.

  13. #33

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    T_T . okay , i am really dedicated to do a nice video for them and how can you mix this with photography , is totally 2 different thing. i know clubsnap is a helpful community so i post here based on my experience so newbie could learn from my mistake and post suggestion on my mistake , both learning , maybe my english is not very good thats why you all get offended but i am sincerely willing to improve but neverthless thanks for the help guys. appreciated ^^

  14. #34

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    I just read the other replies.

    nothing further to say.

    I'll just say read the "lectures" properly. and i am done here.

  15. #35

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    hello. as videographer you should at least recce the site. recce the weather.

    should there be any hint of bad weather. wet weather programme should have been implemented.

    u stayed up til 4 AM to look at "wedding videos" but you can't go NEA web site to check the weather?

    PS. looking at wedding videos doesn't make you a wedding videographer.

    I 100% cfm when you see the video you get inspired. you pump yourself up about how you can do that.

    but seriously as you have experienced. it is Chicken and Duck.

    no one can give you the next course of action because seriously, i think nobody can.

    gd luck if action is taken.

    yes , i did get pump up till everything dont goes my way , that is when i started to feel mad about it and keep thinking why cant my 1st video be a smooth ride. i am not a wedding videographer yet but soon i will be ^^ . thanks lol , i will go nea website see next time, i never even thought of NEA -_- fail me. yeah next time i will recce the site for sure.

  16. #36

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    It's the attitude problem.
    You cant even respect the duty you have to your client.

    I only see your comments like "stupid stuff" that your client do at the gate, etc...blaming everything in the world except taking a step back & think what you have done wrong. This kind of attitude will not get you very far.

    And seriously I think those who were kind enough to advise you wasted their time to do so.

  17. #37

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    Quote Originally Posted by S2Glow View Post
    photographer? is video btw and i have shoot video for very long not a complete noob -_-,
    Quote Originally Posted by S2Glow View Post
    yeah i know that , but this is my first time i was caught really off guard , not giving excuse but i know that in that situation having LED light will be great , i was taught to use that , not like others who think i am complete noob.
    So tell me, you are not a complete noob, yet you can overlook something so simple as to bring a light to shoot a video that starts at 5am. Common sense would tell you 5am is DARK. And your experience should you that you need a light to brighten the area.

    I am sorry but you seriously need a mocking here. You are saying oh the camera is ****, oh the weather is ****, oh I am not a complete noob. Yet, everything single thing you have done are mistakes a person with no experience would make. Heck, even when we wanted to start doing videos, we already had 550Ds, the first thing I went to buy were three LED lights from Artworkfoto. And when we went up to KL, the first thing we packed were those lights.

    To highlight a point, the following music video was shot with 60Ds and mostly 18-135mm lenses and sometimes a 50mm 1.2L. Effectively, it's a very similar camera (same sensor), exact same lens and exact same focal length (too zoom?)



    Why was this production house able to pull it off and you, a person, with so much claimed experience, be unable to do so. And yes, they did pack an LED light for the night shots. Heck, even some day shots, they used portable floods to make sure the lighting was right!
    Last edited by dodgethis; 22nd June 2012 at 04:53 PM.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

  18. #38

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    thanks for sharing , yeah i did , i was blinded by my own brain that wedding video is on the morning 7am+ whereby there is sunlight rising. i always work with natural light when shooting video, never attempt night shoot before. i gotta say i have no experience shooting in dark place.

    but oh well i will definitely improve , so many pointer that i never think of haiz. feel sucky right now.

  19. #39
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: AD wedding video problem and how to react?

    Quote Originally Posted by S2Glow View Post
    i always work with natural light when shooting video, never attempt night shoot before. i gotta say i have no experience shooting in dark place.

    but oh well i will definitely improve , so many pointer that i never think of haiz. feel sucky right now.
    now u know. start practising taking low light video shoots. so u can shoot in both conditions.

  20. #40

    Default

    For a start, u dont even know the lens that u r going to use. 50mm??

    That means u didn't even try out your setup before the actual event.

    Any decent photographer will use at least 35mm or best is 24mm.

    U already taken the first wrong step of using 50mm, and this affects the rest of your problems.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •