Thread: Senior MFA official Lim Cheng Hoe suspended, investigated by police

Default Senior MFA official Lim Cheng Hoe suspended, investigated by police

A senior Foreign Affairs official is being investigated by the police over allegations of filing improper claims for expenses incurred during visits overseas.

Chief of protocol at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), Mr Lim Cheng Hoe was suspended from his duties on Tuesday after the ministry referred the case to the Commercial Affairs Department.

The Straits Times understands he has not been arrested. Mr Michael Tan Keng Siong is now acting chief of protocol at the ministry.

The MFA said in a statement on Thursday that it had received information that Mr Lim, who has served in the ministry for 38 years, had made improper claims for reimbursements, for expenses incurred by him, during some of his overseas visits.

Senior MFA official Lim Cheng Hoe suspended, investigated by police
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Default Re: Senior MFA official Lim Cheng Hoe suspended, investigated by police

SG's civil service is under a big microscope
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    SG's civil service is under a big microscope
    i dunno leh. recently machiam more and more and more and more leh.

sure its not outright corruption, but i see underage sex, sex scandals etc...

So High Pay does NOT EQUATE to Clean Garmen....

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    So High Pay does NOT EQUATE to Clean Garmen....
    It doesn't even equate to performance really

The series of scandals though ugly and disgraceful, I am actually glad that that there are shake ups and scrutinies poking the tops as well.

I am all for better accountability, which is a form of progress as a society in its own right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    The series of scandals though ugly and disgraceful, I am actually glad that that there are shake ups and scrutinies poking the tops as well.

I am all for better accountability, which is a form of progress as a society in its own right.
    i'm more surprised why now so many. does it mean all the while we have, but jsut well hidden?

Perhaps the earlier SLA corruption case forced all agencies to more thoroughly audit themselves?

Not surprising that some Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) officials may actually hold secondary appointments with our our external espionage agencies such as the Security and Intelligence Division (SID) conducting covert operations outside of Singapore as mentioned by Dr. Tim Huxley.

If their identity is blown, there must be some sort of protocol for cover-up in place?

52,500 sources from Goggle Search (some pretty informative links available).
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart
    i'm more surprised why now so many. does it mean all the while we have, but jsut well hidden?
    No idea. But better than never.

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2
    Perhaps the earlier SLA corruption case forced all agencies to more thoroughly audit themselves?
    Maybe it is one big snake, and they have not caught sight of the tail yet. Say if they managed to get a list of clientele the ladies service ..

Little dominoes, see how far it goes..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    No idea. But better than never.

Maybe it is one big snake, and they have not caught sight of the tail yet. Say if they managed to get a list of clientele the ladies service ..

Little dominoes, see how far it goes..
    either way... so much for a clean government.

no one is clean, and no government is perfect. are you clean and perfect Allen?

i thought you don't like to bathe or take showers

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    Purity is a state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Purity is a state of mind.
    my mind is in a state of purity

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    A lot cleaner than most.
    Someone in MY govt dept allegedly bought a stack of rubber bands for RM1000. No one was ever hauled up for questioning.

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    A lot cleaner than most.
    Someone in MY govt dept allegedly bought a stack of rubber bands for RM1000. No one was ever hauled up for questioning.
    because the rubberbands were actually gold plated...