Thread: lunar new year lightup

Default lunar new year lightup

firecracker tonight at chinatown?
    web | blog | fb | ig

Think so....but not many lar. A few strands only.

Going downstairs to watch later. This year seems to be quite quiet.....there aren't many people.

fiewcraker?my mum light it up early morning at 6 at the 1st day of lunar calendar.i see it every year,in sabah.

Quote Originally Posted by sabahan
    fiewcraker?my mum light it up early morning at 6 at the 1st day of lunar calendar.i see it every year,in sabah.
    Hehee.....in Singapore it is a very very big deal, because we are a fine city. Just now there were 2 rounds of firing, 1 round of 8 strings 30 metres tall and another round of 10 strings of the usual 6 foot long type. Easily a couple tens of thousand people in Chinatown watching.....they closed 2 main roads for this.

For the Chinese communities in Indonesia closer to this region, they light it up on the eve (midnight), 6th till 7th day for about 5 hours, and the 9th. Not only crackers but fireworks as well. I was in a town (of about 200K population) last year and for crackers alone they let off like over 10,000 strings on the 6th-7th night. Whole sky filled with smoke, simply amazing. I alone bought 2 dozen. This year might not be so lucky......tsunami you see, lets see how we can bribe them 'Police' and 'Military' so that it can proceed. It's all about money anyway...