Thread: HLD-3 Is In Town!!!

Default HLD-3 Is In Town!!!

Just got the power battery holder for my E-300 very limited stock as told by the store.

Quote Originally Posted by fourthirds
    Just got the power battery holder for my E-300 very limited stock as told by the store.
    woot woot

where??
    parisilk have?

Quote Originally Posted by chii
    woot woot

where??
    parisilk have?

Got it from Funan #04-12

Got it from Funan #04-12
    wooh..

thx U..

Got it from Funan #04-12
    Thanks for the info.

The grip is actually quite thick and makes the camera a bit squarish in shape making when attached. It is comfortable to hold though.

2 things I didn't like about it -
    (a) the 'ON' switch at the bottom of the grip only has the word 'Lock' on it and gave me a scare when I couldn't get the shutter button on the grip to work because I had the switch in the 'Lock' position as directed in the installation instructions
    (b) the shutter button is quite stiff and have to be pressed quite hard to take a shot. Again I thought at first that the shutter button was not working.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat
    Thanks for the info.

The grip is actually quite thick and makes the camera a bit squarish in shape making when attached. It is comfortable to hold though.

2 things I didn't like about it -
    (a) the 'ON' switch at the bottom of the grip only has the word 'Lock' on it and gave me a scare when I couldn't get the shutter button on the grip to work because I had the switch in the 'Lock' position as directed in the installation instructions
    (b) the shutter button is quite stiff and have to be pressed quite hard to take a shot. Again I thought at first that the shutter button was not working.
    Hi tomcat,

how is the fitting between the camera & the grip?
    If there is any "freeplay" does it cos connection issues?

Was it around $175 (w/GST)?

Wow, looks good, at least you guys have grip even for the entry-level model.

Does it improve AF performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin
    Does it improve AF performance?
    Never heard of any battery pack on any camera body that is able to improve AF. For film, can improve the burst rate for some.

Hi tomcat,

how is the fitting between the camera & the grip?
    If there is any "freeplay" does it cos connection issues?
    Fits just like the grips for other cameras. No freeplay detectable. But then I didn't experience any freeplay problem or connection issues with the grip for my 20D either.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Never heard of any battery pack on any camera body that is able to improve AF. For film, can improve the burst rate for some.

It's not quite true. Users of the E1 have reported improved AF performance when using the 50~200 oly lens.

As for the E300, I am not to sure as i have not found anything relating to the improvement

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat
    Fits just like the grips for other cameras. No freeplay detectable. But then I didn't experience any freeplay problem or connection issues with the grip for my 20D either.
    I see. possible there was a bad batch as I have read several reports of excessive, freeplay on the 20D & batt grip ...leading to battery disconnections.

It's not quite true. Users of the E1 have reported improved AF performance when using the 50~200 oly lens.
    That's strange, because AF does not really suck that much power anyway and the battery power is comparable to those from Nikon/Canon, moreover we are talking about lighter glass elements in 4/3rd system.... Maybe it's that particular lens, you are talking about the Sigma 55-200 4/3 mount right?

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    That's strange, because AF does not really suck that much power anyway and the battery power is comparable to those from Nikon/Canon, moreover we are talking about lighter glass elements in 4/3rd system.... Maybe it's that particular lens, you are talking about the Sigma 55-200 4/3 mount right?
    Taken from oly webbie

"HLD-2 Power Battery Holder
    Experience all the performance that the E-1 has at full capacity. The high-powered external battery power grip conveniently and easily attaches to the base of the camera while supplying an extensive power supply so you can shoot a day-long assignment without hesitation. More than just extra power, the HLD-2 also improves the focus tracking speeds in Continuous AF, allowing you to track faster moving objects. When attached, the HLD-2 also includes a space to
    store the E-1's body battery cover door so it is not lost or a hindrance to carry."

link
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/e1/sys_acc_power.asp