Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hello Everyone! I'm a newbie! I don't have a DSLR? Which camera shall I buy?

Default Re: Hello Everyone! I'm a newbie! I don't have a DSLR? Which camera shall I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    Bro why not continue shooting using your AE-1, buy films not mega pixel. You can save money to buy photography books. I would recommend ansel adams trilogy: the camera, the negative, and the print.

Shoot using 1 lens (e.g 50mm) for the whole year. I believe in one year, you'll achieve more than knowledge in buying selling camera, noise/af comparison, counting shutter life, etc. Unless... your hobby is really in buying/selling camera/lens and not in photography itself.

It seems you over exaggerate things here. It's same light, same triangle exposure, same visualization, how large are the differences?
    If I still have my AE-1, I'll be rich. It's a collectors item now.

Default Re: Hello Everyone! I'm a newbie! I don't have a DSLR? Which camera shall I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by vcsh88 View Post
    Huh? Would a couple of hundreds or less than a hundred make you rich? Canon AE-1 is old school... but definitely don't really worth that much.

CANON AE-1 CAMERA #5263575 Works with Factory Strap | eBay (presently US$55 and with 2 more hours to go)

CANON AE-1 SLR 35 MM CAMERA W/ TOKINA 80-200 MM LENS AND CANON 50 MM LENS | eBay (Buy now price US$159 - can't even get me the tripod I have been drooling after).

Canon AE-1 CAMERA 35mm Film SLR & FD 50mm 1.8F Lens | eBay (Buy now price US$79 with a 50mm f1.8 throw in somemore).

On the other hand, you will be rich if you have the undermentioned Leica camera

This $2.8 million Leica is the world’s most expensive camera | Technology News Blog - Yahoo! News
    Last edited by rhino123; 12th July 2012 at 12:18 PM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Ignore... repeated comments.
    Last edited by rhino123; 12th July 2012 at 12:18 PM.
    My lousy shots

How much richer will you be if you still have your AE-1? Just curious how much a AE-1 may cost nowadays.
    D200

Quote Originally Posted by vcsh88

You only be richer if you sell the camera, and yes, you will be richer by about $200 if you able to sell it today.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Philippians 4:13
    Visit my flickr! -------> http://www.flickr.com/photos/77348560@N04/

Richer in photographic experience, if you had used it instead of starting equipment discussions
    EOS

I started photography last year with an AE-1 aquired in this forum simply because I cannot afford a digital camera. I have yet to shoot digital but the skills and knowledge learned is the same. Only thing I lose out on is learning photoshop which I think is actually a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowleong
    I started photography last year with an AE-1 aquired in this forum simply because I cannot afford a digital camera. I have yet to shoot digital but the skills and knowledge learned is the same. Only thing I lose out on is learning photoshop which I think is actually a blessing.
    Try getting a film scanner, so you won't miss out post process and save money on prints and scan (in long term) too. I am using 3 film camera now and simply love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unagidon View Post
    Try getting a film scanner, so you won't miss out post process and save money on prints and scan (in long term) too. I am using 3 film camera now and simply love it.
    May i know how do you scan the film? Do you process it to negatives first and then scan it? or do you shoot slides and scan the slides?

I find that one frustrating thing about shooting prints for C41 processing is, you need to find a reliable lab to print good prints for you. Otherwise, your good photos will turn our horrible.
    E6 process (slides) is better in the sense that you get what you shot... but of course, in slides, which you need a projector or slide viewer to view them.

If there is a visualizer type of slide viewer which can be plugged into USB to view on computer monitor, it will be great.... better still if we can capture the image from screen or thru this USB viewer (just like scanning it).

Quote Originally Posted by milez View Post
    May i know how do you scan the film? Do you process it to negatives first and then scan it? or do you shoot slides and scan the slides?

I find that one frustrating thing about shooting prints for C41 processing is, you need to find a reliable lab to print good prints for you. Otherwise, your good photos will turn our horrible.
    E6 process (slides) is better in the sense that you get what you shot... but of course, in slides, which you need a projector or slide viewer to view them.

If there is a visualizer type of slide viewer which can be plugged into USB to view on computer monitor, it will be great.... better still if we can capture the image from screen or thru this USB viewer (just like scanning it).

Film scanner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Thanks! didnt know i was so outdated...

Quote Originally Posted by milez

I develop it at foto hub(takes 3days), scan with epson v600 comes with the rig for ur film (35mm and 120mm) the software directly convert negative to colour. Get ready some compress air and lens cloth to get rid of the dust for every scan you make (scan in tiff format). Use software like lightroom or photoshop for post processing and minor touch up. And you got high quality digital images with high megapixel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345