Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding Day Shoot

Ya, it is not cheap at all I'm having these equipment not in a short period and some are still in installment progress, admit that i love photography! Anyway thanks you guy given your commend...!

Default Re: Wedding Day Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by EngCK View Post
    Ya, it is not cheap at all I'm having these equipment not in a short period and some are still in installment progress, admit that i love photography! Anyway thanks you guy given your commend...!
    Tell you what, you pay me for the morning & parking, I'll cover his wedding from 7am-1pm, you can shoot his wedding dinner

Will throw in advice for the wedding dinner coverage, what you need is 17-55 and a 55-250 or so ranged glass will do.
    Last edited by lenslust; 19th June 2012 at 10:06 AM.

Hi guy thanks for offered, I'm discussing with my bro once hot outcome will contact u! Thanks everyone!

Help your brother out if both you and your brother are comfortable with the arrangement.

Wedding is important, so is life after it. What's the point of having a grand wedding and everything best, and then have a mountain of debt to clear thereafter? I applaud you and your brother for the sensible thinking.

BTW, many never look at their wedding photos long after their marriage!

the only thing that is worrying will be:

after shoot, if hard disk crashed or whatever happen that ur brother was left with no pictures???? not discouraging you but will your brother or his wife blame you jia lat jia lat???? this topic can be brought out any time in conflict.....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Nonsense! You are associating wedding with monetary debts and disregarding other positive aspects of a marriage.. If so why not say dont even hold a wedding at all. It's just the cost of living one goes thru at different stages in life. Smart and happy people plan well, spend well and have a fruitful life. Misers cut coupons, collect old newspaper, buy cheapest and miss out on LIFE itself.

Many does look at their wedding photos for generations to come. It becomes more and more precious as people age family prosper. People who have no wedding photos, of course don't look at their wedding photos becoz there's simply none exist.

Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji View Post
    Help your brother out if both you and your brother are comfortable with the arrangement.

Wedding is important, so is life after it. What's the point of having a grand wedding and everything best, and then have a mountain of debt to clear thereafter? I applaud you and your brother for the sensible thinking.

BTW, many never look at their wedding photos long after their marriage!
    Last edited by JasonB; 20th June 2012 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Nonsense! You are associating wedding with monetary debts and disregarding other positive aspects of a marriage.. If so why not say dont even hold a wedding at all. It's just the cost of living one goes thru at different stages in life. Smart and happy people plan well, spend well and have a fruitful life. Misers cut coupons, collect old newspaper, buy cheapest and miss out on LIFE itself.

Many does look at their wedding photos for generations to come. It becomes more and more precious as people age family prosper. People who have no wedding photos, of course don't look at their wedding photos becoz there's simply none exist.
    As if you know best just because you have a vested interested. LOL

Hunt around, cost of wedding photography had gone down so low now you can find a basic package (no fancy photography) at $500.00 and the photographer would had more expercence than you.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

As if you know best just because you have a vested interested. LOL
    Nonsense again.

The TS brother is not my client nor even a potential prospect, where the vested interest?

Just like opticians saying people with vision problem should wear spectacles and dentists saying everyone should visit the dentist thrice a year, no one can say they have vested interest because they are saying the right thing and in fact is in the best interest of the client.

On the contrary, bad advice comes from people who have no responsibility giving them and must be corrected.

We do not advocate anyone spend 100k or more on their wedding preparation, but just a decent amount to record all these special moment in photos and video.
    anyway, whatever amount the wedding couples and their parents spent anything on the weddings, all these things will have to return to the bridal boutique/shops, throw away, or end up in sewage.
    the photos and video is the only thing they get to keep with them after the wedding.

and Bro Jason is right, the wedding photos is more precious when their family is growing larger and larger, and the wedding photos is priceless especially the couples are happily married for 20, 30 or 40 years.

needless to say it is useless when the marriage didn't work out, but nobody plan for that right?
    Last edited by catchlights; 21st June 2012 at 12:35 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Nonsense again.

The TS brother is not my client nor even a potential prospect, where the vested interest?

Just like opticians saying people with vision problem should wear spectacles and dentists saying everyone should visit the dentist thrice a year, no one can say they have vested interest because they are saying the right thing and in fact is in the best interest of the client.

On the contrary, bad advice comes from people who have no responsibility giving them and must be corrected.
    Spewing words like nonsense doesn't make you any smarter! Continue to live in your myopic world and thinking everyone shares your view and only your view. LOL.

I'll rest my case. No time or interest to entertain you further.

Spewing words like nonsense doesn't make you any smarter! Continue to live in your myopic world and thinking everyone shares your view and only your view. LOL.

I'll rest my case. No time or interest to entertain you further.
    Well he may not be the most courteous member but I share his views too. Few posts up, our moderator Catchlights too. Judging the posts based on merits of reason and logic.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by avsquare View Post
    That thread is going viral. There's quite some shares on Facebook even.

dont understand how people can mix photography with videography. 2 different thing -_-

Quote Originally Posted by S2Glow View Post
    dont understand how people can mix photography with videography. 2 different thing -_-
    2 different things. but they share many similar concepts and planning processes.

things like:

- What to bring
    - Process Flow
    - Reconnaissance of Area
    - storyboard
    etc

when i shoot for others, i make it a point to scout out the location first, even if i'm not paid. i think about what i'll need, and how i'll get it. how i'll execute. it's the same for video.

and if the hirer insists on doing something that:

1) the budget doesn't allow
    2) it's a ridiculous request (i don't know where they pull those rabbits out from)
    3) something i'd rather not do

i'd voice it out to the hirer.

i won't over promise, and neither will i login to a forum to blame everyone when i fail.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    2 different things. but they share many similar concepts and planning processes.

things like:

- What to bring
    - Process Flow
    - Reconnaissance of Area
    - storyboard
    etc

when i shoot for others, i make it a point to scout out the location first, even if i'm not paid. i think about what i'll need, and how i'll get it. how i'll execute. it's the same for video.

and if the hirer insists on doing something that:

1) the budget doesn't allow
    2) it's a ridiculous request (i don't know where they pull those rabbits out from)
    3) something i'd rather not do

i'd voice it out to the hirer.

i won't over promise, and neither will i login to a forum to blame everyone when i fail.
    yeah i agree , i think for those newb better scout the area first. that is very important , i learned a lesson T_T

It's a tough choice.

I could relate to this thread on a personal level.

When the day comes for a family member decides to tie the knot , i can't help but feeling excited on the ways i could contribute to the wedding.
    You see, i provide clients with creative services such as marketing images , infotainment videos , print media and brand identity.

Hey i could even use it as a platform for my marketing . ( What was i thinking )

Thought long and hard on how to go about it..

Does he need my services? Or does he need a brother to count on for the most important day of his life?

And i've made the right choice.

After a few referrals for the right vendors, i felt glad going through the moments with him without a camera to hinder me.

Note -

You would be very busy with the final run through the night before with the grooms car, relatives figuring out to reach the wedding venue and parking , door gifts , the make up artiste , caterers , the convoy and the last minute groom's shoe went missing scenario. ( Yes it happened )

Trust me , you would not be able to rest on that day let alone time to capture shots.

Think about it.
    Man greatest tool. The imaginative mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Painting with light
    It's a tough choice.

I could relate to this thread on a personal level.

When the day comes for a family member decides to tie the knot , i can't help but feeling excited on the ways i could contribute to the wedding.
    You see, i provide clients with creative services such as marketing images , infotainment videos , print media and brand identity.

Hey i could even use it as a platform for my marketing . ( What was i thinking )

Thought long and hard on how to go about it..

Does he need my services? Or does he need a brother to count on for the most important day of his life?

And i've made the right choice.

After a few referrals for the right vendors, i felt glad going through the moments with him without a camera to hinder me.

Note -

You would be very busy with the final run through the night before with the grooms car, relatives figuring out to reach the wedding venue and parking , door gifts , the make up artiste , caterers , the convoy and the last minute groom's shoe went missing scenario. ( Yes it happened )

Trust me , you would not be able to rest on that day let alone time to capture shots.

Think about it.
    Get an olympus pen to shoot. thats what i did for my cousin's wedding. Sometimes we have the more intimate shots because ppl behave differently to a camera from someone they know... haha

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    and Bro Jason is right, the wedding photos is more precious when their family is growing larger and larger, and the wedding photos is priceless especially the couples are happily married for 20, 30 or 40 years.
    Wedding photography is where a lot of emotional family moments are captured, even in group portrait settings.

Many of you young strawberries will not realize now. But ask an senior man like Catchlights, as we grow older and older, surely, our grandparents won't be around, our parents won't be around, for the more unfortunate people, some siblings or close friends may also won't be around, people who cared for you, or you cared for, won't be around.

The wedding photos becomes more and more cherished and precious as the years passes by. Having no photos, or no good photos, becomes an even deeper regret. Its not just having a memory or actual photos, but also the act of having them done properly to show and remember that you do care for these people and they do for you.

Photography is a gift to mankind.

Some people devalue it way too easily. Many of these people walks among you in Clubsnap.

Nonsense advice is nonsense advice. No excuses.
    Last edited by JasonB; 1st July 2012 at 04:38 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12