Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thaipusam

went to Layan Sithi Vinayagar Temple this evening.

Anyone going SSTT in the morning, 8am?

where does the whole procession start? anyone?

Ok was wondering if anyone knew what the dress code would be like for the ladies. Sometimes when one goes into a mosque, we cannot wear pants so have to wear a skirt. But don't really want to wear a skirt while trying to take pictures, very troublesome lah.

Quote Originally Posted by Grub
    Ok was wondering if anyone knew what the dress code would be like for the ladies. Sometimes when one goes into a mosque, we cannot wear pants so have to wear a skirt. But don't really want to wear a skirt while trying to take pictures, very troublesome lah.
    long pants will do lor ... but remember tat u have to take off ur shoes before entering the temple.

Default Read

Quote Originally Posted by stephanielee
    where does the whole procession start? anyone?
    Yikes! Stephanielee....you dun know how to read . See my post this thread...

Timing
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The participants walk the four kilometres from the Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple on Serangoon Road to the Sri Thandayuthapani Temple on Tank Road. The Kavadis staging is done at the Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple and the de-staging is done at the Sri Thandayuthapani Temple. Both temples offer interesting photographic opportunities.

The procession of Kavadis starts exiting Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple at 12:05am and ends at 6:00pm on Jan. 25th. So you have plenty of time. Be respectful... this is about religion, keep your distance and smile alot.

Default Thaipusam 2005

Hi everyone Below are some of the pics i took yesterday hat I'll like to share with everyone:

more at >> click here

more at >> click here
    Last edited by gundugundu; 26th January 2005 at 04:17 PM.

I like! the 2nd one!

Fantastic shots gundugundu. I really struggled to take pictures because a lot of movement and distraction. I am normally very slow and found it very tough to get in front. (too short lah)

Quote Originally Posted by Grub
    Fantastic shots gundugundu. I really struggled to take pictures because a lot of movement and distraction. I am normally very slow and found it very tough to get in front. (too short lah)
    I struggled too in the beginning. So many things happening at the same time! What I did was I stepped back & observe & remind myself of what I want to capture in the first place. Then I move in.... it works!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12