Thread: Bicycles With No Brakes

Default Bicycles With No Brakes

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Default Re: Bicycles With No Brakes

they're reckless

if hit by on coming cars.... still driver fault....?????
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

I hate this type of roader. Totally ignore traffic rules n seems like "owns" the road. Thats why in car camera a hot recently. Best if this kind of roader got hit when beats traffic light. They dont bother to stop cause they need a lot of strength to pick up n thats indicate they are a bunch of lazy people. If so lazy, dont show off on sunday morning n cycle, sleeps at home better n dont risk yours n other lifes!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Dormant

damn garang and hero... may peace with them...
    Online Adult Toy Shop (Recommended by SBF)
    www.ia-love.com <---- Visit here !

The cyclists probably scanned the traffic ahead and saw that there were no more cars making a turn at the cross junction. They had a better view than the car videocam. Well if they do this often enough one day they will misjudge n get into a nasty accident. Very irresponsible bunch of cyclists.

Quote Originally Posted by esoeij
    The cyclists probably scanned the traffic ahead and saw that there were no more cars making a turn at the cross junction. They had a better view than the car videocam. Well if they do this often enough one day they will misjudge n get into a nasty accident. Very irresponsible bunch of cyclists.
    No matters how well they scan, there are still blind spots n blur drivers. Esp during wkend, cyclist n drivers both thought no other vehicles n make their illegal moves n then, BANG! See how long they can mess with it.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    No matters how well they scan, there are still blind spots n blur drivers. Esp during wkend, cyclist n drivers both thought no other vehicles n make their illegal moves n then, BANG! See how long they can mess with it.
    agreed. i was at a right turn at Upper Thomson, notorious for accidents.. and this cyclist on a road bike speeds past my bike before i can make my right turn. gave me a rude shock.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

agreed. i was at a right turn at Upper Thomson, notorious for accidents.. and this cyclist on a road bike speeds past my bike before i can make my right turn. gave me a rude shock.
    Go to any bicyclist forum and you will see how they complain Singapore drivers how selfish and don't give them the space.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai

Go to any bicyclist forum and you will see how they complain Singapore drivers how selfish and don't give them the space.
    Agreed!! They complain driver and driver complain them.

There are bad driver and bad cyclist. It just take one bad driver/cyclist to keep them complaining!!!

I am one bad driver at times! When I drive there are some driver/biker/cyclist who like to 'follow' close to your left/right blind spot even after u signal for 5-10Sec and they just 'follow' nor speed up to give clearance.

Once u change lane they will horn u all the way till there come over to your driver seat and give I a 'hand signal' before speeding up and go far off!!!

Actually the worse road user is the pedestrian. Riding enough time on a car, motorbike, bicycle and a pedestrian myself, I can safely say that many, not all, pedestrian thinks they own the pavement, the traffic light, the road.

Especially now with the widespread use of smartphone, I've encountered enough time where many simply keep on using the smartphone without looking up. Add to that the use of iem or heaadphones, they're practically in a world of their own. Many times have I witnessed near misses and was nearly involved in one myself. I've encountered kids just dashing across the road, people thinking that bicycle tracks are for jogging purposes only and scream and shout at cyclist. Jaywalking..... Etc

today got one bike, while i turning left, he from left cut to my right (cannot understand why he do this) and turn with me....... sweat...... then i saw him from rear mirror change lane from 3rd to 1st....... not uncle type but those wear nice expensive outfit cyclist....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

That's true, and it's because there are many drivers in Singapore (and abroad too) who don't abide by the rules, don't give adequate clearance, and act as if bikes shouldn't be on the road (they are, legally speaking) and are just there to make their lives difficult. As a driver and cyclist, I've seen both sides of the argument.

The truth is a lot of Singaporean road users (drivers & cyclists) are SELFISH, and cannot see beyond their own needs.

If you spend any time on the biking forums, you'll probably notice that these types of roadies (the cyclists in the video) are despised by other cycling enthusiasts. Their flagrant disregard for the rules of the road make things difficult for other, law-abiding cyclists.

It also doesn't help that the TP have a simplistic view of road-safety for cyclists. I refer to this asinine video:
    Traffic Police - Safety Video : Pedal Cyclist - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post