Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kids Nowadays... Rude to seniors..

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kids Nowadays... Rude to seniors..

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    You may not respect the individual but you still pay at least some basic respect towards their profession.

YouTube Video ID No. MTRZRRIA4SW
    rofl. did you know that the NCOs basically mutinied against that guy, sorbel?

this was after winters became higher ranked than sorbel. sorbel was sore for it.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    rofl. did you know that the NCOs basically mutinied against that guy, sorbel?

this was after winters became higher ranked than sorbel. sorbel was sore for it.
    He was portrayed quite negatively in the miniseries. Many 101st veterans did credited him for training and turning out one of the best trained companies in the 506th.

Attempted suicide by shooting himself in the head decades later, ended up blind instead and finally dying of malnutrition in a nursing home.

BTW, then Lieutenant Richard Winters did know about the plan for mutiny and tried to dissuade the NCOs from it but this fact was not shown in the miniseries.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 17th June 2012 at 05:55 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

He was portrayed quite negatively in the miniseries. Many 101st veterans did credited him for training and turning out one of the best trained companies in the 506th.

Attempted suicide by shooting himself in the head decades later, ended up blind instead and finally dying of malnutrition in a nursing home.

BTW, then Lieutenant Richard Winters did know about the plan for mutiny and tried to dissuade the NCOs from it but this fact was not shown in the miniseries.
    there needs to be a bad-ass that everyone hates in a show

Blog Entries

i know. i also know his stint in the pacific (korean war). etc etc.

thats why i was puzzled when you showed this clip, because it says nothing about respect etc, and if taken in its context, ironic.
    it still doesn't change the fact he had no respect from a good number of his men during his stint in the 506th, and only after ww2 they credited him.

as i said, respect is earned. not given. he earned it after a long time.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 17th June 2012 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    i know. i also know his stint in the pacific (korean war). etc etc.

thats why i was puzzled when you showed this clip, because it says nothing about respect etc, and if taken in its context, ironic.
    it still doesn't change the fact he had no respect from a good number of his men during his stint in the 506th, and only after ww2 they credited him.

as i said, respect is earned. not given. he earned it after a long time.
    Agreed that it is not the best of an example. My point is that Captain Sober still have to pay his respect by saluting Major Winters, someone which he had personally trained and now a superior officer despite his unhappiness with him. As much as one is expected to pay at least some level of decent respect to somebody in certain positions such as an elder or a senior etc. etc. even if one may not respect them on an individual and personal level, this is even more so especially in a Confucius society such as ours.

I know of numerous OCs who I absolutely will not charge into a battle with but doesn't mean I go around dissing them straight at their face.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 17th June 2012 at 08:58 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Blog Entries

Agreed that it is not the best of an example. My point is that Captain Sober still have to pay his respect by saluting Major Winters, someone which he had personally trained and now a superior officer despite his unhappiness with him. As much as one is expected to pay at least some level of decent respect to somebody in certain positions such as an elder or a senior etc. etc. even if one may not respect them on an individual and personal level, this is even more so especially in a Confucius society such as ours.

I know of numerous OCs who I absolutely will not charge into a battle with but doesn't mean I go around dissing them straight at their face.
    then that is not real respect what... that one is just for show/wayang/paying compliment. inside your heart u can diss that person.
    its more of courtesy...

i use respect for a more specific meaning. you really have to feel awe, somewhat idolise, and that person must inspire you, hence a certain way you treat that person.

the boy's manners in toilet bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by moveslikejagger92
    the boy's manners in toilet bowl.
    Worse.. Its a girl..
    No wonder we have low population

actually, the parents are to blame. my cousins, aunts are teachers and you know what? parents abuse them because they're "Public Servants" and must listen to the public. they abuse them, tell their kids the teachers are wrong, that the teacher is rubbish blah blah blah.

with parents like these, it's no wonder that their kids are without manners towards authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post

actually, the parents are to blame. my cousins, aunts are teachers and you know what? parents abuse them because they're "Public Servants" and must listen to the public. they abuse them, tell their kids the teachers are wrong, that the teacher is rubbish blah blah blah.

with parents like these, it's no wonder that their kids are without manners towards authorities.
    True.. I've heard stories of parents bullying teacher, especially in elite institutions where their parents are the rich and powerful.
    I think the kids should be given this speech.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12