Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photo A by camera B

Quite common. Pick up any photography magazine and usually the camera, lens and settings are all stated. Not to "show off" but to inform the reader, just in case they are interested in the technicalities of the shot. Sometimes they even provide lighting diagrams.

If you check early postings in clubsnap, you will quite alot are posted with the exif details typed out for easy reference.

Its just useful information. Unless the guy has an equipment fetish and just wants to brag...

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Quite common. Pick up any photography magazine and usually the camera, lens and settings are all stated. Not to "show off" but to inform the reader, just in case they are interested in the technicalities of the shot. Sometimes they even provide lighting diagrams.

If you check early postings in clubsnap, you will quite alot are posted with the exif details typed out for easy reference.

Its just useful information. Unless the guy has an equipment fetish and just wants to brag...

I agree. Sometimes, with the setup stated, it will be easier to advise the poster how to improve, ETC.

Quote Originally Posted by xmen2003
    I agree. Sometimes, with the setup stated, it will be easier to advise the poster how to improve, ETC.
    i agree...
    blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

i agree with Zplus and xmen...
    Budget wedding photographer :)

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus

Yeah I agree too. Err ... but my original question was not about having equipments used for the shot, being posted in the thread or signature level. I was curious about those appearing in the title.

oops! heehee :P well, someitmes i feel they put a picture there for the same reasons... like for example i saw one not too long ago titled "Picture taken with S5000" on another forum... obviously this fellow was either trying to tell people he had a fuji S5000 or that the S5000 was capable of taking the pictures he took - they were pretty good - good enuff to put some dslr users to shame :X haha honest! i cant' rem the link tho
    Budget wedding photographer :)

Quote Originally Posted by ParkertR
    oops! heehee :P well, someitmes i feel they put a picture there for the same reasons... like for example i saw one not too long ago titled "Picture taken with S5000" on another forum... obviously this fellow was either trying to tell people he had a fuji S5000 or that the S5000 was capable of taking the pictures he took - they were pretty good - good enuff to put some dslr users to shame :X haha honest! i cant' rem the link tho
    Good point there. But what if it backfires? Someone posts 'ABC Scenery Taken With 123 DSLR' but the photos are err ... terrible?

Relax guys, just opening this up for discussion. Dun flame me ok? On 2nd thoughts ... go ahead if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    Good point there. But what if it backfires? Someone posts 'ABC Scenery Taken With 123 DSLR' but the photos are err ... terrible?
    maybe that's the intention?
    eyes | head | feet | flickr | APAD: straight from camera

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123