Thread: Flower at mcritchie reservoir

Default Flower at mcritchie reservoir

This is a flower which was fallen on the road (the red line) at mcritchie reservoir. Although 50mm lens was most likely to used on human photography, I tried it on the flower and it seemed nice.

D300s, 50mm, f/2.2, 1/60s, ISO200

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Any area that you think progress should be make. Including, but not limited to composition (would it be better if the flower is put at other part of picture); aperture choices (would it be better if the depth of focus is larger or smaller)
    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    The fantastic color of nature? or the beauty of flower.
    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    We were hiking in the forest with a little bit tired, and a girl said "look, there is a flower".
    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    It's my first try with large aperture, so I do enjoy the blurred effect on the background.

Thank you.

Default Re: Flower at mcritchie reservoir

Interesting composition and colour. I kind of like it, but it seemed that the flower is abit soft.

(PS. 50mm is not normally used on human photography. It is a general purpose lens and can be use for lots of different photography genre.)
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Default Re: Flower at mcritchie reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Interesting composition and colour. I kind of like it, but it seemed that the flower is abit soft.

(PS. 50mm is not normally used on human photography. It is a general purpose lens and can be use for lots of different photography genre.)
    Thank you for comments! Yeah I think the flower has been left it's root for some time, and I didn't notice where it come from.