Thread: Giottos converter lens

Default Giottos converter lens

Anyone use Giottos converter lens before? Just tried a small 37mm 0.45xwide angle at the shop and its better than the canon 0.7x converter in terms of sharpness! wow! (and its less than half the price of the canon)

thnx!

ch

but it's likely to be not as wide. have tried some so called 0.5x wide angle which is only ~0.8+x!

Actually, don't believe the numbers lah, but it definitely will "widen your horizon"

it definitely will compromise the quality of your lens a little, but for fun, no harm lah.

... ehmmm.... a bit more info: actually I was testing the converter on a sony 3CCD vcam, not SLR lens, hence the 37mm mount size.... heehee.

anyway, sharpness was better than canon but the barrel distortion was quite bad on the Giottos at the corner.... but then we're looking at approx 22mm (35mm equi) which is very wide on a vcam!!! Its made in Japan and says Professional Series on the rim..... not bad for $55

maybe i'll try out the bigger mount converter on a canon lens one of these days.....

Hi Ris,

I have a 0.5x wide angle convertor I used on my Canon 18-55 kit lens, its converts to about 18-20mm (35mm equiv, after 1.6x crop). I tried 0.45X but vignette.

Its like a cheap 20mm lens! Now I always bring it(attached to my kit lens) along whenever I go for jalan-jalan shoot. At least can make full use of the kit lens. Don't aspect L quality though, for me quite acceptable.
    Last edited by TrailsofLife; 14th January 2005 at 12:58 AM.