Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft® Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)

Default Microsoft® Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    Seems like Windows has come up with a anti spyware program for Windows users.
    Hope this program is really useful, I just installed it.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi

IMHO, the best antispyware program is Mac OS X 10.3
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

That is the second best anti-spyware program .... the first is UNIX .... any variation of it ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawn
    Hi

haha!! no Arguements there

Hi

Less people are using Mac so it does not have as much spyware and virus like the Windows PC.
    If Mac will become as popular as Windows, then I 100% believe that there will be many virus, spyware and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Less people are using Mac so it does not have as much spyware and virus like the Windows PC.
    If Mac will become as popular as Windows, then I 100% believe that there will be many virus, spyware and etc.
    agreed. but not many people think rationally like this.

I tried the new anti-spyware by microsoft and I have to say it's one of the best out there in the market since it was from Giant before MS kindly bought over. Best of all, it's free. ( of coz, assuming u paid for windows )

Highly recommended. I avoided using IE for a while because of the spyware nonsense but this new antispyware made IE tolerable again

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic
    agreed. but not many people think rationally like this.

I tried the new anti-spyware by microsoft and I have to say it's one of the best out there in the market since it was from Giant before MS kindly bought over. Best of all, it's free. ( of coz, assuming u paid for windows )

Highly recommended. I avoided using IE for a while because of the spyware nonsense but this new antispyware made IE tolerable again
    Yes, I also installed the new antispyware from Microsoft. It detected and delected all the spyware in my com! So good man, now my com run faster than b4!!!

That's a myth. the reason why windows has so much viruses and spyware is that the architecture of the OS practically invites viruses and spyware and what nots, and plenty of smart kids with free time on their hands are finding it to be the ultimate playground for their uhmmmm..... creativity

this situation is further excaberated with "open" programs like IE, OutLook, ActiveX controls etc and the way Windows manages user permissions (or lack thereof)

that doesn't mean the Apple OS is perfect, but it is certainly far more secure than any Wintel platform.
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Not possible to be as much as Windows .......

Basically, it boils down to the security model of the operatig system. Mac 10.x is based on a unix system (BSD varient to be exact). The model is very much secure as compared to Windows as the creation of the OS is designed with Security in mind. For windows, it was designed to be a stand alone system that works on DOS and thus communication and network security was not part of the consideration when it was designed.

Thus to solve the problem of Windows security, the whole system has to be redesigned.

That's a myth. the reason why windows has so much viruses and spyware is that the architecture of the OS practically invites viruses and spyware and what nots, and plenty of smart kids with free time on their hands are finding it to be the ultimate playground for their uhmmmm..... creativity
    I will not say it's exactly a myth. If you look into the fundamental reason why someone would write a spyware or virus, it is usally to gain the most disastrous effect. Why would you want to write one for a OS with less users when you can hit a major target like Microsoft which everyone loves to hate anyway since they are the dominant player.

Another key reason is affordability. The windows machine is arguably cheaper than the Mac variants thus it's these smart kids who can experiement on these machines. Wait till you let loose the smart kids on a Mac, you get similar problems.

this situation is further excaberated with "open" programs like IE, OutLook, ActiveX controls etc and the way Windows manages user permissions (or lack thereof)

that doesn't mean the Apple OS is perfect, but it is certainly far more secure than any Wintel platform.
    "Open" standards are needed to increase productivity. With the additional power given to users/software development, there is a need to be responsible to use the features in an ethical way accordingly. Just like the design of a simple mailbox. Most of us use the mailbox to put in letters so that it will reach our intended recipents. However, malicious people can put a bomb into the mailbox turning it into a dangerous article. Therefore, should the mailbox design be changed such that a bomb can't go in and only accept extremely thin letters? This will inconvenice people with slightly thicker packages. Should each mailbox be armed with a bomb detector that will push up the cost of making a mailbox? This is an analogy of the dilema faced by software designers. The perfect OS is a myth. As everything in this world, there is always a compromise when you design something. Microsoft tries to make an OS for everybody. It is debatable whether they have successfully done so.

The Mac platform has been relatively secure because most of the software used on that platform is done inhouse by Apple themselves. When you introduce the element of 3rd party into any system, the prospect of problems grow exponentially.

With that said, the OS market will get even more interesting in the near future, with Microsoft's longhorn, Red Hat's Fedora Core, new Mac OS X (Tiger) etc. etc. Each of these OSes will have their own supporters but what's more important is that each of these OSes improve on their previous versions to give their users the best experience. After all, it is liken to C vs N is cameras.... who cares! as long as the best pictures come out.

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock

Basically, it boils down to the security model of the operatig system. Mac 10.x is based on a unix system (BSD varient to be exact). The model is very much secure as compared to Windows as the creation of the OS is designed with Security in mind. For windows, it was designed to be a stand alone system that works on DOS and thus communication and network security was not part of the consideration when it was designed.

Thus to solve the problem of Windows security, the whole system has to be redesigned.
    Sad to say, you are slightly outdated. Native DOS support in Windows have long disappeared. Networking security was designed into the OS since Windows NT days. Security have always been the focus of OS design whether it's Microsoft or not.

That's the problem.

Everyone thinks DOS is gone when u can do some really powerful shit in DOS mode.

Nowadays, everyone's finger-clickin' happy. No one seems to really touch da good ol' command line.

Chaotic, u might be slightly outdated but Macs no longer cost $5K apiece for a basic consumer model.

U can get one for like $928.

So basically the reasoning on "Macs = Expensive machines" are now invalid. Anyone who still says Macs are expensive and runs to throw $3K for a gaming system immediately after saying dat ought to be shot there and then.

if Mac...

wait long long the if... will still never come true. Mac will never become Windows...
    DR KOH KHO KING

I hope Mac dun go the way of mass exploits, lotsa virus, badly written coding for patches invite bugs upon bugs, where the entire OS is nothing but spyware, where hanging is so common and u press the start button to stop the computer, etc, etc.

Yes, Kho_King, Mac will never become Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Kho King
    if Mac...

wait long long the if... will still never come true. Mac will never become Windows...
    When Mac is popular one day, it will be like Windows...
    Ppl will start making spyware program to gain access to the information and etc...virus to steal your credit cards details and etc...
    It is only the matter of ONE DAY!!!
    I have my finger-crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic
    Sad to say, you are slightly outdated. Native DOS support in Windows have long disappeared. Networking security was designed into the OS since Windows NT days. Security have always been the focus of OS design whether it's Microsoft or not.
    hehehe ..... you are the one that has not learned the basics of NT ..... DOS support and no DOS support is no issue. It is build based on old CP/M idea with "Network" idea built into it, it is still a monokernel which has everything lumped together. Meaning if you alter one part of the program, the other 10 millions code will be affected (ok, I maybe over blown in this, but it does affect other codes), the advantage is on Monokernel, everything is integrated thus ease of use and "integration of peripherial code", but the downside is unless the original kernel is already flawless updating it is a killer ..... Security or rather network security was not part of the design idea, thus it has lots and lots of network security flaws which is not found in Unix.

Security was never the focus of Microsoft on OS, ease of use, easy graphical maintenance are. Until recently, which lots and lots of hiccups and lots and lots of cans of worm on Microsoft OS were opened, was then Longhorn was announced to address this issue.

bla bla bla ....... .....

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Chaotic, u might be slightly outdated but Macs no longer cost $5K apiece for a basic consumer model.

U can get one for like $928.

So basically the reasoning on "Macs = Expensive machines" are now invalid. Anyone who still says Macs are expensive and runs to throw $3K for a gaming system immediately after saying dat ought to be shot there and then.
    if you think $928 is cheap, try going SLS to see how much that $450 ( or even lower) can get you a PC that runs windows. (w/o windows of coz )

another reason why Micro$oft is so susceptible to virus/spywares/malware...is all those hackers are targetting them everyone is....that's why

but there are of coz viruses/spywares/malwares for unix/linux/mac i am sure just that...it's not common..
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast