Thread: Bench

Default Bench

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Good Day everyone. Please do critique my photo in any way. But to answer the question i would like to seek advise on my composition, point of focus and post processing. My shot looks underexposed on my phone but looks ok on my computer screen. Is this due to bad pp?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    When i shot this photo i was hoping to achieve the feeling of solitude and emptiness

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    This photo was taken at 6pm on a cloudy day at Pasir Ris beach. Photo was taken with a panasonic gf1 with the 14mm f2.5 at f8, 1s exposure, tripod used

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    I have been shooting for about 4 months now trying to find out where my interest is. Currently i like to shoot long exposure black white landscape/seascape and street. Initially i wanted to capture the sky because it looked great to me, but found that shooting the sky itself makes a pretty boring picture. So i decided to add in a foreground element to try to balance the photo. I like this shot because of its simplicity. I decided to go black and white as it removes distracting colors and focus more on the mood instead.

Bench by KC*, on Flickr

Thank you for your time. Do let me know if i posted something wrongly(first photo post)
    Last edited by KCsnapshot; 14th June 2012 at 07:43 AM.

Default Re: Bench

Nice skies captured. It does have the emptiness feeling to it. I do find the building on the far right alittle distracting. For someone who only started photography 4 months ago, this is a good photo. keep shooting! Cheers

Default Re: Bench

Thanks for the comment. I never noticed the buildings until you mentioned it. Will keep that in mind next time.