Thread: Will this combination affect the picture quality

Default Will this combination affect the picture quality

I was thinking of combining the UV filter and circular polorising filter together which of course the UV filter will be in-front of the circular polorising filter so does this affect the picture quality.

i do not think it will, unless you are worried about vignetting on a wide angle lens..

Quote Originally Posted by trenyi
    I was thinking of combining the UV filter and circular polorising filter together which of course the UV filter will be in-front of the circular polorising filter so does this affect the picture quality.
    I think there are no point putting a UV filter on when you have a circular polorisar.

hmm, i think for most pple, the UV is a stay on filter. so the polariser usually goes on top of it. Erm, at least for me its like that.

the UV filter is just a protection over the lens... (for my case) if i using a polariser, den it should be over the UV... no harm done yet... but tat depends on the quality of UV & cir-pol...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

If you are trying to improve image quality, there is no necessity for a UV filter if you are using a CP. If its just for convenience, depending on the lens and filters used, there is a risk of vignetting.

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    hmm, i think for most pple, the UV is a stay on filter. so the polariser usually goes on top of it. Erm, at least for me its like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    the UV filter is just a protection over the lens... (for my case) if i using a polariser, den it should be over the UV... no harm done yet... but tat depends on the quality of UV & cir-pol...

Yes Laugh and Del_ctrlnoAlt ..... I know where you are coming from, but look at his idea .... he is thinking of putting the UV filter INFRONT of the circular poloriser .... which I think is very redundent ........

But come to think of it, if I put on a circular poloriser, I would remove my UV filter ......

a. A piece of glass infront does reduce certain amount of quality, however neligible it might be.

b. Just a habit ;D