View Poll Results: How much to do you charge for actual wedding day services?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • $300 and below

14 7.18%
  • $301 to $500

22 11.28%
  • $501 to $700

33 16.92%
  • $701 and $800

26 13.33%
  • $801 to $1200

46 23.59%
  • $1201 and above

54 27.69%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789

Thread: How much do you charge for actual day wedding

Deregistered

Default Re: How much do you charge for actual day wedding

Quote Originally Posted by canturn View Post
    Actually Joho, I rated my film at iso 200 and shot in dark ballroom at 4 Seasons, still got 1/8 shutter speed, no flash

I agree with Joho with regards to doing wedding for portfolio sake. But always make sure there's a photographer who's willing to let you tag along. I would say, for the 1st few weddings, don't shoot, just observe and learn.

If you go solo and charge low in order to get your wedding portfolio, beware what lies ahead. If you mess up people's wedding pictures, they have every reasons to sue you for amounts that are many times more than what you are charging.

Coming to that, the concern isn't how much these new photographers are charging, but a lot of them operate without proper biz practice - the most crucial thing like the wedding contract is not in place. Trust me, operating without a proper contract can get you bankrupt, believe it or not. For example, by default, when a couple commissions you to shoot their wedding, the copyright belongs to them. You can check it out http://www.ipos.gov.sg/main/aboutip/...ipnrights.html

So technically, you can charge $300 for a wedding, but if you don't pen down on your agreement that copyright belong solely to you, they can use your images for many things that you can imagine, plus, they can also prevent you from using their images for purpose of portfolio. Do you know that if you happened to have a really well taken image, couple can also sell it for amounts more than $300 per image?
    Just check with this company. I am sure they are still using the drumscan for all their negative..

A&P
    6 Aljunied Ave 3 #01-02
    Singapore 389932
    6746 0188

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Winsonapm View Post
    Business comes first.

Have the poll on nett hourly rates instead on package, e.g.
    A) $301 and above
    B) $201 to $300
    C) $151 to $200
    D) $101 to $150
    E) $76 to $100
    F) $50 to $75 (I suspect there’re quite a few in this cat, with 300 4R and album
    thrown in. May not even nett $50 per hour.)

A topic on business, monies and survival will always be interesting. The same issue and struggle even after 20 years.
    Winson is A&P still using the drumscan for all your negative...

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas68 View Post
    Winson is A&P still using the drumscan for all your negative...
    Sorry for the OT here.
    nicholas68, thank you for remembering. What negative? Hahaha, haven't heard of this term for a while. Our drum-scanner is still in shrink-wrap after the move to Tampines. We’re mainly working with a high-end flat-bed CCD scanner, both from Dainippon Screen. With 99% digital, our scanners will be museum pieces soon.

A & P CO-ORDINATOR PTE LTD
    37, Tampines St 92,
    Standard Form Bldg
    Singapore 528885
    Tel: +65 6746 0188 ext. 331
    Fax: +65 6787 0590
    Websites: www.apmedia.com www.kikuze.com
    just1book, no kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Winsonapm View Post
    Sorry for the OT here.
    nicholas68, thank you for remembering. What negative? Hahaha, haven't heard of this term for a while. Our drum-scanner is still in shrink-wrap after the move to Tampines. We’re mainly working with a high-end flat-bed CCD scanner, both from Dainippon Screen. With 99% digital, our scanners will be museum pieces soon.

A & P CO-ORDINATOR PTE LTD
    37, Tampines St 92,
    Standard Form Bldg
    Singapore 528885
    Tel: +65 6746 0188 ext. 331
    Fax: +65 6787 0590
    Websites: www.apmedia.com www.kikuze.com

Hi Winsonapm,

Sorry to hear that the Colour Drum-scanning service are into the 'sunset' phase.

These are use to be the cash-cow during the 80s and 90s ( paying at $25 a scan ! ) -- before the High-quality desktop consumer grade Flat-bed scanners flooded the market in the Mid-90s, while digital medium format comes of age in late 90s.

However, scans of Transparancies ( Slides ) still out-perform any digitla imaging devices out there ( in terms of Dynamic range ), if you know what i mean ... however, due to cost and long-term savings, Publishing Houses and production trades are using "inferior" digital captures from digital cams, and make do with the poorer quality for the final proofs, and eventually to the offset printing.

It's like going forward in the digital publising revolutions, doesn't mean BETTER reproduction and printing output quality, as compared to the era of 80's printing - from magazines, books to advertsising posters, etc.

Well, every industry has it's cycle, and only business people who see it coming and make timely changes / restructuring are the Ones who will progress and thrive.

Any updates on the direct-to-plate or direct-to-print technologies ?

Blog Entries

I am closing this thread. There are far too many Off Topic discussion. I will not hesitate to issue infraction to those who OT here in this Photo Biz Forum.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789