View Poll Results: How much to do you charge for actual wedding day services?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • $300 and below

14 7.18%
  • $301 to $500

22 11.28%
  • $501 to $700

33 16.92%
  • $701 and $800

26 13.33%
  • $801 to $1200

46 23.59%
  • $1201 and above

54 27.69%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you charge for actual day wedding

Default Re: How much do you charge for actual day wedding

Quote Originally Posted by drumma View Post
    how true. i really thank some of the pros who taught me how to price properly and when to reject customers.

a close relative of mine wanted to hire me and i told her that i charge $100/hr.
    service required was 2 hours. so in total is 2 hours. just CD given at the end.

few days before shoot, she asked me if i can include an album for her, and do some shots of the event company(she got an event company to do her ROM) as portfolio. i told her that the pitures the event company needs to be used have to be charged extra.
    she said she can't afford and wants everything at $200 and told me that the event will be of portfolio use to me.

i told her that i really can't do it at $200 for everything and in the end, guess what. she found someone for $200! prolly at least 4 hours of photography! an album! need to do some designs for the event company perhaps! and endless complaints to follow.

an advice i'll like to give the ppl who's starting out(not that i'm any pro or what), is that pricing urself cheaply is really not the way to go. if u price urself cheaply, ur client will really squeeze every cent out of you and, all your referrals will be of that price. don't grumble if all your clients come wanting you to shoot them at $200 for everything cos you brought it upon yourself.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by ckuang View Post
    Actually, on the contrary, I think all those new entrants who wanted to be wedding photographers now want to to be real estate agents. For awhile, it seemd like half the country wanted to be wedding photographers. Over the last few months, half the country wants to be real estate agents now.
    Me too
    It's never easy being a professional wedding photographer, imagine printing for you guys
    just1book, no kidding!

For related Articles and Threads :

>> http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=212945

have a Nice Long weekends !

Happy Holiday !

Quote Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
    For related Articles and Threads :

>> http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=212945

have a Nice Long weekends !

Happy Holiday !
    Your input from that thread (#5) seems to shows that you are afraid competition. So you are implying people should use EOS1D or D2X when taking wedding photos? The rest of the cam are just toys to you. What a boastful statement. Everyone start from somewhere, if you are good you shouldn't be scared.
    Last edited by morningstar; 4th June 2007 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
    Your input from that thread (#5) seems to shows that you are afraid competition. So you are implying people should use EOS1D or D2X when taking wedding photos? The rest of the cam are just toys to you. What a boastful statement. Everyone start from somewhere, if you are good you shouldn't be scared.
    Dear morningstar,

I think you may have mis-read or mistaken ... On the contrary, i am NOT afraid of competition.

In the matter-of-fact, for those whom have know me or study "Me", would knew that i have always advocate and welcome competitions -- it is competition, whereby Clients will have MORE option to choose and select, what not only money could BUY, but also what kind of services and experiences level ( of the photogs ) wedding couples are investing in or looking at -- it is a betterment ( money ) and progress ( quality of works ) for the industry as a whole.

Anyway, here's one of my fav quotation, written during an inspirational moment when having an exchange with someone back in 2004, at the 'FemaleBrideOnline.com wedding forum' ... hahahahah

"Professionalism is an attitude toward customer service, truthful,
    reliability, performance and production consistency.

It is not about high quality or beautiful Pictures and images
    ( because this is already expected of you, in the first place
    in the professional realm ).

It is neither about owning the world greatest Cameras, exotic lenses,
    or even a posh studio or shop-front.

However, i believe One of the most important aspects
    to becoming a Professional Wedding Photographer is -- Humility."
    -- NickGoh, 2004

Dear To-whom-may-it-concern,

Isn't it more beneficial to 'study' from someone whom have been there, rather than 'fighting' with him/her ??

What good to you if YOU having been looking at your short-comings and blaming anyone or everyone whom seems like holding you back or an obstacle to you ??

Why Don't you transfer and turn that Negative energy into a Positive One, that brings you the push factor that put you in the road to excellence, rather and self-pity and frustration will only eat you inside-out.

Adversity is an opportunity -- see it and transformed it to your advantage -- or you'll be at it's mercy and manipulations -- Your choice.
    Last edited by Enchanted; 4th June 2007 at 11:40 PM.

Isn't it more beneficial to 'study' from someone whom have been there, rather than 'fighting' with him/her ??

What good to you if YOU having been looking at your short-comings and blaming anyone or everyone whom seems like holding you back or an obstacle to you ??

Why Don't you transfer and turn that Negative energy into a Positive One, that brings you the push factor that put you in the road to excellence, rather and self-pity and frustration will only eat you inside-out.

Adversity is an opportunity -- see it and transformed it to your advantage -- or you'll be at it's mercy and manipulations -- Your choice.
    You sound "LIKE" a real pro. I only know each to his/her own. One person art an other trash. If you been there done it there no need to prove anything and tell people to look favourably to your views Oh to add that my view only no need for reply. But if you wish to by all mean, I would not reply
    Last edited by singscott; 5th June 2007 at 01:22 AM.

Well said! Clap! Clap! Clap! Wooohooo! I redirect this reply BACK to you (As you need it more). You are the one who feel "irritated" and "agitated", just go back read you #5 in that thread again. Again this reply is very boastful, you sounds like you are the no.1 phographer in Singapore leh......

... so sad

Again this reply is very boastful, you sounds like you are the no.1 phographer in Singapore leh......
    from previous photos posted........ n also his "new" concept of PP that insisted will the "n" things....... don't look like one
    Nikon D3, AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8 G ED, AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED and Speedlight SB-800

To each their own.
    If you think you're worth $500/day, charge $500/day.
    If you think you're not earning enough, either up your price or shoot a few more jobs.
    If you want to charge more than $500/day, either upgrade your skills, PR or marketing. If can do all 3, better, though some just do 1 or 2.

Just remember, " don't have such a big head, don't wear such a big hat, it'll cover your eyes and you may end up in the longkang "
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post

Just remember, " don't have such a big head, don't wear such a big hat, it'll cover your eyes and you may end up in the longkang "
    Yah man! The real gurus are the ones who are silent and humble. I believe that chap is running a biz, after reading his posting, I am sure not to patronise his photography service.

Yah man! The real gurus are the ones who are silent and humble. I believe that chap is running a biz, after reading his posting, I am sure not to patronise his photography service.

I can't but laugh at your child-like rationale and postings ...

Anway, if you are interested my average wedding day package is at $2.5K only, ... and my last tentative booking from a recent client is at Wedding day $3,888 Photo + $988 Video.

I know this is nothing compared to other Top Pros here, but i am happy with what i am charging, so far ... may up another 30% Next Year.

Until then, see you.

To each their own.
    If you think you're worth $500/day, charge $500/day.
    If you think you're not earning enough, either up your price or shoot a few more jobs.
    If you want to charge more than $500/day, either upgrade your skills, PR or marketing. If can do all 3, better, though some just do 1 or 2.

Hi morningstar
    My earlier post was not directed at anyone. It's just that too often there are people who, wanting to earn more, just up their price and than go around saying that others who charge lower are undercutting the market. I don't claim to be very good at wedding shoots but I belive that I'm charging what I feel I'm worth.

The part about falling into a longkang,........ it came from personnal expericence a long time ago
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

The unwillingness of singapore to pay for photography only reflect one thing. singaporeans are generally poor but greedy, if not stingy. Preferably, they would want all photos, good skills and free of charges.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbeng View Post
    The unwillingness of singapore to pay for photography only reflect one thing. singaporeans are generally poor but greedy, if not stingy. Preferably, they would want all photos, good skills and free of charges.
    true.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I attribute this more to lack of education. Every hotel has raised their prices for banquet, and each of them are booked a year in advance for their weekend weddings. And if they can afford to pay a 5-figure sum for a wedding, it's up to you how you want to convince them what they are paying for.

Same reason why some people would spend the money for a Patek Philppe watch instead of buying a Rolex

I woun't say that Singaporean are "poor but greedy, if not stingy". Many just don't see the value of spending good money on something which they don't really understand and precived to be a simple job. It's up to each one of us to edu/convince/market to them that we're worth the amount we charge. If they are convinced by you, good. If not, try harder.

I woun't say that Singaporean are "poor but greedy, if not stingy". Many just don't see the value of spending good money on something which they don't really understand and precived to be a simple job. It's up to each one of us to edu/convince/market to them that we're worth the amount we charge. If they are convinced by you, good. If not, try harder.
    this is again true.

main food for thought, if i can get one for free, why should i bother to pay?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    this is again true.

main food for thought, if i can get one for free, why should i bother to pay?
    You'll be surprised, people are very well-informed these days. And those who are willing to pay premium for wedding photography won't buy into these free thingy.

Don't mind sharing with you guys, nowadays, the first questions that couples ask me when we meet up or even over the phone, is not "How much do you charge ar?" . Their common questions are "are you the one who shot the photos on your website and will you be the one photographing our wedding?" or "are you the one doing the photography or you have associates to do for you?" or "Will you be available on <date>?"

Also, the meeting with couples these days is never about pricing, and even if we do talk about it, it's just a matter of clarification. Best part is, they NEVER bargain... when I was charging half of my current fees now, most couples come with little intention to look at your work and 90% of the time it was about negotiating the lowest price for them, esp the part when they start asking for extra 100 x 4R prints because another photographer who charges the same price as you is offering 400 instead of 300 x 4R.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast