Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to get these type of shots?

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Yup, the light falloff is easily doable. The color cast though looks like some in-camera settings.
    I am sure the pro was allow time to do some basic DI..

Light falloff is so much better done in post since you can control how much, the shape, and the falloff. Color cast really looks like white balance tweaking (or wrong white balance, depending on what you want to portray)

stack a lot of filter above one another. one of which must be coloured filter. shoot at wide end

To me it looks like the strobe is the one that gives that circular effect. Colorwise, maybe white balance is 'wrong' or they make it warmer using software

Don't see the need to use filters. You can get the same results using photo manipulation softwares within a minute.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prajna View Post
    To me it looks like the strobe is the one that gives that circular effect. Colorwise, maybe white balance is 'wrong' or they make it warmer using software
    That is my conclusion as well, looking at how the vignetting is not centered, as well as how it is much much less in the 2nd picture. The small softbox is the cause of the vignetting.

do correct me if I'm wrong but I think I saw Ts ask how to shoot this without post production of any sort. I could have seen wrongly so do let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    do correct me if I'm wrong but I think I saw Ts ask how to shoot this without post production of any sort. I could have seen wrongly so do let me know
    Yes he did say that. But some of us are just trying to recommend him a better and easier way to create the effect he desires.

the easy way is to post produce. I fully agree with this. but that's not the question the Ts is asking. perhaps he is keen on learning the photographic method instead of photoshop method

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12