Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: How to get these type of shots?

  1. #1

    Default How to get these type of shots?

    Hi to all the experts here, I saw these shots on DRTV... Wondering how you can make these type of shots without post processing.

    sorry for the noob question...



    Last edited by chgoh25; 12th June 2012 at 02:46 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    do you want to achieve the color or the vignetting(dark corners)?

  3. #3

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    Quote Originally Posted by photoart View Post
    do you want to achieve the color or the vignetting(dark corners)?
    both of them.. the white light in the studio was somehow changed to the colours in the photo..

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chgoh25

    both of them.. the white light in the studio was somehow changed to the colours in the photo..
    ?????????????????

  5. #5

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    Without post processing? Maybe film?
    I not sure about that but I do PP if I want that kind of finishing.

  6. #6

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    sorry.. im not sure if it can be done without PP so i asked here.. is it something to do with the lighting in the studio?

  7. #7

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    ?????????????????
    sorry.. dunno if they changed any lighting settings. i dont have any experience in studio photography so i asked...

  8. #8

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    Quote Originally Posted by derricklam View Post
    Without post processing? Maybe film?
    I not sure about that but I do PP if I want that kind of finishing.
    im prettty sure they used dslr..

  9. #9

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    you can try using color filters on your lens

  10. #10

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    Quote Originally Posted by photoart View Post
    you can try using color filters on your lens
    i see... thanks!

    how about the vignetting? how did they achieve that?

  11. #11

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    Quote Originally Posted by chgoh25 View Post
    i see... thanks!

    how about the vignetting? how did they achieve that?
    if in a studio setting, use directional lights (maybe with a snoot) to illuminate the centre only, leaving the corners underexposed

  12. #12

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    A few clicks and drags on the sliders and the effect is there already ...

  13. #13

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    white balance, saturation and curves.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    You can try to stack two or more filters which will give you the four corner vignetting.
    As for the colour, you can try sepia filter and stack it on.

  15. #15

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    Quote Originally Posted by chgoh25 View Post
    im prettty sure they used dslr..
    Doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Rashkae; 12th June 2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Alpha

  16. #16

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    To TS:

    1. You cut off the watermarks and gave no credit to the original photographer. This makes what you did plagiarism.

    2. Are you 100% suuuuuuuure they did not post process? This is about 5 minutes in photoshop with ANY camera.

    3. If there was no photoshop, it could be reddish/pink gel on the strobes, lower saturation in the camera settings, and a too-small lens hood for vignette. But honestly, that's a lot of effort and you risk everything - if the shots don't come out just right it's very hard to rescue. Which is why I am sure they shot it normally then did post processing. This way they have the most creative leeway.
    Alpha

  17. #17
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    Quote Originally Posted by chgoh25 View Post
    sorry.. dunno if they changed any lighting settings. i dont have any experience in studio photography so i asked...
    If you do not have experience in studio photography... then we can't possibly explain to make you understand.

    BTW... the photos are from here...

    Last edited by daredevil123; 12th June 2012 at 07:48 PM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    If you do not have experience in studio photography... then we can't possibly explain to make you understand.

    BTW... the photos are from here...
    Yup, so it did not look like he used colored gels (maybe not allowed to in that short time) but There could have been simple changes to white balance to a warmer tone and/or add a red filter in the camera processing, then apply sepia then lower saturation. Lighting wise, it's easy to get vignetting in a studio environment because you have control over the lighting.
    Alpha

  19. #19
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Yup, so it did not look like he used colored gels (maybe not allowed to in that short time) but There could have been simple changes to white balance to a warmer tone and/or add a red filter in the camera processing, then apply sepia then lower saturation. Lighting wise, it's easy to get vignetting in a studio environment because you have control over the lighting.
    Actually, it is possible to get the light fall off. Just look at the small Elinchrome portalite softbox...

  20. #20

    Default Re: How to get these type of shots?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Actually, it is possible to get the light fall off. Just look at the small Elinchrome portalite softbox...
    Yup, the light falloff is easily doable. The color cast though looks like some in-camera settings.
    Alpha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •