Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65

Thread: AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G VR to be Release soon.

  1. #1
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Hi, anyone to grab this lens to instead of your older AFS 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G non VR lens?
    Cause the price still remain as 2nd hand value on $400+/- also comes with not as good condition.

    Thanks.

    The link : http://nikonrumors.com/
    Last edited by rain5533; 12th June 2012 at 07:50 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G VR to be Release soon.

    Managed to grab the older version last year at $400 from another CSer. Condition is mint coz he uses it less than 10 times. Its my backup and usual travel walk about lens.

  3. #3
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirei
    Managed to grab the older version last year at $400 from another CSer. Condition is mint coz he uses it less than 10 times. Its my backup and usual travel walk about lens.
    Ha ha is a depend your luck to grab it.

    Mine is bad the cond like less than 7 and no hood the price still keep strong and can't offer to letting go.. So I had bad experience on it

  4. #4
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533

    Ha ha is a depend your luck to grab it.

    Mine is bad the cond like less than 7 and no hood the price still keep strong and can't offer to letting go.. So I had bad experience on it
    And u still buy?

    U should have walked away frm the deal, unless u willingly want it.

    Takes 2 to clap.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Anyway, seems likely to be a nice travel lens.

    Lets wait for the announcement.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  6. #6
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake

    And u still buy?

    U should have walked away frm the deal, unless u willingly want it.

    Takes 2 to clap.
    After viewing and decide to withdraw the deal.

  7. #7
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    Anyway, seems likely to be a nice travel lens.

    Lets wait for the announcement.
    Not only for travels purpose and can be do many thing, like wedding & event as much more, cause has a lightweight design...

    Also same like the DX kit lens equivalent to 18-55mm.

    Nice to hear it news! The next to be waiting for D600 only.
    Last edited by rain5533; 12th June 2012 at 08:38 AM.

  8. #8
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G VR to be Release soon.

    I had one, the AFS 24-85. No hood, and all the golden words faded already... but I still managed to sell it within hours of posting... maybe I sold too cheap?

    Image quality is actually quite good actually... If covering events or weddings with flash, the lens is very useful.

  9. #9
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123
    I had one, the AFS 24-85. No hood, and all the golden words faded already... but I still managed to sell it within hours of posting... maybe I sold too cheap?

    Image quality is actually quite good actually... If covering events or weddings with flash, the lens is very useful.
    Ha ha you quick so fast...

  10. #10
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G VR to be Release soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    Ha ha you quick so fast...
    I sold it for 250...

  11. #11
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    I sold it for 250...
    Hmm same like eBay markets..

    Ok don't talk about buy & sell section here,

    Just wait for the news coming up!

  12. #12

    Default Re: AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G VR to be Release soon.

    I know a shop which sells BNIB mint condition 24-85 f3.5-4.5g with golden box, hood & all for $400. I bought 2 before upgrading my lenses. They are NOS. I wonder how much they will sell this latest version. This medium focal length zoom is great as a all round general purpose lens, especially for travels.
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 15th June 2012 at 05:52 AM.

  13. #13
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G VR to be Release soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc View Post
    I know a shop which sells BNIB mint condition 24-85 f3.5-4.5g with golden box, hood & all for $400. I bought 2 before upgrading my lenses. They are NOS. I wonder how much they will sell this latest version. This medium focal length zoom is great as a all round general purpose lens, especially for travels.
    Price on B&H is already out ... RRP $599 usd.

  14. #14

    Default

    Under $700 for this len .. any bro got it and can give some feedback .. ?

    Very tempted to get this light len for casual shooting ..

  15. #15

    Default

    24-70 too heavy, 24-120 tonns of distortion and heavy, i guess this is the lightest zoom i can find at the moment .. haha

  16. #16

    Default Re: AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G VR to be Release soon.

    Don't forget got VR some more. Great alternative for the 24-70mm for travelling use.

  17. #17

    Default

    Ya .. if no vr then it wouldnt be attractive .. haha

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    717

    Default Re: AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G VR to be Release soon.

    Was quoted $655 incl. gst last week.

  19. #19

    Default

    Wow .. Good deal, mind pm me where to find this deal ? Thk

  20. #20

    Default

    Just went nsc to test out the len, its comparable in sharpness to 24-120 f4, but more distortion at all focal length, especially 35mm (worst) and 50mm. Image quality drop when at 70mm or 85mm, but acceptable to me.

    Well af speed is exactly like the old dx 18-70 kit len or 18-105 vr, nothing to be ashame of considering the price its selling.

    I think its worth the buy .. distortion can be corrected by software, just have to bear with the af speed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •