Thread: An Evening at Marina Bay Sands

Default An Evening at Marina Bay Sands

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Exposure and lightning

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    Any suggestions and comments are welcome as this is my first time posting my work

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    this is a handheld shot.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
    Personally I love the curvature, is just that I din use the tripod so I'm not sure whether it's tilted :/

Default Re: An Evening at Marina Bay Sands

I think this is a nice, neat shot. Not obviously tilted though it was handheld.

But something's lacking to make it better... maybe you might share what are your thoughts of what you're trying to achieve so the pros here (not me =p) can guide you better

I agree with thoongeng..... is quite a nice shot and not obviously tilted too.

I have taken many shots inside this mall and really did not post any and is because i realize a few things myself. It will be good to try again and this time you will make sure that all the shops are lighted up. If you look at the left side and on the second level is dark and somehow lost the lead lines. You can either clone off the logo below the frame or have it full in the frame. and for me, I prefer to clone it off.
    Last edited by MGohzxc; 13th June 2012 at 10:06 PM.

Hi Angeline,

I see alot of lines and curves in the picture, which is a good thing. But these lines doesn't lead my eyes to anything, which is not a good thing.

you need to have a subject of interest. unless you are trying do do something abstract.

Keep shooting

Thanks for the comments, will work hard in that area. Yea I din realise the left part line become darker as I only concentrate on the curvature of the ceiling .