Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freelance/Pro AD Wedding photogs? Market is bad?

Supply will come after demand, this is show how the (wedding photography) market sentiment now.

I can sense the overall price will go down a little, not so many customers will take the higher package, for me donít think will do much ROM this year.

In fact, quite a numbers of potential customers of mine go for cheaper photographers liao.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Supply will come after demand, this is show how the (wedding photography) market sentiment now.

I can sense the overall price will go down a little, not so many customers will take the higher package, for me donít think will do much ROM this year.

In fact, quite a numbers of potential customers of mine go for cheaper photographers liao.
    Not too bad for me, met up with clients who appreciate what I can give them and took me instead, 3 so far for this year and counting

I also chanced upon a forum whereby my services for AD was discussed as too expensive, oh well... to each their own

If we speak the same languange we will not have this thread So I come up a poll to help all of us to gauge, are we undercharging? So do it and find out http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=110914

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind
    Hmmm, kinda puzzled me that you started this thread and asked the question?

When it's you also that started this one...
    Yo Bro, really no offence to you or to any full-timers, like i said an AD is at least 11 hours very very conservatively speaking. For my advertised $60/h rate, we multiply it over and it's 660 service only. Don't think that is too low for my bracket, in fact it's high.

----------------
    AhV and Belle&Sebastian, will bear your pts in mind, they do make sense. Just been getting a lot of queries about them liking my portfolio but price is too high..... Kindly and patiently explain lor...but you get stuff like "my friend could do better you know".

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    ----------------
    Kindly and patiently explain lor...but you get stuff like "my friend could do better you know".
    i do get that kind of clients (not from wedding) so i tell them, go ask your friend to it, some weight you down in neg for hours and trying to cut your corners for discount. to those ppl i will subcharge everything like styling and props, etc. i rather lose the job then make my life unhappy working with idiots.

so most of the time, their friends own a digital ixus and you know the rest. they give in to you at the end, esp if time is tight on their side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12