Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Apple Mac mini - Wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    I dun get it. You put it on your table and look longingly at it?

I thought computers belonged UNDER the desk.

But then I guess I'm a dinosaur.
    its designed to look great ON the table...

Anyway here's how to open up a Mac Mini... read easy as 123

http://www.smashsworld.com/2005/01/t...ini-how-to.php

hehehe....

Still, its prolly outta my reach now.

So near, yet so far. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    I dun get it. You put it on your table and look longingly at it?

I thought computers belonged UNDER the desk.

But then I guess I'm a dinosaur.
    PCs are ugly, that's why they go under the table. But the Mac Mini is cool.

Regards
    CK

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawn
    maybe, maybe not - if u check out the macworld webcast, u will see it's definitely much smaller than my powerbook 12" even. and it still retains the G4 processor, combo / super drive, firewire, 2 usb 2,0, internal modem, ethernet, speaker out etc etc. all for less than $1000........
    If you remove all the unnecessary stuff like the keyboard, touchpad, etc, the actual area to make a G4 computer is actually very small. This thing actually uses a laptop-type slot-loading optical drive and 2.5" HDD

Regards
    CK

Blog Entries

Default Update

I ordered my Mac mini on 14 Feb and online status shows that it shipped yesterday (17 Feb) .. but still haven't received it yet - wonder where it could have gotten to. Ordered the 1.42Ghz model with 512MB memory and SuperDrive upgrade.

Can't wait to get that little thing and start playing with it

that mac mini...well...might be looking into it...should be a simple thing for a desktop...i dont need that much tech enhancements...he he he...only thing i hope...it wont die like the G4 Cube.
    blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    I ordered my Mac mini on 14 Feb and online status shows that it shipped yesterday (17 Feb) .. but still haven't received it yet - wonder where it could have gotten to. Ordered the 1.42Ghz model with 512MB memory and SuperDrive upgrade.

how much did ya pay for it??? Hehhee.... thinking of getting it with the 23" display.... woohooo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren

Congrats, anyway you should have gotten it with min RAM and snap it a 1GB stick in there, the installation is very very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind
    Congrats, anyway you should have gotten it with min RAM and snap it a 1GB stick in there, the installation is very very easy.
    but also very very expansive. the basic unit cheap, but Darren's combo is sure expansive.

Blog Entries

I did think about that but then in the end, just went with the easy option.

Its a pity that the Mac dealers I approached did not want to do the memory upgrade, all saying that they will have to order from Apple directly. Thus obviously negating any possible option that I would have picked up the stock mini from them and get them to do the memory upgrade.

And since I was getting from Apple directly, I thought that I might as well get the SuperDrive option.

ahh.... the Ram pieces should be avail soon @ our Sim Lim shop soon... hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    ahh.... the Ram pieces should be avail soon @ our Sim Lim shop soon... hehehe...
    What you talking about? It's stock standard PC2700 DDR RAM!

What you talking about? It's stock standard PC2700 DDR RAM!

ya, but not all DDR RAM works on the mac. the mac is picky when it comes to RAM. anyway Darren, have u thought of how to utilise those USB ports? 1 for keyboard/mouse & the other for ipod. any card readers, ext drive, USB printers, etc. expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    ya, but not all DDR RAM works on the mac. the mac is picky when it comes to RAM. anyway Darren, have u thought of how to utilise those USB ports? 1 for keyboard/mouse & the other for ipod. any card readers, ext drive, USB printers, etc. expansion?
    NAH... please no spread fear and misinformation here.

Here's some fact: It needs 184-pin SDRAM DIMMs that are 2.5 volt, unbuffered, 8-byte, non-parity, and PC2700 compliant. The speed of the SDRAM devices must be rated at 167 MHz or faster.

Min CAS supported is 2.5. Max RAM is 1GB using a 1GB PC2700 SDRAM.

Deregistered

Darren: You need a god-son?

One question: can I use wireless LAN with this machine? Any accessories required for that ? I am using starhub maxonline

Sure, just include the airport card when ordering. Macs works flawlessly with wireless.

And check out the new ilife (mainly for iphoto), I just plonk down s$158 on it for my ibook. Considering the fact that ilife '05 is included in the price for the mac mini, it's really a bargain.

Now I can just use iphoto '05 with it's new adjustment feature for my snapshots and simple adjustment. Tried it out and found it so fast and simple to use that i thought it's money well spent.

a review from a 'microsoft guy'.... sounds too negative but just another side of view... i believe for windows users who have not used mac before, there will be some hardtime to adapt to mac...

http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/MacMini2.html

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast