Thread: PS CS gets 6144 by 4085 pix from D70 Raw file?

Default PS CS gets 6144 by 4085 pix from D70 Raw file?

When I used Photoshop CS to open my D70 RAW files, I choose 16bit processing and choose file size of 6144 by 4085+ and resolution of 999 pixels per inch. Is this a good way to get a bigger picture? Or is quality affected in any way?

the 999 pixels per inch meant nothing at all.

paiseh... so what does the 999 pixels per inch do? And again, is the way i did it the right / a good way to get bigger picture from my Raw file or did it merely produce a bigger picture but with proportionately lower quality / resolution? I'm just wondering if I found a 'cheat' so easily...

still wondering if anyone can answer my question, however they may seem to the experts here...

it merely produce a bigger picture but with proportionately lower quality / resolution.

sigh... as i suspected... i guess no such thing as 'free lunch' or in this case, free resolution upgrade heheh.

Possibly my last silly question... Which is better? To increase picture size through the 16bit Raw processing as picture opens in PS CS, with interpolation software or by increasing size gradually with bicubic smoother settings.

it merely produce a bigger picture but with proportionately lower quality / resolution.
    I thought it only affects print resolution and does nothing to the pixels you see on your monitor

Deregistered

Try using Geniune Fractuals. Seems good to me. I have a few pictures taken in a vacation on VGA resolution (forgot to switch the resolution!!) and thought that I won't be able to print these pictures in 4R size. I use Geniune Fractuals to upsize it, its interpolation is amazingly good. I print out one even with some small cropping, it is usable as 4R. Of course, it is soft, but it does not show pixels.

If you need to print wall size picture from your D70, give it a try.

Thanks jjch_sg!! been told about the GF software sometime already... but hoping dont have to spend more money on new software heheh.