Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any one know where to buy good Hot Dog in Singapore

Default Re: Giant hotdogs

I know there's one at #134, Telok Ayer St. Its call Rite Bite Diner. They served cafe food but their giant hotdogs are nice & quite reasonably priced too...

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy_SAP
    i agree with this hotdog but if i remember it right... it is "Jhonsonville" and not Jacksonville. Anyway, you right with the cheddar as good choice. cost around $10 for 6pcs.
    hehehe... ok. noted down the name.
    me a great fan of hotdogs and sausages (be it german, taiwan, ... )

Hey I think the one at marchie' is not bad. Not sure if they still sell it. Its the one at orchard.. sold upstairs where the cakes and buns are.

They poke a hole in the hotdog bun then shaft the whole spicy juicy dog into it. Wha.. then the bbq sauce and stir fried oinons, mustard and stuff all Ooozz out.. wha lao eh.. power ah that one.

Sorry man.. Im a foodie.

Quote Originally Posted by bangkuangz
    Woah plenty of option .. now I know what I plan to do on weekend .. how to self-grill sausage from Cold Storage ah .. can just use normal pan and butter?

hmmm.. i think i know where to go on weekend!
    Can i have your address please?

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    what brand? wanna buy and try. thanks!
    Sorry, cannot remember brand. It is sold by weight next to the ham section(not off the shelf part), around $1.89 per 100gm at NTUC Thomson. It is BIG and grey white in colour - not very white like the smallish pork chipolata. Not easy to miss because of the size - so big that it cost around $2 each.

It is very very good if bbq in a slow fire until nice and brown with the skin heavily spilted. Grilling it is also good but not heavenly as it should be. Maybe my kungfu is not good enough in this department.

The small white pork chipolata is good grilled and bbq, sold in pack of around 10. Cheaper - around $1.30 per 100 gm. Less punchy and lighter - but rather addictive as well.

I usually buy both - start with the chipolata and upgrade to the 1Ds oops - er larger full frame german sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by popeye
    hmmm.. i think i know where to go on weekend!
    Can i have your address please?
    Hehehehe proven and tested man, just drop by to my place I cook you one lah ...

Quote Originally Posted by tOGGY
    Sorry, cannot remember brand. It is sold by weight next to the ham section(not off the shelf part), around $1.89 per 100gm at NTUC Thomson. It is BIG and grey white in colour - not very white like the smallish pork chipolata. Not easy to miss because of the size - so big that it cost around $2 each.

It is very very good if bbq in a slow fire until nice and brown with the skin heavily spilted. Grilling it is also good but not heavenly as it should be. Maybe my kungfu is not good enough in this department.

The small white pork chipolata is good grilled and bbq, sold in pack of around 10. Cheaper - around $1.30 per 100 gm. Less punchy and lighter - but rather addictive as well.

I usually buy both - start with the chipolata and upgrade to the 1Ds oops - er larger full frame german sausage.
    Any idea what is the different between the brown one and the white one? Never know that the white one can turn to brown after cooked. Initially did not want to try coz the color not so nice

Quote Originally Posted by bangkuangz
    Any idea what is the different between the brown one and the white one? Never know that the white one can turn to brown after cooked. Initially did not want to try coz the color not so nice
    Chicken and pork are lighter meat. Beef is a red meat. This decide a large portion of the colour. The other contribution are the spice - eg garlic, paprika, pepper, etc etc. After cooking, the casing usually turns brown.

The proof of the pudding is in the final eating. It also matters how it looks after cooking. The raw form is not really important. Be brave!

Once I was in New Zealand 15 years ago, and a friend brought me to a place that sells a very famous 'mud cake'. It looks really like a lump of dark mud dug from a riverbed. It really put me off. Anyway I closed my eyes and took a bite and the whole cake soon became history.
    Last edited by tOGGY; 13th January 2005 at 09:18 PM.

Default Sausages..

Can try the sausages from the Swiss Butcher at Greenwood Ave.

All their sausages are made in-house. Not cheap but good quality. Recommended are the:

Veal & Cheese
    Chorizo
    Chipolata
    Lamb Merguez
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by tOGGY
    After cooking, the casing usually turns brown.
    Actually, it depends on the kind of casing used. These days it's either synthetic or natural. If it's natural it's usually pork or lamb intestines.

can try SPCA.. otherwise the caravan at queen vic market in melburne does some good hot dogs.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    can try SPCA.. otherwise the caravan at queen vic market in melburne does some good hot dogs.

..oh yes!...... I remember that........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123