Page 204 of 228 FirstFirst ... 154179194199202203204205206209214 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 4554

Thread: Sentosa Thread II

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Yeah i know .. that's why i'm putting the lens purchase on hold... plus i can get educational discount on the PB ... all the more i'm aiming
    My only gripe it HDD not big enuf..
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Deregistered

You can always buy a larger HDD for the PB

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon
    Cryn... u wanna ask canon if I collect on yr behalf? Canon below me only! I can collect for u & pass u at Raffles City since i gng for the show
    It's OK... thanks anyway..

I want to test it when I collect it.. if anything wrong... can them on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    My only gripe it HDD not big enuf..
    same problem leh.............

Oh yeah hor..Canon is just round the corner for me too. But of coz, gryphon is the nearest.
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    yeap.External firewire HDD...120GB should be fast and sufficient...and a DVD writer to archive those old photos.

wah... you hopping tio nikon ah
    looking at teh price difference for the pro-bodies... it seems like Nikon does have cost advantage for sticking to the 1.5x FLM... ppl like me currently can't afford (or dun see the returns) in putting 13K for 1Ds and when comapring the 1D vs D2x... D2x have advantage of better specs and similarly priced.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Additional $$$ mah...

As for AB, recommendation for external HDD... mine dieded on me

lucky have not deleted my pics on my PC.. else

That's why looking for a RAID storage (server type for home WiFi LAN) Anyone knows how to configure this?

I think archiving photos onto CD is more reliable than putting them into any form of HDD becoz failure rate seems to be higher. THat is besides putting my photos on my 80GB firewire HDD, my photos are also on CDs..just in case..the unexpected does really happen. *touchwood*
    Last edited by acidbyte; 4th February 2005 at 11:46 AM.

hi guys.

Most probably I am going down again tonight. The last time I shoot, I miss some of her posts due to CF card suddenly full. By the time I replace a empty one, she move away liao.

Tonight I will make sure I keep monitor my CF card level and prepare for the right moment
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

CYRN:

Hmm ... at present, linksys has a NAS device that allows you to connect an external HDD or HDD array (Stardom 3-4 bay external 5.25" housing) Linksys NAS ... this is i guess the most feasible for you.

Wack in 2 x 400GB hdds more than enough? No need to have a PC on all the time also.

PB hdd upgrade wise don't buy from apple ... buy the hdd outisde and upgrade yourself would be a cheaper alternative. You just bought your acer notebook and you wanna change?!?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    hi guys.

Most probably I am going down again tonight. The last time I shoot, I miss some of her posts due to CF card suddenly full. By the time I replace a empty one, she move away liao.

Tonight I will make sure I keep monitor my CF card level and prepare for the right moment
    go and buy a 2G CF from EG lah... you can shoot until u happy happy... can show her your collection somemore

hi guys.

So u gng down early to get good place in front of the stage? Lie on the floor & help reserve space. I'll be there abt 6.15pm
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

CYRN:

Hmm ... at present, linksys has a NAS device that allows you to connect an external HDD or HDD array (Stardom 3-4 bay external 5.25" housing) Linksys NAS ... this is i guess the most feasible for you.

Wack in 2 x 400GB hdds more than enough? No need to have a PC on all the time also.

PB hdd upgrade wise don't buy from apple ... buy the hdd outisde and upgrade yourself would be a cheaper alternative. You just bought your acer notebook and you wanna change?!?
    Thanks... I'm actially looking for a FW2 + RAID solution... but this is a good recommendation... I'll check it out at SLS or Funan.

I'm also waiting for the 400GB HDD price to stabilise first... yes.. I'm eyeing them

Not so fast lah... Acer will use for long long time... but these things I also keep track mah... actually was anticipating a G5 PB by 2005... looks like have to wait longer.
    Last edited by CYRN; 4th February 2005 at 12:02 PM.

go and buy a 2G CF from EG lah... you can shoot until u happy happy... can show her your collection somemore
    Too risky to put all eggs in the same basket. I got a 5Gb CF but dare not use for events loh. Only use 6 x 512 only.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Additional $$$ mah...

As for AB, recommendation for external HDD... mine dieded on me

lucky have not deleted my pics on my PC.. else

That's why looking for a RAID storage (server type for home WiFi LAN) Anyone knows how to configure this?
    Raid is not difficult to configure.. But for Permanent storage, get a DVD writer and burn them into DVD safer.. hahaa

Exclamation

D70 Vertical Grip
    (Quote from http://www.harbortronics.com/news.htm)
    January 27, 2005

The VG-D70 is in final production.

The designs are all complete, materials have been approved, and we have several vendors making various parts of the grip for us. They will trickle in slowly at first as everything gets ramped up, but we anticipate being able to start shipping on the week of Feb 14.... sorry it's taken so much time, it's been a long process!
    In the meantime, here is the manual for the VG-D70, which describes it completely, including some pictures. Manual

The price is $165, and we will accept orders for the VG-D70 immediately by check. We will ship in the order checks are received. We anticipate a large demand, so there may be a wait for some customers.

Shipping will be offered as follows:

Individual grips will be shipped via Priority mail within the US for $10. Additional grips in shipment add $5.

Global Express mail will be used to ship to Canada and overseas. Canada $20 and other countries range from $20 to $35 per grip. Additional grips in an order add $5. Please e-mail Deborah@Harbortronics.com for a shipping quote.

Please send check to:

Harbortronics
    P O Box 2663
    Gig Harbor, WA 98335

Too risky to put all eggs in the same basket. I got a 5Gb CF but dare not use for events loh. Only use 6 x 512 only.
    5GB is a MD CF... I also dare not risk it..

2GB Lexar 80x is

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyy
    Raid is not difficult to configure.. But for Permanent storage, get a DVD writer and burn them into DVD safer.. hahaa
    RAID is easy... juz buy the card... but how to hook it to my LAN (as an independent system) so that I can share my pics via LAN for my home PC and Laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte
    D70 Vertical Grip

What's that cabel across the D70 sign? do you need to do sugery on your cam to hook up the grip?