Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressing for official photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Sion

No need tie, pants and shoes?

I think all female guests will fight to pose in front of him and have an eyeful.
    It's effective. Everyone will be looking at you and all your shots got eye contact

Default Re: Dressing for official photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    It's effective. Everyone will be looking at you and all your shots got eye contact
    How you like all photos having all female guests looking at a fixed lower position?

Tuxedo. Get Jackie Chan's tuxedo and run the "good photographer" program. Suddenly you are Pulitzer prize winning caliber.

Blog Entries

Have respect for yourself and your profession .... when everyone in suit and tie and even if you are in long sleeve shirt and office pants, you have allowed yourself to be lowered by a level or 2 even if its from a superficial perspective
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    How you like all photos having all female guests looking at a fixed lower position?
    Well it depends which "gear" is bigger

Thanks all for the interesting ideas and suggestion. I personally feel we should not dress too shabby as a respect for self and our profession. On the other note, if a photographer overdress, the guest may think we are earning big bucks. Guess I will try to fit in with long sleeve shirt and comfortable pants and leather shoes. Jacket will bring along just incase I cant enter the function room without proper dressing.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Thanks all for the interesting ideas and suggestion. I personally feel we should not dress too shabby as a respect for self and our profession. On the other note, if a photographer overdress, the guest may think we are earning big bucks. Guess I will try to fit in with long sleeve shirt and comfortable pants and leather shoes. Jacket will bring along just incase I cant enter the function room without proper dressing.. haha
    Let them be... hahaha... if you are in the high end event, they don't want to know if their photographer is some shaddy freelancer...

I do wear for occasion... I hate being in the suit and tie, but I will wear them if I need to... but of course, I generally charge more to do what I am not interested to do for the inconvenience....

Regards,

Hart

I tink its an eyesore whenever a photographer is the worst dressed at an event, and to be seen around the GOH/Host/VIP..

All the guest are dressed reasonably, that you're working is not an excuse to be dressed shabby. Collared shirt/polo should be min.

I hate seeing pg/vg who wears berms to weddings unless its beach/casual..

Yes I've seen old torn jeans wedding pg. Couple shd really ask wht their hired are wearing on AD..

The amt u charge is not in the equation even if its peanuts. Like Hart says, just charge more if u wish..

2cts..
    Last edited by redmonsoon; 10th June 2012 at 12:03 PM.

For shooting in formal occasions this is what I usually wear: Top Hat, Tail and Walking Stick to go with it.

Maybe Terry Richardson can help us with this:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12