Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What metering shld I use for taking landscape / scenery pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    thanks student!

(I think you shld be called Teacher instead of Student! )

I am thinking of getting a book on metering at Adephi after my flu recovered.
    A teacher teaches.

A student learns.

So I remain a student!

Paul

No need to sweat lah relax.... did I sound so fierce ? Grin,

Exposure on film is a little trickier since you cannot preview anything until u are well away from the place. Digtial's advantage is that u can see something but it also a little of a guessing game since the LCD is an approximation of what u will see on a CRT maybe on a LCD panel it will be closer but I suspect not.

Quote Originally Posted by student
    A teacher teaches.

A student learns.

So I remain a student!
    Can I be student's student?

Quote Originally Posted by eagles_creek
    Can I be student's student?
    Never thought that anyone would want to be my photo "students" ( although I was once in an academic position)

Maybe, if there is sufficient interest. We might get together to learn fom each other. But this will have to come after I return from a trip. Leaving this Sunday.

Be warned! I am strictly a black & white "shooter"!

Never thought that anyone would want to be my photo "students" ( although I was once in an academic position)

Maybe, if there is sufficient interest. We might get together to learn fom each other. But this will have to come after I return from a trip. Leaving this Sunday.

finally! someone asked the magic question...i too want to be a student's student!
    can?
    blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

Hey.....thanks for willing to impart some of your knowledge to us.
    Really really appreciate that, and look forward to learning from you.

Would love to learn more abt black & white photography from you..

So far, got me and khairi liao....rite khairi?

Wish you a safe trip student.

Quote Originally Posted by eagles_creek
    Hey.....thanks for willing to impart some of your knowledge to us.
    Really really appreciate that, and look forward to learning from you.

Would love to learn more abt black & white photography from you..

So far, got me and khairi liao....rite khairi?

Wish you a safe trip student.
    I was following this thread and find alot of what was said very interesting though in varied standards, I think there are different people talking at different knowledge level. Nonetheless, very interesting.

I am a newbie at this and the books that I have read so far agrees with what Student has said.

So in summary, when you guys (Eagles_Creek & Khairi) plan a get together and shoot with Student, may I join you guys?

../azul123

Hi super student, does "reciprocity failure" happens because the different emulsion (color layer) reacts to light differently after say 1sec? Is this the cause of color shift? If so, if I know a particular film has a characteristic of shifting to certain color in long exposure mode, say red. Does if means I can min. the effect using a color filter?

Thanks.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    Hi super student, does "reciprocity failure" happens because the different emulsion (color layer) reacts to light differently after say 1sec? Is this the cause of color shift? If so, if I know a particular film has a characteristic of shifting to certain color in long exposure mode, say red. Does if means I can min. the effect using a color filter?

Thanks.
    I am going to write from pure ignorance because I don't photograph in color! Actually not true. When I bring family on holidays, I always have my color films in my minilux!

In principle, you are right. And using filters will quite definitely change things. Remember, any filter you use will not just change the color of the intended "target layer" but also the other layers as well!

I think the possibilities are there to do all kinds of experiment, with different color lights and filters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123