View Poll Results: Which group you belongs to?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Die hard Liverpool fans(>10 years)

    22 70.97%
  • New Liverpool fans (recent-10years)

    4 12.90%
  • Man U haters supporting liverpool as 2nd team

    2 6.45%
  • Any other team haters supporting liverpool as 2nd team

    3 9.68%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 74

Thread: Who are Liverpool fans... Diehard or Man U haters...

  1. #41

    Default

    speaking of chelsea, i think ranieri did all the hard work and now mourinho turned up and claimed the credit. admittedly, mourinho is a great manager but many forget that it was ranieri that got the likes of terry and lampard to become top class players.

    but look at some MU fans, who had followed beckham and now only buying Real Madrid Jersey No 23 ??

    some out of a sudden become Chelsea fans ? Ask some of them whether they know who is Veiri....they said "no idea". but that was the manager that brought Chelsea most trophies. ???
    a lot of people like that one lah. wear the jersey of the team, speak loud loud when team win but know nuts. long time ago, got this friend of friend who kept talking about how great man utd was and cantona damn solid blah blah blah. would you believe when i mentioned gary pallister and mark hughes, he looked blank? they are key players on the same team! he think football is badminton issit, one man play one. didn't even know his hero cantona was from leeds...hah! i thought he always play for man u one??!!
    turned me off supporting man u even if i intended to. now he probably chelsea or arsenal fan liao......
    i thought vialli, ravanelli and zola are the 3 italians that really made the epl world class. before that, epl teams were never really up there with the european giants but when these guys came in, more and more foreign players came streaming in. and whether you like it or not, man utd's champions league win made english soccer the force it is now. suddenly, all the world realised that the epl teams are a force to be reckoned with.
    speaking of serie a players, i am a big fan of shevchenko, maldini and my all time favourite player, Baggio! (roberto lah, not dino). the divine pony tail was the epitome of a real pro. he played at a 100% and is an asset to any team he played for (except maybe with inter but i felt he was unfairly treated then). and also genaro gattuso, i always felt his contributions were often under-rated but he's a really vital player and would be an asset if somehow liverpool can sign him (dream dream)

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Yup... the 3 italians really improved the standards. Not forgetting other imports like Paolo Di Canio (i love him to bits...he played with real passion!), klinsmen (abeit only 1 season at Spurs), Bergkamp (the 1st of Arsenal's world class imports).

    As for liverpool... we really struggle to sign anyone that's world class honestly until recently. closest is prob when we signed Berger (he's the Euro 96 top midfielder for most people).

  3. #43

    Default

    The biggest joy for me for my fav club liverpool has to be the sacking of Houllier. That was the best and bravest thing the board has done ! Signing Rafael Benitez as liverpool's manger is excellent despite our current standings. I believe next season we will settle down more and with a few more signings , we will be a force to reckon.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Hope so. But the way things are going at Chelsea, i think they will dominate the league for the next few years. Even Man U and Arsenal and my beloved Liverpool can nothing abt it.

    Sad but true, money talks....

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AirbusnBoeing
    The biggest joy for me for my fav club liverpool has to be the sacking of Houllier. That was the best and bravest thing the board has done ! .....
    i agree! hahaa
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,531

    Default

    for those who are Liverpool fans cum anti Mu fans...this is a die die must read article from LFC official web.

  7. #47

    Default

    38. Ruddock winding Cantona up by continually turning his collars down and provoking a retaliation that earned the Frenchman a booking - October 1995

    this is really funny

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Hope so. But the way things are going at Chelsea, i think they will dominate the league for the next few years. Even Man U and Arsenal and my beloved Liverpool can nothing abt it.

    Sad but true, money talks....
    well I think liverpool still can fight...we have one of the best managers in the world in benitez!
    with the correct attitude and mentality instilled in our players next season will be the one to watch.
    really love the way our players play their heart out these days.
    i do respect the work done by houllier..but that's in the past...now is the benitez era.
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akane
    well I think liverpool still can fight...we have one of the best managers in the world in benitez!
    with the correct attitude and mentality instilled in our players next season will be the one to watch.
    really love the way our players play their heart out these days.
    i do respect the work done by houllier..but that's in the past...now is the benitez era.

    go liverpool!!!!!!

    can't wait to whack man utd!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  10. #50

    Default

    woah....missed this interesting thread....

    read my nick you'll know i'm a liverpool fan . i support liverpool since the days when liverpool have players like, john barnes, bruce grobbelar, peter beardsley, jan moby, neil Ruddock, ray houghton, ian rush...............................

    and also i'm a man u hater hate the players, hate the manager.
    i hate them bcos they are too arrogant. their players like...the navel brothers can even declared openly that they hate liverpool! what the hack is this man!

    as for their manager, nothing good had ever came out from his bloody foul mouth.

  11. #51
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kop
    woah....missed this interesting thread....

    read my nick you'll know i'm a liverpool fan . i support liverpool since the days when liverpool have players like, john barnes, bruce grobbelar, peter beardsley, jan moby, neil Ruddock, ray houghton, ian rush...............................

    and also i'm a man u hater hate the players, hate the manager.
    i hate them bcos they are too arrogant. their players like...the navel brothers can even declared openly that they hate liverpool! what the hack is this man!

    as for their manager, nothing good had ever came out from his bloody foul mouth.
    well their manager seems to hold some ali-baba power over the referees and the FA... ahaha

    just keep him safe from the Ref's reach and we will perhaps get a fair verdict!!!

    hocus pocus!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    Liverpool has not won the League for the past, what, 15 years. The Liverpool I respect made up of K Dalghish, Alan Hansen, M Lawrensen, G Souness and Ian Rush..etc. They were simpy unbeatable even on their worst form.

    The Liverpool team of latter years seem to look forward to beating Man U only.

    Benitez has done a good job and in 2 to 3 seasons time Liverpool will be a major major force.

    Beating Man U tonite will not make them League Champions and so what if Liverpool beat Man U tonite and go on to lose games the folllowing weeks? My suggestion: don bother to shout for joy. After tonite's game, get on with your life.

    Looks like this is Chelsea's season unless they stumble badly along the way - just dont count on it.

    Btw I dont support Liverpool; I just respect them.

  13. #53
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er
    Liverpool has not won the League for the past, what, 15 years. The Liverpool I respect made up of K Dalghish, Alan Hansen, M Lawrensen, G Souness and Ian Rush..etc. They were simpy unbeatable even on their worst form.

    The Liverpool team of latter years seem to look forward to beating Man U only.

    Benitez has done a good job and in 2 to 3 seasons time Liverpool will be a major major force.

    Beating Man U tonite will not make them League Champions and so what if Liverpool beat Man U tonite and go on to lose games the folllowing weeks? My suggestion: don bother to shout for joy. After tonite's game, get on with your life.

    Looks like this is Chelsea's season unless they stumble badly along the way - just dont count on it.

    Btw I dont support Liverpool; I just respect them.
    but IT IS OUR LIFE.


    the world will still spin after this game and nothing much will change. but a positive result from Liverpool will really cheer up alot of Singapore Liverpool fans. and that is very much enough.

    heck, nothing lasts forever. but a little happiness goes a long way.

    i'd say let us live in a world of our own for this game tonight, whatever the RESULT and u'll go a long way too. just don't count on it too!

    btw, i support Liverpool and though i dislike man utd, i do respect them, but to a little small percent.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  14. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    but IT IS OUR LIFE.
    yo..bro..i like that man. let me join u

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    Win, lose or draw. Champ or relegated. My heart will always be with Liverpool. I may feel dishearten when they lose, but I will still support them 100% for the next match. Relegated??(touch wood) I'll still wear my Liverpool jersey proudly. At times I may criticise Liverpool's poor play, but that is because I only wish the best for them. The bottomline is...Liverpool is my 1st club that I support and will be always be at the very top of my favourite team. Anybody else can just compare whatever they want, I just want to support my Liverpool.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Kelchim, kop and cheesecake

    I am glad to find such die hard liverpool supporters!

    Long live Liverpool!

  17. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akane
    well said! yes i believe in GOD!

    i used to like the manures when they have pallister, steve bruce, mark hughes, bryan robson etc...but when the new group of arrogant scums namely, beckham, scholes, butt, nevilles took over..i just hate them to the core. and never liked them since.

    but no matter what..i am born a liverpool fan and i will die a liverpool fan.

    we love you liverpool we do
    we love you liverpool we do
    we love you liverpool we do
    oh liverpool we love you
    i really hate your name calling..
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm
    Win, lose or draw. Champ or relegated. My heart will always be with Liverpool. I may feel dishearten when they lose, but I will still support them 100% for the next match. Relegated??(touch wood) I'll still wear my Liverpool jersey proudly. At times I may criticise Liverpool's poor play, but that is because I only wish the best for them. The bottomline is...Liverpool is my 1st club that I support and will be always be at the very top of my favourite team. Anybody else can just compare whatever they want, I just want to support my Liverpool.
    You are indeed a true fan

    They wont get relegated this season. Just that they are not consistent.

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Thomson
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP
    i really hate your name calling..
    At least Manure beat Liver-poo niak niak niak!

  20. #60

    Default

    LIVERPOOL 0 Man Utd 1


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •