View Poll Results: Which group you belongs to?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Die hard Liverpool fans(>10 years)

22 70.97%
  • New Liverpool fans (recent-10years)

4 12.90%
  • Man U haters supporting liverpool as 2nd team

2 6.45%
  • Any other team haters supporting liverpool as 2nd team

3 9.68%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who are Liverpool fans... Diehard or Man U haters...

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    This i agree wholeheartedly....Cantona !!!
    The new bunch is juz simply detestable. :P
    do u know that Cantoan was first approach Liverpool. It was Souness who turned him down.

then he cari Ferguson...and become a legend there. what the heck ? SOuness is the liverpool man that i hate most.

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    i used to like the manures when they have pallister, steve bruce, mark hughes, bryan robson etc...but when the new group of arrogant scums namely, beckham, scholes, butt, nevilles took over..i just hate them to the core. and never liked them since.
    well said..back then to 80s...i never had any hard feeling towards MU. I even respect their team, especially I think Byran Robson was a very good midfielder.

then in a sudden, the spice boy came in, and the new generation of MU fans started to jump in..the players and the fans behave arrogant..and the team started to pick up more yellow/red cards.

That;s where I started to hate them..

somemore the manager also started to act like he was the man of EPL, shout/pressure at the referee, complain about everything, play mind game before actual football game, illegally approach player, teach player to dive (when Jaap stam pointed this out in his book, he was sold without being acknowledged).

and the captain tackled every one like no body business, intentionally break other player leg and smart enough to announce to public.

and the worst is that the fans keep thinking that they are the best of the world.

if we look at european football history, Real Madrid is the best.
    if we look at english football history, Liverpool is the best.
    if we look at world football history, MU did ot win the World Club Cup.

How can they be the best football club in the world ???

it's good to see how much passion and enthusiasm our local fans have for their respective foreign clubs! if only the same level of fervor can translate to support for our own national team, kekeke!

come on, you Lions Supporters!

it's like, those diehard fans who spent hundreds, and even thousands, to support their idols during the Singapore Idol fever. i wonder if the same fans spent the same amount or worked as hard towards helping the victims of the recent tsunami tragedy. i wonder if anyone quit their job and dedicate their time and energy to helping the victims, like some people did, to chase after their idols...during the SG Idol finals?

am i Ot-ing? yes, i am! anyway, i'm standing on neutral ground on this. you have to admit, during the short history of the EPL, Man U IS the team of the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    you have to admit, during the short history of the EPL, Man U IS the team of the last decade.
    either u take in history or u dun...
    u can't deny the fact that England won 1966 World Cup..but that was 40 years ago..??

yet that was what the Sir Bobby Chalrton proud of. Although the victory was handed to England by the lineman fault.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    act blur is sotong only mah......can not considered as "not gentleman" or as "foul play"...wat.....
    If compare against Carroll's goal against Totteham.. this is peanuts!

Yup... Man U is the team of the 90s... so is Arsenal the team for the past 4 years... but do you see Alex Ferguson admit? Hell no!

As for Cantona... He's a talented player, no doubt, but have the temperament of a bull.. I can just imagine Gerrard partnering Cantona (as sup striker) and we will murder all the teams....

As for him going to Man U, you have to salute to Howard Wilkinson. He won the League champion with Cantona (when they promote directly from 1st div) in 1st year and yet he sold Cantona to Man U and quite cheaply i rem (something like 1m quid)!

To this day, EPL Fans are still wondering what the heck he's thinking!

liverpool supporter for just under 10 years
    no fan of man u, arsenal or chelsea but i wouldn't say i hate them. i seriously respect man utd and to a lesser extend arsenal though i dislike them for their arrogance and for the belief that somehow the world owes them something...
    and jose mourinho
    i support liverpool not becos they are not man u or arsenal etc but because they epitomise a professional club. liverpool had never been arrogant and our players may play hard at times but always fair. remember fowler and his protest over a penalty given TO him? i was proud that he was wearing the red jersey. fowler will always be my favourite player and barnes, heggem, riise, gerrard are tops for me too.
    however, i really really REALLY hate the man u, arsenal, chelsea, blackburn "fans" (you know those i mean).

liver-liver-liverpool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am neutral towards other clubs EXCEPT when they play liverpool...

i really detest man utd, it epitomises empty COCKINESS - manager to players to supporters.

most 1990s and early 2000 man utd fans have joined Arsenal and Chelski.

tsk! tsk!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    liverpool supporter for just under 10 years
    no fan of man u, arsenal or chelsea but i wouldn't say i hate them. i seriously respect man utd and to a lesser extend arsenal though i dislike them for their arrogance and for the belief that somehow the world owes them something...
    and jose mourinho
    i support liverpool not becos they are not man u or arsenal etc but because they epitomise a professional club. liverpool had never been arrogant and our players may play hard at times but always fair. remember fowler and his protest over a penalty given TO him? i was proud that he was wearing the red jersey. fowler will always be my favourite player and barnes, heggem, riise, gerrard are tops for me too.
    however, i really really REALLY hate the man u, arsenal, chelsea, blackburn "fans" (you know those i mean).
    Well said and i am proud to have you as fellow Liverpool supporters...

I still rem abt the fowler incident, as well as Arsene Wenger replaying a cup tie when his team score after opp kick the ball out for injury to team mate and most memorable is Paolo Di Canio "Handling" the ball in penalty box instead of scoring to empty net when the goalkeeper get injured. kudos to the true Professionals...

Somehow, i think it will never happens to Man U and ALex Ferguson given the Ruud VN and Rooney (elbowing opp) Gary Neville (too many to list) as well the 2 key devils in Keane (intentionally breaks a player's leg and end his career and admiting it!) and Cantona (karate Kick).

honestly, giddygoat, i do not see many liverpool supporters that are <10years as proved by the poll as well. So it's interesting to know why you support liverpool instead of Man U eventhough they are winning and undoubted the team of the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    liver-liver-liverpool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am neutral towards other clubs EXCEPT when they play liverpool...

i really detest man utd, it epitomises empty COCKINESS - manager to players to supporters.
    Yup.. even the supporters! Even their captain Roy Keane says so claiming they just sit them and eat Shrimp Cocktail!

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32

honestly, giddygoat, i do not see many liverpool supporters that are <10years as proved by the poll as well. So it's interesting to know why you support liverpool instead of Man U eventhough they are winning and undoubted the team of the 90s.
    i also dunno. all i got was years of frustration
    i started watch soccer only during my A's. before that i never really bothered with watching 22guys chasing a ball. i got hooked and was happily watching most teams play. man utd was winning (as usual) but somehow they never appealed to me. never liked cantona as a person even though he was a good player on the pitch. i really like giigs though but not enough to support man utd. i think blackburn won the league then (not sure if it's that season) but their style was a bit too workman-like and it didn't really appeal to me.
    somehow roy evan's liverpool caught my attention, we still had fowler and barnes and mcmanaman and we were playing good football but without pretentions. so i started leaning towards liverpool and particularly fowler. and my fate was completely sealed watching fowler score against villa in the FA (or league?) cup semi. the diving header was magic
    no regrets, i still love liverpool more than ever and even though there are teams doing better or playing much more attractive football now, liverpool is still the team for me.
    one more thing.. i really like the motto and offical song "you'll never walk alone" and like i said after watching our defeat at boro, how many clubs has fans that would cheer after the team lost?
    btw, i realy like rafa and hope he stays on. he has so far shown himself not just as a good manager but a humble man who lets his players do the talking. i really cannot stand the big mouths and moaners like wenger and mourinho.

must admit though, i was a bit of a 2-timer at first cos i also supported spurs under ossie ardilles. how can you not love a team that attacks like hell but dunno how to defend and klinsmann was one of my fave forwards. still have a soft spot for spurs but when the reds meets the whites, i hope LFC wins 10-0

Yesterday dream of MU was thrashed by Chelsea 3 : 0.

In the end, MU got put down by Liverpool for the fourth place in the table....

Ha Ha, MU ends up 5th of the table........

Everyday i pray of MU been out of form, playing silly football, and receiving ridiculous red card for nothing.....God if you hear me, please grant my little wish

I still rem abt the fowler incident, as well as Arsene Wenger replaying a cup tie when his team score after opp kick the ball out for injury to team mate and most memorable is Paolo Di Canio "Handling" the ball in penalty box instead of scoring to empty net when the goalkeeper get injured. kudos to the true Professionals...
    agree with you. true professionals are hard to find these days.....
    football is getting prettier to watch but is getting uglier below the surface

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    i also dunno. all i got was years of frustration
    i started watch soccer only during my A's. before that i never really bothered with watching 22guys chasing a ball. i got hooked and was happily watching most teams play. man utd was winning (as usual) but somehow they never appealed to me. never liked cantona as a person even though he was a good player on the pitch. i really like giigs though but not enough to support man utd. i think blackburn won the league then (not sure if it's that season) but their style was a bit too workman-like and it didn't really appeal to me.
    somehow roy evan's liverpool caught my attention, we still had fowler and barnes and mcmanaman and we were playing good football but without pretentions. so i started leaning towards liverpool and particularly fowler. and my fate was completely sealed watching fowler score against villa in the FA (or league?) cup semi. the diving header was magic
    no regrets, i still love liverpool more than ever and even though there are teams doing better or playing much more attractive football now, liverpool is still the team for me.
    one more thing.. i really like the motto and offical song "you'll never walk alone" and like i said after watching our defeat at boro, how many clubs has fans that would cheer after the team lost?
    btw, i realy like rafa and hope he stays on. he has so far shown himself not just as a good manager but a humble man who lets his players do the talking. i really cannot stand the big mouths and moaners like wenger and mourinho.
    True... A lot of people has been singing praises for liverpool fans... Liverpool is a club with rich history. Actually, a lot of people thinks that liverpool's decline started in the 90s when EPL was renamed. I think it's not then but much earlier in i think 1986 when the hillsborough incident whereby a lot of fans died. As a result, liverpool was banned in Europe and hence started our decline.

The 2nd factor is King Kenny's sudden resignation. He resigned just as Fowler broke into the 1st team and as a result, liverpool never recovers as we appointed Souness and he brought in a bunch of jokers that are not worthy of being a Red such as David Speedie, Michael Thompson (1 season i think), McAteer, Dean Saunders ( i liked him but his time at Pool is possibly his worst spell as he's old then).

When the disciplinarian Souness resigned, Roy Evan (the super-duper nice guy) was appointed and he bascially lost control of the team. The team was playing some attractive football but off-field, they are developing some bad habits and Fowler, Macca, McAteer, James and Rednapp were nicknamed Spiceboys....Then Houllier was brought in to help Evan and to improve the academy (as he's the Technical Director of the French Academy that produces players like Henry).

Finally, Houllier took over and played at times exciting but most time confusing football while we suffers... Ultimately, the Liverpool board did the unthinkable by sacking him! Just imagine a club like liverpool, with top managers like Parsley, Kenny etc! This is the 1st time in liverpool history!

Hopefully the reign of Rafa will bring the dark era of Liverpool to an end and Long Live Liverpool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by copperbird
    Yesterday dream of MU was thrashed by Chelsea 3 : 0.

In the end, MU got put down by Liverpool for the fourth place in the table....

Ha Ha, MU ends up 5th of the table........

Everyday i pray of MU been out of form, playing silly football, and receiving ridiculous red card for nothing.....God if you hear me, please grant my little wish
    Dun need to pray lah... the way Chelsea is playing, I will not be surprise if Chelsea trash Man U with Robben (what a revelation, what a winger!) and dUFF (Begin to regain his blackburn form... If not for abramovic, we would have signed him instead of Kewell...)

one thing for sure....if u have been liverpool fans, and u are still liverpool fans....there u will remain liverpool fans for the rest of your life.

but look at some MU fans, who had followed beckham and now only buying Real Madrid Jersey No 23 ??

some out of a sudden become Chelsea fans ? Ask some of them whether they know who is Veiri....they said "no idea". but that was the manager that brought Chelsea most trophies. ???

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    one thing for sure....if u have been liverpool fans, and u are still liverpool fans....there u will remain liverpool fans for the rest of your life.

but look at some MU fans, who had followed beckham and now only buying Real Madrid Jersey No 23 ??

some out of a sudden become Chelsea fans ? Ask some of them whether they know who is Veiri....they said "no idea". but that was the manager that brought Chelsea most trophies. ???
    Becos you ask wrongly lah, cannot blame them

It's Gianluca Vialli lah, one of my fav player from Serie A.

Fav from Serie A in order of preference:

Manici (the current Lazio mgr and one time partner of Vialli at Samdoria, their partnership rocks!), Paolo Maldini, Zola and Vialli.... these days hardly watch so no comments. But if i watch, i think i will like Shevchenko...

It's Gianluca Vialli lah, one of my fav player from Serie A.
    pai seh...pai seh.. me not chelsea fans. Could not get to spell the name properly...left alone whether it is Vieri or Vialli.

My favourite Serie A player : Paolo Maldini
    The Best Serie A player : Diego Maradona, Michell Platini

My favourtie Serie A team : whoever that could beat MU in the European matches.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast