Thread: PC Show 2012 Canon booth

Default PC Show 2012 Canon booth

Information for those interested. Harvey Norman is selling for Canon at this show.
    Installment plan is available for those who might need it. There's a specific cashier to go to.
    The staff there will ask you to buy extended warranty (under HN). You can choose to reject.

I bought a Ixus 240 HS for my wife.
    Freebies:
    2 x Lexar class 6 8GB cards
    1 x 3.5" Screen protector
    1 x Canon Camera case (white color only)
    1 x 4GB Euro 2012 Thumbdrive
    1 x A-Jays One earbuds (selling for $48 at lvl6 Orange Comms booth)
    1 x NB-11L spare battery (online warranty promotion. Get the spare battery immediately at the redemption booth, register warranty at home).

Freebies are really worth it (especially the battery, earbuds and memory cards-->not the standard class 4 kingston crap).

Had initially wanted to buy the camera via the Privilege Purchase Program but the Service Center staff I spoke to told me to check out PC show first. He hinted the price difference is only $40.

Default Re: PC Show 2012 Canon booth

Personally I won't buy from IT/PC Show, Comex, Sitex.... So crowded and everyone's pushing and rushing you, no time to properly check and test the camera. Dedicated camera shops will sell them much cheaper too. It's just that these shows they like to throw in alot of free gifts, which is actually already factored into the selling price.
    Philippians 4:13
    Visit my flickr! -------> http://www.flickr.com/photos/77348560@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCamera View Post
    Personally I won't buy from IT/PC Show, Comex, Sitex.... So crowded and everyone's pushing and rushing you, no time to properly check and test the camera. Dedicated camera shops will sell them much cheaper too. It's just that these shows they like to throw in alot of free gifts, which is actually already factored into the selling price.
    singaporean just like to join in the crows? :P

actually got my 1st 600D from comex...dat time still noob so thought IT show sure cheaper n good bargain.. lucky for me that time cathay photo throw in digital cabinet which i've been using until now.

i went by there today..but didn't go in..just walked outside hall 4 and 6 haha...mainly because i was just looking for CF cards and to my surprise, the prices Sandisk were selling..i actually bought cheaper from Funan before...so i just walked off..

Quote Originally Posted by Kongfu View Post

actually got my 1st 600D from comex...dat time still noob so thought IT show sure cheaper n good bargain.. lucky for me that time cathay photo throw in digital cabinet which i've been using until now.
    Yeah, all like go there look see look see only....
    Hahaha, that time I thought all camera shops were ripoffs, so bought my first cam from Harvey Norman...

Same! Carrot heads we were.
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCamera View Post
    well, my office is just beside Suntec, just a street across, so I can go during lunch. No crowds at that time. And besides, the quotes I got for this model is really not much different.
    The battery and earbuds more than cover the difference. Hard to resist deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJon82

Same! Carrot heads we were.
    Lol there' always a 1st time n moreover we got the cabinet which i dun c any other show offer disn' we

Any good 5Dmk3 deals?

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Any good 5Dmk3 deals?
    Didnt see 5D series in the brochures. Don't know if they are there or not.

Lol there' always a 1st time n moreover we got the cabinet which i dun c any other show offer disn' we
    Got free trolley also to transfer the cabinet, then choose chio sales mei mei to buy from. Double win!
    Anyway, I went to Funan after I bought from PC fair. Body price from Funan lower, but add in the dry cabinet the price come out similar, plus minus 10-20 range. But only uncles and bros at sales counter, no mei mei.
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Any good 5Dmk3 deals?
    i have read the brouchure online,
    top of the line is 7D only. No FF body.

Quote Originally Posted by SkimMilk View Post
    Didnt see 5D series in the brochures. Don't know if they are there or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunston View Post
    i have read the brouchure online,
    top of the line is 7D only. No FF body.
    Thanks guys. Same here I cant find any new models DSLR in the brouchers.

Haha...was there in the afternoon & did not see any 5dm2 or m3...wondering what they are up to.Only the usual suspects,600d,60d,7d & what have you.But i did observe that they are throwing extra freebies like adobe lightroom software,STBG camera strap (dunno wat) & have free online warranty promotion like the 6MDH & Hansa miniature blah blah blah...To each his own.period.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJon82

Got free trolley also to transfer the cabinet, then choose chio sales mei mei to buy from. Double win!
    Anyway, I went to Funan after I bought from PC fair. Body price from Funan lower, but add in the dry cabinet the price come out similar, plus minus 10-20 range. But only uncles and bros at sales counter, no mei mei.
    Lol true true ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus7
    Haha...was there in the afternoon & did not see any 5dm2 or m3...wondering what they are up to.Only the usual suspects,600d,60d,7d & what have you.But i did observe that they are throwing extra freebies like adobe lightroom software,STBG camera strap (dunno wat) & have free online warranty promotion like the 6MDH & Hansa miniature blah blah blah...To each his own.period.
    For info, for all Canon roadshow and exhibition will only have entry level only. For professional models (FF) you have to get from camera shop outside. So for those getting FF dun waste time going to shows cos there's nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by andyseah View Post
    For info, for all Canon roadshow and exhibition will only have entry level only. For professional models (FF) you have to get from camera shop outside. So for those getting FF dun waste time going to shows cos there's nothing for you.
    Cos the pros know better than to buy from these kind of shows