Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using the Manfrotoo Neotec 458B Tripod

Default Anyone using the Manfrotoo Neotec 458B Tripod

http://www.manfrotto.com/neotec/default.htm
    this one

is it really seem so easy and convenient to pull out and push back the tripod leg like the flash page ?

anyone know how much is this tripod ?

i like the idea of this tripod but .... it is so heavy ... 2.4KG ... around 3KG with a manfrotto ball head .... this back me off ...

there is a discussion of this last year, and since tat day to now, nobody in sg seem to have this tripod, and its not on sale at any shops...

i'd prefer a CF version of the 055pro, something that is versatile, but the head is still aluminium, only the stand is CF, so if the price is a hell of a difference, i'd rather get a Gitzo explorer or leveling tripod...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Go to TK Foto, they not only have the tripot but also the monopod.

issit? din see it when i was there... hmmz... time to open my eyes...

sorry for the misinformation, retract my previous statement.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Dennis, u know the price of the tripod? seems like this can replace the 190Pro...

wow , its so cool, too bad about the weight, but if they come out with a CF version...

Quote Originally Posted by loupgarou
    wow , its so cool, too bad about the weight, but if they come out with a CF version...
    ya, just made a comparison... it might just get to replace my 055proB... if its not expensive... its actually taller than the 190Pro, the only diff is the centre column i believe, cos its significantly shorter when fully extended than the 055pro. i wonder if its possible to change the strap to neoprene ones, since its neotec how come dun seem like a neoprene?

Bros, I just checked with CP and heard JJ not bringing in the neotec to SG. They shld should be in the price range of 400-500+
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

I believe we can go TK to take a look at the tripod. Played with it many months back, when it just arrived. It's still there. There was a monopod version as well, did not get to play with it as SOMEBODY acted very fast, bought it right after it came. Heh. Would love to get the monopod.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    Bros, I just checked with CP and heard JJ not bringing in the neotec to SG. They shld should be in the price range of 400-500+
    like tat rather bo hua liao... cos its cheaper to buy a CF tripod... even a gitzo is cheaper... if its about 200+ i dun mind... since a 055proB already cost me 180, den 250 for the fancy legs, just nice...

Aiya DCA, you can ask me mah.

Anyway, there is one set display there, have handle it and found its quite heavy.
    Though the handling are users friendly that 190Pro and 055Pro but it cost about $500 plus and the weight is heavy than 055Pro.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

I believe they do have a number of the monopod now. Yes the tripod is still there and now complimented by the monopod. Price I am not sure, got to ask them. I believe they do have at least 3 pcs of the monopod but better hurry that was sometime ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveIronFrenzy
    I believe we can go TK to take a look at the tripod. Played with it many months back, when it just arrived. It's still there. There was a monopod version as well, did not get to play with it as SOMEBODY acted very fast, bought it right after it came. Heh. Would love to get the monopod.

You sure Gitzo CF is cheaper ??.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    like tat rather bo hua liao... cos its cheaper to buy a CF tripod... even a gitzo is cheaper... if its about 200+ i dun mind... since a 055proB already cost me 180, den 250 for the fancy legs, just nice...

monopod how much?

eh KT... u see b4 liao ar... kao 500+ i think i buy another 190Pro & a Velbon Sherpa Pro also can... or heart break buy a Gitzo CF levelling tripod... this is the 1st item u see yet never buy... must be something bad..

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    You sure Gitzo CF is cheaper ??.
    @500++ for this neotec, i think i'll consider Gitzo... for its lightweight CF & brand...

Looks interesting but the weight and price is a drawback. If 200+ can consider.

Frankly speaking the neotec is not that bad except for the weight. That is the killer for me, it will break my back before I can even get to use it.
    I think monopod is much cheaper and more useful.

The good point is that the setup is vey fast and easy, just press the button and you will be ready in less than 2 minutes at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    Frankly speaking the neotec is not that bad except for the weight. That is the killer for me, it will break my back before I can even get to use it.
    I think monopod is much cheaper and more useful.
    OT a bit. I seldom use monopod.
    On what occassion will it be suitable for usage?

Any moment when you are using the 70-200VR or any other heavy or longer lens.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    OT a bit. I seldom use monopod.
    On what occassion will it be suitable for usage?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast